Part 54: Request #48

Start from the beginning

It was a moment of silence as Chris looked towards Scott then to you with brows raised up, the silent scolding from the uncle to his niece was felt by Scott and Brett.

"I know this man," the silence died when Satomi spoke and approached the 4 of you. "He may not remember, but we've met before."

You looked towards the other Alpha and to Chris, trying to see if there were any recognition that would glint in his eyes.

"You can trust him," Scott assured Satomi. "I trust him."

"How do we know he's not like the others?" Satomi questioned again making Brett growl just a little as his hand held yours and pulled you ever so slightly behind him.

"What others?" He asked, his brows suddenly furrowed at the new-found information he was hearing.

"Last night, there was a whole team after them." Kira shared, recalling that you and she were chasing down the hunters that were chasing after Lori and Brett.

"They used crossbows." You handed the silver-tipped arrow with an insignia of another family on it, the very same one that you managed to get out of Brett's shoulder.

"They're hunters, aren't they?" Scott asked.

"Not if they're killing for profit." Chris said. "Not anymore."

"Can they find us?" Brett spoke, his hand was now holding yours – this small detail didn't go unnoticed as Chris looked down on your joined hands that suddenly reminded him of his daughter and how she got mixed into all of this.

"They might already know you're here," your uncle replied, the hand you held already tightening their hold. "Maybe they're waiting for dark."

"They're not safe here," Kira spoke, looking to Scott then to you.

"They're not safe anywhere." You replied.

"We've been trying to get out for days," Satomi informed. "But everywhere we turn, we find someone new trying to kill us."

You looked to Brett then to Lori who approached the two of you, her hands holding on to yours as if trying to find comfort from someone who was another stronger figure other than her brother.

After a while of planning a strategy, you were now helping your uncle place motion sensors around the Argent Armory warehouse while Scott called for Derek for help who then called Braeden for added backup.

Chris was helping you strap on as much needed weapons that you were capable of fighting with, mostly a hand-to-hand combat type of weaponry. It was something that Chris liked when you and your cousin would be together, the both of you were total opposites in the field with you being the close-range fighter while Allison would rather much enjoy being in a distance to target the enemies.

"Be careful, okay?" He finally spoke after a long silence.

"I will," you smiled, you knew he was reminiscing about his daughter and how he would be the one helping her like this whenever the Argent clan would host hunting ceremonies and whatnot.