35

Ive fucked the timeline but just close your eyes and imagine everythings ok, ok? 

Anna woke up one day and rolled over onto her side, she opened her eyes and saw Stella looking down at her. She gasped, her heart pounding at the fright.

"Jesus Christ!" she muttered.

Stella smiled down at her and kissed her deeply. "Do you know what day it is?" 

"Friday," Anna said uncertainly.

"Yeah, but more than that?"

Anna thought. There was nothing different about this Friday to any of the other ones she'd had in London in the last two months, they'd been uneventful, but fun, like all the days of the week. "It's only a week till we go back to America?" she guessed slowly.

Stella rolled her eyes and sighed. "It's our year anniversary, we've been together for a year!" 

Anna's face broke into a big grin and she pulled down Stella's head to kiss her again, feeling stupid that she'd forgotten. "Happy anniversary," she whispered in her mouth.

Stella pulled away and crawl on top of Anna, sitting on her hips and pinning her arms above her head. "You know, you're really going to have to pay for not remembering," she whispered in a dark tone that made Anna lose her mind. 

"I don't mind."

Stella swooped down on Anna's lips and kissed her firmly, sucking on her lip before pulling away once more and looking back down at her. "You should mind, you've been really bad."

Anna giggled and tried to move her arms above her head to flip Stella onto her back, but she was pinned down and was getting turned on by how dominating Stella was being. "We've got half an hour before Molly comes over with her girlfriend, and in fifteen minutes Trish will probably wake us to get us ready for them."

"Did I ask for a rundown? You just be quiet." Stella bent down and kissed Anna all along her jaw and down her neck. 

Anna gasped and clenched her teeth in pleasure, she felt so turned on that she thought she might burst. Stella let go of Anna's hands and they made their way down the blankets and up Anna's shirt, just as they were about to grope Anna's chest the door flew open and Stella rolled off Anna quickly, landing on the ground and cursing loudly.

"Oh!" Trish exclaimed in shock. "Sorry, girls." She quickly closed the door and they could both hear her rapid breathing on the other side, Stella sat on the ground with a hand on her back waiting for Trish's feet to shuffle off and when she did, they both burst into laughter. Stella got up and sat down on her childhood bed. 

"Maybe later."

"Not going to say I told you so."

They piled into Trish's car at 12, Stella in the driver's seat with sunglasses on and her hair down, she looked really good and Anna could hardly keep her hands off her. Molly and her girlfriend sat in the backseat, holding hands and giggling at nothing in particular. They listened to Stella and Anna talking softly in the front seat, pretending not to see Anna creep her hand up Stella's thigh and pretending not to feel the car jerk when Stella realised her hand was that far up her leg. 

"What'd you get on your exams, Bella?" Anna asked after the whole Stella thing, turning around in her seat to look at Bella.

The girl fidgetted under Anna's gaze, she was so uncomfortable around her because she was so pretty and nice. "I passed," she said tensely.

"She got the highest grade in the school," Molly told Anna and Stella.

Stella raised her eyebrows in the revision mirror. "Serious? What'd you want to be?"

"Stella also got the top in her class, according to Mum," Molly informed Bella and Anna. 

"Did she now?" Anna teased, turning around and smirking at Stella.

"You probably did too," Stella said in defence. 

"No, I didn't, my best friend did, I cheated off her."

"I don't even want to ask why you thought to be a doctor after cheating to get that score was a good idea," Molly muttered. 

Anna turned back around and smiled at Bella. "So, what do you want to be?"

"Um, I haven't really thought about it, I have a couple more years."

"Yeah, of course. In Australia they force you to make decisions around this time,  I mean I transferred into the medical course a year before graduating high school. Take your time." Anna turned back around and watched the road and the cafes they drove past.

Bella smiled at the back of her and Molly teased her for having a crush on her aunt's girlfriend by nudging her in the ribs. 

Their lunch plates had been cleared away and now in front of them were big mugs of tea and hot chocolate. Stella was looking out the window at the weather that was turning cold as summer left them. She'd been home for about three months, she was closer then she'd ever been with her sisters and her sister's daughter made Stella love being home even more. She loved waking up and seeing Trish, then ringing her sister and catching up and then picking Molly or another niece or nephew, she loved being in London with Anna. They'd been around the city finding different places and eating at expensive places that Stella'd never been to when she was a med student and couldn't afford anything, now she was a doctor and so was Anna and together they had a fair bit of money, especially with all the money that Stella's family had left to her in wills during her life. Although Stella liked being in the UK, she felt that she'd be happy wherever she was with Anna and she was scared to feel this way, she'd never felt this way about anyone and she was also scared because she didn't know if these feelings went both ways. 

"I wish you weren't going back to America," Molly said after stopping giggling. 

Anna smiled at her. "Stella's got to go back to work."

"Why can't you work somewhere here?"

Stella looked back in from the window. "Because my job is waiting back in America. America is really cool, you should come and visit with your mum and dad one day."

"As if they'd do that," Molly said and rolled her eyes.

Stella smiled and looked down at her hands, she couldn't bebother arguing with Molly and her strong opinions, they were too alike and could sit and argue one point for two hours. 

"We might be back soon, though," Anna said lightly.

"Might we?" Stella said it was the first she heard about this. 

"We may."

Stella smiled at her. 

"When do you fly out then?" Bella asked, hoping that she'd manage to get in another visit before they left. 

"Wednesday."

"Oh," she said sadly, knowing that she wouldn't be able to fit anything in. "Do you two live together."

"No," Stella and Anna said together.

"Do you want to?" MOlly asked.

They looked at each other, they hadn't discussed it really. They'd been together for the what seemed like ages, living apart would be weird now, but it'd never come up in discussion even though family and friends asked them weekly. 

"I mean," Stella begun.

"She smells," Anna teased.

"Be serious!" Molly said after laughing a little.

"We haven't spoken about it," Stella said. "Alright, let's go."

They got up and left the cafe, Stella holding Anna's hand and thinking about what would happen when they went back to America, who would live where?