SIX

a/n: need the interwebs to see the pics!! i think!! idk somebody tell me if you need it :'D i feel like i've been wrong all this timeee

ELENA

A few weeks later...

"Elena, I asked for cabbage."

I tilted my head, staring at the vegetable in my hands. "Is this not it?"

My Mom let out a heavy sigh, shaking her head. "No, that's cabbage, niña (child)."

"I told you!" Maxwell exclaimed and I shot a glare down at him. Yet, he smirked. "I won the bet so I better get my chocolate after this!"

"Shush," I rolled my eyes, turning back to our concerned mother. "Well, can't this work?"

"No. Please go and get it." She said, placing canned beans into the shopping cart. "Oh! And get the brussels sprouts too!"

I grimaced. "Ew. Do we have to have that?"

"Elena, please. I don't want to be in the store all day."

I sighed, heading back to the front of the store. The whole way there my legs wobbled in fatigue and there was only one person to blame.

It's been a couple of weeks since Graham became my student supervisor. And it's been nothing but, hell. Whenever I tried to rebel and try to skip class, he'd find some punishment for me. Throughout the past few weeks, I've cleaned the trash off campus with my bare hands and cleaned the dirtiest toilet known to mankind, and yesterday, I had to do 50 push-ups and 50 sit-ups.

Thankfully, it was spring break which was ending soon. Nonetheless, my week-long break was my saving grace as I got to relax in the comfort of my room. At least that's what I would be doing if my mother hadn't dragged me out to go the grocery store with her and Maxwell.

"Oh shit! Is that Elena?"

My ears perked up but, I kept staring at the shelf. The voice sounded familiar. I was hoping that it wasn't someone from school. I only had on my duck pajama pants and a blue tank top that sure did not match. I had my glasses and pimple patches on. I couldn't be caught outside like this.

I took a deep breath, grabbed the cabbage, and placed it into a plastic bag.

Maybe they were talking about some other Elena. That had to be it.

"That is her!" Another guy said.

Please don't be talking about me...

"No, it's not."

Please don't be talking about me.

"Dude, that is her. Look at that ass!"

Yep, they are talking about me.

Heavy footsteps came closer, the shoes skidding the marbled tiles. Each step filled dread in the pit of my stomach. I grabbed the package of brussels sprouts and turned on my heel to run but, a hand on my shoulder stopped me.

I turned around to glare at the dumbass who dared to lay a finger on me.

"Batman?" My eyes widened in shock.

Though he wore sunglasses, from his side profile, I could see Graham's glare aimed at the group of boys that looked like they were about to piss themselves.