22. {♛} The Escape

The water was already half way up to my shoulders I couldn't breathe anymore

I gasped as I held the sides of the lift for support.
I closed my eyes remembering ever memory from childhood to now.
How I met Virat for the very first time how we slowly started to love each other and our journey.
If this was how I am going to die than it is a good death I won't have to stay in the guilt of not being able to save Virat I am dying trying to save him. I did my best but the only regret I have is I couldn't save him soon he would be killed too.
When suddenly the door of the lift opened and all the water got out with fierce speed I was pushed out too.
“Anushka go! Get out from here please. I love you ” I heard Virat's voice in the microphone.
I stood there shocked but I had to pick up myself I had to get control over myself.
I could save Virat only If I saved myself.
That's when I started running. I ran as fast as I could I didn't have any idea where this is going to get me but I ran with all my might I climbed the stairs suddenly the light had gone off but I had to find my way I kept walking trusting my instinct when a hand grabbed me I was about to swing my hand when I heard a familiar voice.
“Shh Anushka I got you” Will whispered
And then dragged me through somewhere I had no idea of then we went through a door and ended up in the parking lot.
I saw a black range Rover and we ran towards it. Jennifer opened the door and I sat in as did Will and Maya as we took off.

Okay I know this book is from Anushka's point of view but Virat's point of view is necessary for this chapter so here it is.

Virat's Point of View

It had been days since I was brought here.
It was pure torture here everyday I had to go through beating and whipping and these cowards had tied my hands and legs only if they could until it I would show them who are they messing with. I don't know what injections they have been putting through me these days but they sure are making me weak. The only relief through all this pain is Anushka My Anushka. She came here all this way for me but more than feeling good I was note scared. They had already got me I didn't want them to lay their dirty hands on her as well. I knew whatever her plan was it was quite risky and I didn't want her to do it I wanted her out of this. She doesn't deserve this any of this.

********
Another session of beatings and torture this time it was much harsher I could feel the pain take over me I could feel darkness take over me I tried to fight against it but then I felt a needle down my neck and I knew I wouldn't be able to fight it anymore and darkness took over.
When I woke up this time I was not in my notmal room.
It looked more of some control center with screens all around me. Even without moving I already could feel the rope around my hands and legs I was tied on a chair.
And then I saw that monster Brad Kingston just standing besides me I wanted to wipe that Smirk of his face.
“Oh so you are finally awake love” he laughed “I have got a surprise for you today” I had no Idea what he was talking about or what had happened in the mean time I was completely passed out.
When his glance directed to the big screen in the front. It was Anushka in a lift My Anushka. Shit Brad knew about all this. This can't happen I can't let him hurt her.
Anger and rage burst through me.
“lets have some fun shall we?” He laughed and then pushed some button and water started pouring through the lift

“No let her go” I shouted

“Oh no baby! I just started having fun! Now you must see her die in front of your own eyes and you shall experience the sorrow I feel when I kill you and when I killed more of you. Ungrateful lads who refuse to love me ” He snapped

I knew I had to do something I started concentrating on the rope behind me I started to try to untie it. I had to do something fast the water was filling fast I saw her struggling. I couldn't let anything happen to her I will protect her no matter what. When I felt the rope started to break and I untied it. I still had to pretend it was tied I made sure no one saw me as I untied the rope in my legs as well. The water had rised till her neck I had to act fast I got up and ran to where Brad was I pushed him and pressed every button I thought could be useful when I think I got a button right the door of the lift opened.
“Anushka go! get out of here please. I love you” I shouted and then Brad and his Men we're already behind me till then. I had to do something. Till Anushka makes out safe I can't let them near this buttons when one of the men swung his arm at me I caught it mid way and twisted it. And lunged him forward at another men then I threw punches at a man who tried to get hold of my neck ducking another who shoved a knife towards me. As I caught a hold of the knife and stabbed him. Just when someone came towards me with a gun when I heard Brad shouting “No one kills him. I have my plans” the men with gun looked confused when I took advantage of him and took the gun from him and fired it on the other men. And it did hit some of them. I had never fired a gun but I knew that my aim was pretty good because of my aim practice during cricket.
I saw some men Advance towards me as I ducked some of their punches and threw some punches at them when suddenly something hard struck on my head. Someone had hit something hard enough.
My head started to feel heavy as I last glanced towards the range Rover getting out of the mansion on the camera. I let the darkness take over me.

I know I have updated this after ages but I seriously didn't have time and neither I was in a space of mind to update.
So yeah here it is.
Don't be a ghost reader because if I do not get enough votes it won't motivate me to update so please vote and comment so that I can update fast enough. Thank you x ❤