When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (11 - Part 2)

*/This is a pretty good chapter, even if i do say so myself ;) Shit is gonna go DOWN! Ahaha, wait until you see this cliffhanger :'] /*

"Shit. How long have I been asleep for?" I asked, hoping I hadn't made him wait ages for me. "You should have woken me."

"No," he laughed, "I've only been waiting 15 minutes and you looked really peaceful, it would have been a shame to ruin it."

I nodded, and then slowly took in my surroundings. Mr Hinchcliffe had brought me to the coast? I could hear children's laughter, see the smiles of parents and smell the scent of warm donuts in the air...it was such a beautiful atmosphere here, but why he would bring me I have no idea.

"You brought me to the beach?" I blurted out, then regretted it as the tone of my voice sounded not only confused, but malicious.

"Yeah..." He frowned, "Don't you like it?"

"Yeah. Yeah I do, I love it. But it was only 10 minutes ago when we were in crappy old Pebbles."

He laughed; the sound floating through the air and to my ears, making me automatically smile at him.

"You mean 2 hours ago. You slept the whole way, Jas. I guess you needed it."

He stood up then and walked ahead of me, motioning for me to follow. I did so, and we began to walk along the beachfront. The sun was shining and the breeze was only slight, so before walking off I took off my cardigan and slung it in the car.

We walked in silence, but it wasn't an uncomfortable one. More of a wow-this-is-brilliant-i-don't-quite-know-what-to-say type of silence, and it was perfect. I think words could have ruined the moment to be honest, because I always ended up making a fool of myself.

I stopped to buy a hot chocolate from a small Starbucks on the seafront, Mr Hinchcliffe going to the café next door to buy some chips (Fries? American/British language barrier, isn't it?). We sat on a bench at the top of the beach and I supped my hot chocolate in silence. What I wanted to say, well, ask, wasn't appropriate for this moment. I didn't want to ruin today.

I pursed my lips and leaned back on the bench, exhaling deeply. I didn't think it was too obvious that something was wrong; but it must have been because at that moment, Mr Hinchcliffe turned to me.

"Jas...What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I answered too quickly, and cursed at myself inside. If it wasn't obvious enough before, it was now. I shook my head.

"You've barely said a word in half an hour, and I can't usually get you to shut up."

I opened my mouth to protest but it was useless, he was right. There was no point starting an argument when there was nothing to argue over apart from him worrying about me. I blushed in embarrassment when he said he couldn't shut me up, because that was right too. I just couldn't be silent around him...it was weird.

"Well?" He asked, a puzzled look dominating his features. "I brought you here to cheer you up, not upset you..."

I shook my head immediately.

"You haven't upset me by bringing me here, this is really cool. I've always loved the beach, ever since I was little. But...oh, never mind. I just can't get something off of my mind, that's all."

"Well, I do sometimes have that impact on people..." He smirked at me and I could feel the blush rising again. He was such a wind up.

"Well, not me! I didn't mean that!"

"I know you didn't, Jasmine. I was joking. I think." Then he winked. Oh gosh, please stop it. If he keeps this up I'll end up telling him everything.