Aftermath

Virgil was sobbing, his face leaking with tears. His paranoia was working up with what Dee could mean by what he said. It could be just "Patton doesn't love you."  When he said "Patton loves all of you, you, Logan, and Roman." And that would be it. It would still be a lie, no matter if Patton still loved Roman, because he didn't like Virgil. From the way Patton stared at Logan, or would try to get closer to him, he could tell Patton loved Logan the same as Roman. It was still a lie, because Patton didn't love Virgil, so he didn't love all of them. 

It didn't help that he said it that way though, it made Virgil worry for his soulmates, worry that Patton didn't love any of them for a minute. And if Virgil were to take it to the extreme lie, Patton hated them all. 

But no, that wasn't Patton. Patton loved Roman like he loved cookies. And Logan was close behind. But Patton hating Virgil, that was the most likely thing in Virgil's mind. What was Virgil to the group, a burden, that they simply took care of because he was their soulmate? Something to help pay rent? Or nothing? Virgil was hated by Patton, that thought became a cemented thought in his mind that refused to move. No matter how unlike Patton that would be. Virgil's phone rang, and he kept pressing decline until the other line gave up.

A minute of simple crying into a pillow continued, until Logan slammed the door open. Logan quiet closed the door, realizing it wasn't something physical, and walked slowly to Virgil's bed. Logan sat in front of the crying male, rubbing his scalp in a hope to calm him down. It, luckily, wasn't a panic attack, but Virgil was crying, which couldn't be good. After a few minutes, Virgil tired himself out and fell asleep in the fetal position. Logan placed a blanket on Virgil to keep him warm from his body cooling down.

As if on cue, Logan's phone began ringing. So he stepped out and took the call, forgetting to check who it was. 

"Hello?" Logan asked into the device.

"Logan, is Virgil with you?" Dee's panicked voice came from the other end. 

"Yes, he's asleep right now, so he can't talk to you." Logan explained.

"I don't think he wants to talk to me." Dee laughed dryly.

"Well, if he does, he can't right now..." Logan raised an eyebrow.

"No, ugh. I can tell the truth now. The sky is blue!" Dee sighed.

"I thought it was only opinionated answers." Logan pointed out.

"It's been a long time, and I've gotten better. And- wait, I'm supposed to be talking about Virgil! Okay, is he okay?" Dee worried.

"He cried himself to sleep just now." Logan sighed.

"I f*cked up." Dee confessed, startling Logan by his choice of words.

"How so?" Logan hummed, twirling his fingers as he leaned against a wall.

"I didn't tell him I can say the truth now, and now he thinks I said Patton hates him." The younger fessed up.

"Well, that was terrible planning on your part." Logan rolled his eyes.

"I know, just, tell him I can say the truth now. And I actually meant everything that I said." Dee pleaded.

"I'll tell him when he wakes up. I presume you already told Patton and Roman." Logan wondered.

"Yeah, how'd you guess?" Dee breathed normally now.

"You have Patton and Virgil's number, but you don't have Roman and I's. So you must have called Patton after you talked to Virgil. Patton went out so he would redirect you to Roman, who went to work early, so you had to call me, and hope I was still home. You're lucky it's a weekend." Logan explained.

"Yeah, you're really smart, it's sometimes scary. Anyway, talk to you later, please make sure you tell Virgil." Dee smiled, content with the conversation.

"Yes, I will, have a good day, Deceit." Logan sighed, closing his phone, hoping Dee didn't realize he used the man's nickname.

"Logan?" A sleepy male asked from the doorway, a fluffy blanket around his shoulders.

"Virgil, are you okay?" The smaller cooed, placing his phone in his pocket.

"No." The words tumbled out, his mouth betraying him.

"That's fine. Do you want to talk to me about it?" Logan asked.

"No, I don't want to talk, 'cause I might cry, again." Virgil laughed self-deprecatingly.

"That's fine. I can tell you about it though, Dee just called me. He said that he can tell the truth now, and that he actually meant every word he said to you. I am unaware of the details, other than you misunderstood it as Patton hating you, and you don't need to say anything about it for as long as we live if you don't want to. But, I am willing to provide any comfort you wish that is needed due to this event." Logan rambled. And he probably would have continued if Virgil wasn't about to start crying again.

"I am such an idiot." He mumbled.

"No, you were unaware of Deceit being able to tell the truth and made a reasonable conclusion, from your knowledge. Though, with more thought you should have realized Patton could never hate you. Patton loves everyone." Logan reassured the crying male. "Do you want a hug now?" 

Virgil nodded, taking a few steps forward, his blanket still wrapped around him. Logan pulled the taller closer, locking his arms around his soulmate. The two slowly walked into the purple room, letting go of eachother only to close the door. The two collapsed on the bed, braiding their legs together. Logan pressed a couple quick kisses to Virgil's lips, muttering compliments against them. Virgil smiled, laughing one of his laughs he would when Patton told a good joke. One of his real laughs.

"I love you." Logan reminded the other.

"I love you too, nerd." Virgil rolled his eyes, before pressing one or two kisses to Logan's mouth, then closed his eyes. "I'm gonna sleep now." The boy yawned.

"It's five in the afternoon." Logan frowned.

"Too bad, I got in bed, I'm not getting out." The emo chuckled, closing his eyes. Logan sighed, set his glasses to the side, and joined Virgil in the land of dreams.

The other two came home, worried, but those thoughts dissipated when they opened Virgil's door to find Virgil and Logan snug in the purple bed, dreaming peaceful. They both fell a little bit when they saw the precocious sight. Fell more in love to be exact.