EIGHT

a/n: wish she would release this song so i can add it to the dare playlist :'(

I skipped in the halls through the halls, getting weird glances left and right. I didn't care though. Nothing could break my spirits today. From now on, I was Graham-free. And even better I didn't need to lift a finger!

This weird arranged marriage thing and Willow's jealousy helped me out big time.

I barely slept since I was so excited, thinking about my newfound freedom. There were so many things I could do now. Like skip class and hang out on the track field, maybe egg Principal Brynes' car with the eggs from the cafeteria, or TP the whole campus!

I paused from skipping before pulling out my phone to write that final idea in my notes.

I surprised myself with my evil plans.

"Ah! There you are, Miss. Falls." I lifted my head from my phone to make eye contact with Mr. James. He wore a smile on his face... the one that he always gave me when he had good news. "Good morning, can we talk in my office? I wanted to talk to you about-"

I raised my hand, stopping him from finishing his sentence. "Don't worry. I already know what you have to share with me."

His eyebrows shot up. "Know what?"

"Don't be so modest, Mr. James," I smirked. "About Graham not being my student supervisor anymore."

His face didn't shift from its confused look. "No, why would I do that?"

"But..." Mr. James placed his hand on my shoulder and guided us closer to the wall as a group of chattering students passed through. I carried on. "I thought Willow got Principal Brynes to discontinue it."

"Not that I heard of," Mr. James placed his hand on his short stubbled chin. "Principal Brynes would've told me considering we had a staff meeting earlier this morning."

My shoulder slouched and my cheerful spirits were gone as they spiraled down the drain of misery. Maybe Willow hasn't talked to Principal Brynes yet. Yeah, that had to be it.

"I was going to tell you about your grades," Mr. James said. "They've improved a lot since we assigned Graham as your student supervisor. I wanted to thank you for-"

"Excuse me," I murmured, brushing past Mr. James. He called for me but, I ignored him, heading to the bathroom where Willow and her lackeys always were.

I slammed the bathroom door open, the heavy door ricocheting off the wall, echoing through the room. A girl yelped, jumping back from the running sink. Willow and her minions gaped at me from their corner in shock. "What the hell, Elena?" Willow said in disbelief.

"I thought you said you would talk to your grandfather?" I asked.

She sighed, bringing her attention to her phone. The urge to slap it out of her hand ate away at me but, I took a deep breath. "Well?"

"Leave her alone," one of her minions spoke up, and I glared at them. She quickly shrunk back with the rest of them.

"I couldn't..." Willow muttered lowly, her phone sinking to her side. She finally looked up at me, tears welling in her eyes. "I couldn't do it because it's all over. Everything is over!"