When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (34)

I pulled open my eyelids groggily, expecting to see Marc by my side but I couldn't have been more wrong. Glancing around at my surroundings, reality hit me like a slap in the face. I blinked a few times, realising where I was...my old bedroom, the one in the house that I lived in up until I moved away with my father. The one where I lived with my mother and John. I hadn't been here for years and it hadn't changed at all; the same baby pink walls, my white wooden desk that was now dishevelled and breaking. The only thing noticeably different is the fact that none of my possessions were there, I took them away with me when I moved.

I went to pull up my arm to swipe my hair out of my face, it felt like it was stuck to my forehead. Thing is, I couldn't move my arm. Panicking, I realised my hands were tied behind my back on the chair that I was sat on. My legs were also tied. Shit, damn it!

I snapped my head up when I heard the door creek open. I didn't want to cry but I could already feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Goddammit, this is all I needed!

“Morning, princess. My, how you've grown.”

John. Really?! Fucking hell, I can't believe this.

“Fuck. You.” I spat angrily, turning my head away from him. I couldn't stand to look at his face, the eyes that used to glare at me in disgust. It all held too many memories.

I felt a sharp pain on my face and screamed out in pain, he had hit me! Could I expect anything else, though? He is a sick, twisted man.

“Keep away from me!” I shouted, tears falling from my eyes.

“You better be nice, little girl, before you end up just like your mother. Dead and lying in a ditch somewhere.”

That was kind of an admission, right? I knew it, I KNEW it was all his doing! Hearing him admit it was something else, though...a feeling hit me that I can't quite explain. Emptiness, I guess. Mixed with utter hatred and disgust, I actually gagged.

“I knew you did it! You ABSOLUTE PIG!”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,.” He said, coming closer and crouching right in front of me. Oh God, get away from me!

“I didn't do it, but one of my lads did. Did you really think I would let your whore of a mother get away with what she did, ruining my reputation so badly?”

I shook my head in complete disbelief, how dare he speak about my mother that way! I spat in his face, unable to stop myself. That's what he deserved, he's scum. Not worth anything at all. My outburst was met with another slap across the face but this time, I held in my scream knowing it only encouraged him. He likes to see people in pain, that's the kind of sick man he is.