15

Stella had made fresh coffee and was sitting down in her lounge room with a cup, Anna was still upstairs in bed. They'd one more week until they had holidays and even though they hadn't discussed anything, they both assumed they'd spend it together as Anna's parents were leaving America during the week and Stella's own parents lived overseas, plus they didn't get along. Stella grew up in high, middle-class London, both parents were strict and demanding of Stella and her sisters, taking out their unhappiness with each other on their kids and making them forget that they were children. When Stella's friends were out having fun, Stella was inside learning the piano or doing homework, her childhood was bleak and ruined, she grew sick of the glorification of childhood days, but only because she didn't get to have them. She ran away from home and to her crazy Aunty's house who welcomed her with wide arms and kind words. Finally, Stella understood why everyone loved their childhood, she was 14 when she ran off and even though she missed quite a lot of being a kid, she squeezed in a lot of trouble and adventure in five years. She went from being reserved and having her opinion shunned, to staying up late in town and getting into fights standing up for her argument, she would have made a good lawyer if she didn't get tongue-tied when passionate. Living with her Aunty was a blessing when she started discovering her sexuality, while gays weren't directly hated on her parent's house, there was stigma and who knew how they would react, but her Aunty was fine with it and her friend's daughter was Stella's first kiss. While Stella had told Anna all of this, she hadn't mentioned how much she wished that her parents didn't affect her like they did. Because she ran off she ended up rarely seeing her siblings and they were quite annoyed at the time that she'd seem to have forgotten her obligations as the eldest to look out for them. 

"Hey." Anna had woken and snaked her arms around Stella's neck, kissing her cheek before standing in front of the heater. She was wearing Stella's clothes because she'd 'forgotten' her own. She really just liked her smell, she couldn't get close enough to it.

"Hi." Stella smiled up at Anna, she'd come into her life in good timing. She'd been lonely for a while, but putting off asking anyone out, half hoping that maybe Anna would one day stop in the middle of the hallway, snap out of the daydream she seemed to constantly be living and realise that Stella was right in front of her.

"Where are we... Where are we going?" Anna yawned, stretching to reveal her tanned stomach.

"We don't have to go anywhere, I think it might snow later." Anna sat down beside Stella, practically on top of her and stared out the window. "What are you thinking about?" Stella asked, looking at the side of Anna's face.

"I don't know if I can do it."

"Do what?" Stella said in surprise, they hadn't been discussing anything.

"Tell my parents."

"Oh."

They'd mentioned Anna telling her parents about Stella a couple of times, but they never set a date, although she wanted to do it in person.

"I don't care if they disown me, I mean, sort of. But, I really don't have the energy to go through a big ordeal."

Stella smiled, she herself had only had to tell her Aunty (who had probably experimented before) in an official way when she was younger, but she hadn't forgotten how nervous she felt before. 

"I'm sure everything will pan out, and if they don't, it doesn't matter, they're moving back to Australia."

Anna leant back and nestled into Stella's chest, things seemed so doable when she was this close to her. 

"Yeah, maybe." Anna kept looking out the window, hoping that the snow would come and make them stay indoors so she didn't have to go home and cook dinner for her mum and dad. She purposely made it a Sunday so they had to leave early because of sleep routine for the next big week. "Can you come?" Anna asked quietly, she hadn't planned on Stella being there but she now she was nervous because it was only a couple hours away.

"If you want me there," Stella obliged.

Anna nodded and turned to face her.

"I love you," she said and kissed her cheek.

"Me, too."

Anna started to kiss her lips, moving her body so she sat in Stella's lap and looking down at her.

"You know, we still have ages," she smirked into Stella's lips.

"Hours," Stella added and started to tug up her shirt.

"Remember our first time?" Anna said, lying beside Stella on the couch, trying not to move because they'd slip off. "God, I was so nervous."

"What?" laughed Stella. "Why?"

"Because..." Anna trailed off in embarrassment. 

"Because?"

"Because I'd only ever kissed girls, I'd never gone the whole way."

"Well, you were fine, better now of course, but you were up to scratch."

"I didn't know when to make a move, I practically couldn't keep my hands off you any longer, but the way you acted it was as if you had chastity vows."

Stella laughed, thinking about how anxious she was whenever she was around Anna in the early days, she still was, but it was a good nervous.

"I wasn't that bad, I was shy."

"Not when I finally got you into bed."

They smiled at the memory. They were at a fancy restaurant with two older doctors, Stella was nearly bored to tears and so was Anna, until she turned unusally peaky and Stella could feel a hand slid up the inside of her thigh. She had to clench the table to make herself not gasp and when she got the chance she swatted Anna's hand away. Anna then made a big scene in leaving for the bathroom and implied that she would need a hand with zipping up her dress, the son of the doctor made to stand up, thinking he'd wait outside the door but Anna smiled at him and Stella left with her, actually thinking that Anna only needed help with a zip. As soon as they made it to the bathroom, they started to make out again a wall, Anna becoming more and more aggressive the longer that Stella stood there with clothes on. They were nearly caught by an old lady and when they decided it was too risky in the bathroom, they said goodbye to their table and went back to Stella's. Neither one would forget that night in a hurry.

I know this chapter is shit and not much happens but I'm trying to keep it going and sometimes it feels as if I've forgotten to put my brain in when I write. Thanks to everyone that votes and comments, it means a lot and I read thinking I'll reply, but I'm awkward and a nervous person. 

- Temple