Chapter 26-Retaliation

Well...this was not the entrance I had pictured in my mind.

Aries had, thankfully, done as Aurora had asked. He had left them alone and gone to pick up the car. And from what she could tell, there was no Siena in sight. This was good, this was progress. No Siena meant she could actually breathe without erupting into coughs from her bad breath. This would make arguing with Aries much more efficient.

Her plan was to march into the limo and stare at her phone the whole time. She'd give him the cold shoulder and act as though she hadn't just run off to have a secret meeting with an unfamiliar man. Most likely he would say nothing in return, but if he did, she would be ready with a counter argument. God, she looked forward to that.

She eyed the limousine carefully. You're always right, she told herself. You're always right. And she was. She could barely look Severin the face, let alone make love to him tonight, so the option of going home with him was a definite no.

Aries was the only person with a plane to fly her back home. So, yeah, she was right. This was the right decision. Just make sure he knows that you're still in charge.

But then she opened the door to the limousine, and it's new car smell mixed with an unfamiliar cologne filled her nostrils. In an instant, her carefully calculated plans went out the window. A rush of blood flew to her head, and Aurora knew she wouldn't be thinking straight.

It wasn't a drug. Not intentional at least. It was something else she hadn't encountered before.

Hormones.

Aurora climbed into the car and sat in the seat for a moment, a dumbstruck look on her face. She didn't know how to feel, or what to do, due to this unknown feeling. Suddenly, her fingers were twitching and stomach was tossing in a very unwelcomed manner.

"Why do you look like your puppy just got ran over?" A voice asked curiously.

Aurora's head whipped around to the location of the voice. She had been expecting gruff and mocking, but this voice was sincere and concerned. Had the hormones affected her hearing too?

The limo was dark. There was a man in the corner. Two men, maybe, but, again, it was really dark except for the light coming from the small wine cooler that sat right next to Aurora. The figure made no move to let Aurora see who he was.

Did I just get in the wrong limo?

Did I just do the kdinapper's work and willingly walk into their car?

Is Aries really that pissed that he is taking a separate limo?

"I'm not sure," Aurora answered slowly. "Perhaps the light is playing tricks on you."

"Or, perhaps you are experiencing what many would call a crash," the voice said cheerfully. "It can occur due to many certain things such as a high in energy, a high in adrenaline, a massive intake of sugar, one too many margaritas, or drugs. Hmm, the last one is plausible in your case. Are you quite certain you got your own drinks tonight?"

"She wouldn't accept a drink from a man if they fell down her feet and kissed the floor she walked on," a much deeper voice scoffed.

Ahh, now Aurora was almost positive that that last comment was Aries. Everything from the huskiness in his voice to the bitter sarcasm dripping from his tone told her that there were two figures in the car, and Aries was one of them. At least that meant she wasn't being kidnapped. This was progress. But who was the other one?

Aurora leaned back in the seat and closed her eyes. "Aries, I think you could learn a thing or two from your smiley partner. He could teach you that if you ask politely before shoving a gun in someone's face, they might just give you what you want."