"I'm good, and you?"

"I'm well; the girls are out in the barn if you want to join them. I believe the others are on the way. Besides, it will give you an excuse to visit your horses."

I smiled, "Sure, I'll catch up to them."

"Okay, lunch will be ready in a lil bit, now go on," she shooed me in the direction of the barn.

I laughed knowing how she likes to be alone when she cooks; she has a system and gets overly frustrated if anyone messes it up, "Yes, Ma'am." I hopped off the porch kicking up some gravel with my boots in the process and made my way to the barn about fifty feet away from the house. The barn was your average barn with the worn down red paint and chipped white trim. A whiff mixed of horse hair and hay hit my nose like a punch to the face; I didn't mind it. I actually enjoyed the scent and found myself missing it.

Laughter rang through the still air; I followed it inside the barn. Phoenix, Lacey, and Saige were standing in front of a dapple gray Thoroughbred, Lacey's horse. Phoenix held a carrot up to its mouth and laughed when it yanked it from her hand chomping loudly clearly enjoying the snack. "This is Luna, the sweetest horse you'll ever meet. I've had her since I was little; I learned to ride on her."

"I forget how beautiful she is," Phoenix lightly brushed her fingers down Luna's nose. I stood in the doorway, my presence unnoticed.

"Want to pet her, Saige?" She stared up at Luna with wide eyes, not fully from fear; she seemed mostly in awe of the animal, but she still hesitated. "Or you can give her a carrot; she'll love you forever if you do," Lacey smiled reassuringly. She nodded and Lacey placed the carrot in her hand. She fixed it to where her hand was at the farthest end and held it up to Luna's mouth. She didn't yank it like when Phoenix fed her; she took it gently from her hand and brayed happily. Saige beamed.

"Hey, ya'll," I decided to step in.

"Ky!" Lacey grinned, "Come see him!"

I held a grin of my own and strode towards my horse's stall; I saved up and bought him when I was seventeen. My dad never understood why I wanted him; he was wild, and his temper matched his hair perfectly. I stopped in front of my red Mustang, he stomped his hooves and neighed anxiously ready for a run. I placed my hand on his white nose, "Hey buddy." He pushed his nose into my hand snorting.

"Bolt's due for a good run, you're the only one who can ride him," Lacey explained. "I tried once, and I'm not trying again."

"I'll take him for one before I leave."

"Did you get a new horse, Lacey?" Phoenix stood at the last stall.

"Oh yeah! We've had her for a couple weeks; no one's ridden her yet. She doesn't even have a name." We went to where Phoenix was standing, a brown and white paint horse stood in the back of the stall eating some hay.

Saige sucked in a small gasp, "She's beautiful."

It was the first words she uttered since her breakdown in the forest. We were stunned to silence as she admired the horse with bright eyes. "You can pet her if you want," Lacey tried again. "She's friendly." Saige secluded herself back into her silent state and shook her head.

"So, where's my favorite horse?" Phoenix grinned. "Is he still here?"

"Of course," Lacey laughed. "He's over here."

They walked to the other side of the barn leaving Saige and I in front of No Name. This was my chance to say something, but I wasn't sure where to start. So I just went for it, "I'm sorry." Her face stayed hidden behind her hair. "I don't even have an excuse for pushing you away. That was wrong; I was wrong." Still, she gave me nothing. I sighed, "Saige, I really am sorry." I mentally punched myself, I could have just messed up our friendship as fragile as she is and as stupid as I am; it hurt. "Please Saige; what do I have to do to make it up to you?"