ONE

ELENA

"Oh my God! It's Elena Falls!"

Oh great. Here we go again.

"UGH! She thinks she's so hot!"

"Because she is!"

As I step into school, all eyes are on me. I'm used to the attention by now and I love being in the spotlight. There's nothing more that satisfies me more than blessing my classmates with my good looks.

"Looking good, Elena!" A boy catcalled me, blocking my locker with his friends behind him.

The only problem was the boys who only thought with their dicks.

"Get away from my locker, dickheads."

"So aggressive!" One of them purred.

"I'm giving you five seconds," I glared at them. Their faces went pale before they scurried off. Good riddance.

"I see you're busy shooing off the guys again," I turned to the voice of my childhood best friend, Carmen. She had a smirk on her face, watching the boys running off with their tail between their legs.

"You know how much I hate the boys in this school," I sighed. "They all give me the ick."

"It's all because of that stupid ex of yours," Carmen crossed her arms, dark green eyes glaring from under her black curly bangs. "I swear! Once I get my hands on him, it's over!"

To make a long story short, I found out at the beginning of summer that he ran his lips about our first time together. Sure, I wouldn't care if it was just that. Yet, he spread rumors about how I was "so easy and would give it up to anyone". He transferred schools after that nevertheless, the lies about me followed me into my Senior year.

Halfway through the school year now and the whole student body already has their impressions on me. I wanted to transfer schools too from how unbearable the rumors were but, ultimately decided not to in the end.

So now, I deal with thirsty ass boys thinking I owe them something and spiteful bitches calling me all kinds of names. High School Musical lied to me.

"Sorry," Carmen said with a sheepish smile. "I know you hate when people bring him up."

"It's fine." I shrugged. "Over it."

"Lena! Carmen!" My cousins, Kireah and Emma greeted us. Kireah pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "Did you girls hear?!"

"Hear about what?" Carmen asked.

"There's a party tonight," Emma announced, making Kireah frown from stealing the chance to say the news.

My ears perked up. "I'm in!"

Carmen giggled. "You didn't even hear who was throwing it."

"Doesn't matter," I smirked. "A party is a party."

The bell rang making students rush to their classes. "See you girls at lunch?" Kireah asked. We all nodded as Carmen and Kireah started heading to their classes. Emma held back, staring at me suspiciously. "Are you coming to class today?"

"Nope! I have other plans today."

She sighed. "Are you skipping again?"

"You already know it!"

Emma raised a thin brow but, quickly shook her head. "You're so reckless."

"I know!"

***

The first period was Calculus and I hated Calculus. The teacher, Mr. Franklin taught my parents and always kept comparing me to them. Sure I wasn't as smart as them or my twin brother but, he didn't have to bring it up every time I answered wrong.