Chapter 43 - "Kindled Spirits."

Everything is spinning.

Logan?

No. Please. No...

Gino scoops me up into his arms. I have no tears. Not one single tear, why? Why can't I cry? What's wrong with me?

"I can get her to the hospital."
Hunter suddenly spills.

Hospital? How does he know?
Oh.

"You knew?" Gino places me down, it takes a few seconds for my legs to gather their place onto the ground.

"No.. yes. I'm sorry, Rylee. I didn't know how to.."

"You've been stood here all this time and you didn't tell me? You didn't try and prepare me for that phone call? What the fuck is wrong with you, Hunter?"
I'm livid right now, the numbness, the anger.

"Lee, what's happened?" Gino whispers. If only I could find the words. I can't.

"If you're not going to tell me at least tell me who was on the phone?"

"Logan's mom," I whisper, barely.
She's heartbroken. Absolutely fucking heartbroken. Why would he do something like this? To her? To me? To himself...
He hadn't been in contact for so long - taking time out they told me. He didn't want to be contacted, he will contact me when he's ready... I guess he never was ready. All this time I've been thinking he didn't care that much? When in actual fact he's been hurting so much ... deep inside. Holding it together for what? Me? Did he hide his feelings to protect me? So many emotions - so many questions.

"Ok - whatever it is, it's going to be ok. I promise."

"100% sure about that are you, pretty boy?" The thing about Hunter is, the jealousy inside of him can never stay buried. If he has something to say he will come out and say it, he sees me as his and that he has ownership over me. So when it comes to Gino? He fucking hates him.

They start bickering and I'm firmly in the middle of them, usually, I'd stop this - I'd make them stop. I have no energy, none at all. How can they even fight around me right now?

My phone rings - Kai.

"Hello?" I somehow manage, barely a whisper. Hunter and Gino stop immediately. Silence. Nothing but silence. Suddenly, I hear him taking deep breathes as if he's preparing a speech, wanting to say something but doesn't know how?

"I don't know what to say to you, Ry. I don't know what to do... I don't know why the fuck this has happened, I spoke to him a few hours ago he was coming home tomorrow."

He was? He was coming back... so what changed? What happened in the last few hours. My heads spinning I can't concentrate on anything. I have to see him. I need to see him.

"I want to see him, now."

"You can't, you can't go there until tomorrow. His Mom doesn't want anyone there not even you, I'm sorry."

I'm heartbroken, half of me hates her in one split second. Logan... he's a part of me - always will be. He'd want me there, wouldn't he? He'd want me with him? But the other part of me? The maternal part of me deep inside, understands. That's her baby boy. No matter how old he is, she needs this time with him. Just her and him.

"I can go tomorrow morning?" I stutter, I'm so close to tears yet they won't come - they just won't. Somethings wrong with me because I feel so fucking numb as though every single emotion is trapped inside of me.

"First thing tomorrow morning, boo. Get some sleep if you can, I love you."

Kai's his best friend, I can tell within his voice - he's broken.
I hang up the phone and stare towards Hunter, I love this man there's no doubt about that but he lied to me, he's a coward. No matter how he tries to convince me otherwise - he did the wrong thing - he stood here with me and said nothing about Logan, nothing about my whole world about to be crushed. He could have tried to prepare me for that phone call - he didn't. He didn't...
He's searching my eyes, for a clue, maybe on what I'm thinking right now. He doesn't even want to know what I'm thinking because I'm so fucking hurt by not only what's happened, but his actions. That wasn't an act of love.