38

Trish was more than accommodating to the girls yet again, she let them stay for as long as they wanted to which neither of them knew just how long that would be. Stella was thriving in her hometown, meeting up with old friends and getting a casual position at the small hospital down the road for Trish's. Anna was also going well in the town, she'd made friends through Trish and Stella, Julie came to visit when on a book tour and Trish freaked right out. Stella, Anna and Trish went out for dinner every Wednesday night and every Saturday Anna and Stella took Molly out for lunch, her and Bella had broken up but Molly was now with some guy that she didn't really like. It was nearing their two year anniversary and Stella brought up moving to Australia often, but Anna was genuinely happy living in the UK and didn't mind if they put it off more. She was taking a florist course at the local town hall and she felt at home with all the old British ladies that talked about the old days with an air of reminiscing. She had no clue what she really wanted to do, Stella wanted her to go into being a GP somewhere, but even though being a doctor took a long time to achieve, she didn't know if she wanted to go anywhere else with it. She thought to teach maybe but didn't tell anyone because it seemed like such a downgrade to being a doctor. After a few more months, she got a job at a florist, she loved it. Stella came in to visit and buy flowers for Anna even though she worked there, it made the girl that worked with Anna swoon at their love. Stella and Anna were around family and friends all the time in the months they were there, 8 in all. They saw Stella's nieces and nephews grow up and they grew closer with Stella's sisters, but while all this was happening Anna was growing homesick and missed her own family like mad. She knew Stella would be absolutely fine with moving to Australia, but she felt bad bringing it up, especially since Stella seemed so happy.  

They walked hand in hand down the street, leaves blowing across their path in front of them and children in the parking playing behind them could be heard in the wind. Anna leant against Stella's shoulder as they walked, her head close to her's and laughing at a joke she just told. Stella was listening to her with a big grin on her face, she was happy, really happy and she couldn't explain how and why she just was. Anna squeezed her hand and pulled her to the park bench they were getting close to. They sat down close to each other, Anna rubbing Stella's hand softly and looking lovingly into her eyes that she loved so much. 

"Hey, so I've been thinking," she began and stopped. 

"What?" Stella asked and smiled.

"Well, you know our Australia plan?" Anna asked quietly. 

"Yeah," Stella said slowly, still smiling.

"Could we... could we go there soon, I miss home."

Stella was quiet, she was thinking about her life here, but she was thinking about how much she loved Australia and the people there. 

"I understand if you want to stay here longer, but I need to go home soon," Anna added.

"Of course! No, we can go whenever!" Stella said quickly.

"Serious?" Anna's eyes lit up.

"I'm serious, I would go tommorrow."

"I love you," Anna whispered and kissed her.

"One condition; marry me?"