FIVE

ELENA

"Look who has finally decided to attend one of my classes for once," Mr. Franklin announced as I walked into the dimly lit classroom.

I smiled. "Trust me, I wouldn't be caught dead in here."

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he tried to understand the reason behind my words. The door opening answered his question as the whole class erupted into chatter.

"Oh my gosh! It's Graham!"

"I'm so glad I took this lame class!"

"Hi, Graham!" A girl stood up from his seat, waving at him sporadically as if she were at a concert trying to get his attention from the crowd.

Yet, it was all in vain as Graham ignored it all and handed Mr. Franklin our late slips. "Oh right." The old man mumbled to himself as he skimmed the contents of the pink paper. "I forgot Mr. James was doing that student supervisor thing today." He tucked them into his pocket before aiming a glare at me. "I expect no disturbances in my classroom, Miss. Falls."

"No promises," I saluted him.

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree," He sighed. "Just have a seat."

I walked to the back of the classroom to sit next to Emma. Mr. Franklin clapped his hands to draw the attention back to the PowerPoint slide. It didn't stop one of Willow's minions from boring holes into my head with her glare.

Yep, today is the worst.

"I can't believe you came to class," Emma whispered.

"I didn't have much of a choice," I nodded my head to Graham as he sat down at the empty desk on the other side of us. "But, where were you this morning?" I asked.

"Something came up but, I'll tell you later," She pushed her glasses further up her nose. "What's with Graham?"

A sudden loud tap on my desk made me jump but, I relaxed my shoulders as I realized it was only Graham. He nodded to the front of the class before mouthing "Pay attention".

I rolled my eyes, turning back to Emma. "I guess we both have something to tell later."

She pouted. "I hate suspense..."

"Me too."

The loud bell finally indicated that this boring ass class was finally over.

"Can you tell me now?" Emma asked eagerly as we walked out into the hall.

Her blue eyes sparkled with anticipation. I peered over my shoulder. Graham trailed a few steps behind us.

I sighed. "Mr. James assigned this asshole to be my 'student supervisor'." I finished with air quotes.

She raised her eyebrow in confusion. "What is that?"

"A babysitter."

Emma placed her hand on her chin. "I mean... it doesn't sound too bad to me."

"Be serious for a moment, Em."

"Come on!" She stopped walking, making me stop as she leaned in closer. "Take advantage of this!"

I narrowed my eyes at the smirk coming across her face. "...take advantage of what?"

"Uh hello?" She said in bewilderment. "You're stuck with the hot new guy! It's fate saying that you two are meant for each other!"