TWO

ELENA

By the time Mr. James had finally let me go, it was lunchtime. It was then that I heard all the gossip about Graham Salgado. Constant praises about how hot he was and there was a girl who fainted when he looked at her. It was ridiculous!

How can people still like this asshole? He's rude and from what I've heard, he barely uttered a word to anyone and kept his distance. Yet, everyone still admired him from afar.

I would've preferred if Mr. James kept me in his office for the entire day. I wanted to escape this madness.

Right now, I was telling the girls about what happened with Graham in Mr. James' office as we ate our usual lunch table. 

"So..." Carmen placed a finger on her chin. "What I'm hearing is that you have a crush on Graham?"

"I just ranted about how much I don't like him and you say I have a crush on him?!" I exclaim in disbelief.

Kireah and Emma laugh while Carmen gives me an innocent smile. "What? You rambled about your ex about how you didn't like him and then you two got together!"

"He has nothing to do with this," I rolled my eyes. "I seriously need to rethink who my sister-in-law should be."

Carmen gasped. "Hey!"

"Anyways," Kireah began. She took a bite of her pizza, talking with her mouth full. "I think it's cool that we have a celebrity going to our school."

Emma handed Kireah a napkin. "Yes but, why Harrison? It's like the most boring school ever."

Suddenly, there was an abundance of screams from the entrance of the cafeteria. A bunch of girls were all flocking around Graham as he entered the double doors of the cafeteria. His presence was so strong that it was impossible to ignore him. However, I was going to. His good looks weren't going to hypnotize me again.

Unfortunately, my friends were all still staring, mouths slightly ajar. 

Great. He's got to them now.

"Um, why did you leave out the part where he was fucking hot?!" Emma shouted.

I rolled my eyes. "Because he's not."

Kireah snorted. "Liar. We've got to hook the two of you up."

"What?"

Carmen clasped her hands together. "That's such a good idea, Kireah! You're so smart."

Kireah flipped her braids over her shoulder. "Thanks. I know."

"What part of 'I hate him' do we not understand?" I asked.

"What if you guys become high school sweethearts like your parents?" Emma said gleefully.

"No."

"Positively yes!" Kireah exclaimed before she shook me. I pushed her arms off of me but, that didn't seize her excitement. "Let's come up with a plan, girls!"

"I hate my life," I groaned, hitting my head on the table as they droned on and on about Graham and me.

***

I skipped out the doors of this dreadful school as the day was finally over! The fresh non-school air filled my nose and I wanted nothing more than to go home and sleep.