Chapter 22-Give an Inch

"Aurora stop tapping your foot."

"Stop breathing."

"Aries make her stop!"

"Aurora shut the hell up."

"You don't control me."

Siena huffed. "When is the damn plane going to land?"

"Ten minutes." Aries flipped another page of his gold watch magazine.

"Hmph. Fine. I'm going to the bathroom, then."

"Nobody asked."

"Get over yourself," Siena seethed and shot up from her seat and very immaturely stomped over to the bathroom and locked herself inside. Aurora snickered. She desperately hoped the in-flight tacos were going to get the best of the blonde.

The plane began its slow descent. Aurora could hear the groan from Siena. But, irritated and lacking patience, Aurora began to tap her foot again and drum her fingers against the cushion. She began to furiously demand of herself to know when would this nightmare end? When would she wake up? Her fingers began to tap faster.

"Aurora what is your problem?" Aries demanded when Aurora had begun to time her noise for when the most expensive of the watches showed up in his magazine.

Aurora shot him a look before she began her rant, one that told him that he was picking the wrong fight. But obviously he only saw it as fuel to fight back. His loss. "My problem? My problem is that that girl is within my very strict four hundred mile prohibited radius. Why? Why is she here?"

"Because she is my date."

Aurora huffed impatiently. "And why is she your date?"

"Because you were 'unavailable'," Aries replied flatly.

"That's not fair," Aurora glared. "It's Catania. Do you know how much hell there would be if I showed up with you in Catania instead of with Severin?"

"What's wrong with me?" Aries asked sarcastically.

"Hmm, I'll tell you what. You buy up all of Catania and then I'll be your heavily armed arm candy for any event you want to bring me to, all-expense paid by you, of course."

"Of course."

The flush of a toilet suddenly brought Aurora back to the topic. "Seriously, why her? How do you even know her?"

"We met at a bar."

"Very romantic," Aurora scoffed. "Oh! Did you do the thing and put your hand around her waist? I bet it was love at first sight when she finally turned around after you had groped her breasts to apologize that she didn't have much there for you to work with."

"Yes."

"Ha! You love that faker?"

"No," Aries rolled his eyes. "I didn't mean it like that. Siena is just like all of the others, Aurora. Everything from how we met to the purpose she serves me is the same. Veronica is good for sex, Briley's brother is a good emergency bodyguard, and Siena is always available to be a date should I need one."

"Never call them up just because, huh? You only booty call when you need something?" Aurora scoffed.

Aries shrugged. "Yes."

What?

Aurora took a deep breath, but for some incomprehensible reason, those words just weren't registering quite right with her brain. Crazy, right? She closed her eyes and squeezed them tight. Had he really just admitted that he thought women were things with baggage to his advantage?