Chapter 13 - Masquerade Ball

FUCK.

FUCKKKKKK.

"Sweetheart, you need to go you're gonna be late. when you are back tonight we can talk properly."

She smiles, it's not real. It's an evil smile and I mean - harsh, horrible.. evil.

She's hurt.

"Don't wait up, Daddy." She says before walking off.

I don't call after her and I don't run after her.

I hurt her.

RYLEE'S POV

When I seen my Mom. my stomach flipped because I seen the ring, I can't believe he'd make a move like that. Do I even know him at all?

Tomorrow night my Dad is back, so Tomorrow morning I'll take an earlier flight instead of the next morning one. I can't be around any of this drama any longer.

I'm silent in the car, I keep seeing Gino looking at me then looking away.

"You alright?" He finally speaks.

"No. but I will be."

"You'll be fine, you got me on you arm for the night what more could you want?"

We both laugh. I know he's just trying to lighten the mood and it works... as always.

*********************

Gino's gone to get me a drink. I look to my right and I see Logan and Hannah all over each other. I can't believe how childish he's being pushing it in my face that he was coming with her. Like he's trying to prove a point.

Gino startles me by licking my ear from behind, the idiot.

"Your drink me lady!" He jokes. what he doesn't know is that's no joke. My Lady.

Fuck I have memories everywhere.

"You OK?" He says as he's looking at them.

"I just feel.. I don't really know to be honest.. I feel betrayed? does that even make sense?"

"Of course, but the thing is Lee. Look at you then look at her. It's like a choice between Steak and Mutton.. I know which one I'd choose."

I let out a little giggle, to be honest I don't feel threatened by her in the slightest. She's not very good looking at all. It's the fact that I know he knows that... I know he's only doing this shit to wind me up.

"Dance with me?"

"What?" I laugh.

"Come on, dance with me princess."

I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist, he move slowly. Our faces are inches apart and suddenly Logan and Hunter are completely irrelevant. Gino is all I can see.

We dance, we talk, we bond. All whilst waves of electricity fly through us.

For the first time in weeks? I feel genuine happiness.

He suddenly flings me back and gives me a passionate kiss, I know he's only doing this to make them jealous. what an ass. a pretty fucking sexy sweet-tasting ass.

As he lifts me back up for air. I don't even look around to see who noticed and who didn't.

"Wow..." I pant into Gino's lips.

"Yeah.. that's what I thought too, peachy."

We both giggle, then through the ear piece we're called for.