Chapter 4

I wake up to the sound of myself screaming. I sit up and try to forget the memories that just barely flooded through me. I curl around  myself in one of the corners of the cage. After a few moments I can force myself to stop screaming. I am still shaking and my breathing is still labored but better than me possibly waking anyone up.

As I sit there finally calming down I hear a clap of thunder outside. I squeeze my eyes shut trying to stop the inevitable stab of memories that the sound brings. I begin to shake again as it claps again. It goes quiet and I let out a breath of relief.

Seconds later a thunderous boom resonates through the room. I scream as the memories of pain and violation flash before my eyes as vividly as though it was happening again. I force my mouth to close and try to start the calm down process again.

Despite my best efforts everytime it claps I whimper and flinch. As the storm winds up again getting louder and louder I hear the tell tale creak of my cage opening. My head whips up toward the opening. All I can see is a giant shadow duck inside.

I pull myself closer and try even harder to calm down. I am too vulnerable to protect myself and I can't leave myself this open.

As the sky crashes again I fight against screaming but despite my efforts a whimper escapes.

Remembering I am no longer alone in the cage my head whips up to see what the shadow is doing. All I can see is it sitting seemingly staring at me.

I try to pull further away from it. Just as another clap sounds I was too focused on moving away to suppress my scream. I bent over and held my ears, beginning to cry. The memories won't go away. Out of the corner of my eye I see the shadow shifting toward me. I can't move any further away so I stay put.

After a few moments a dim light turns on and the shadow is illuminated. It's Ryan.

He reaches toward me as I watch him. I flinch my “training”going out the window in the wake of the storm.

He, however , doesn't pull back but keeps reaching for me. I force myself to stay still afraid he's going to hit me for flinching or possibly for waking him up or any of a million other reasons.

Instead of hitting me he places his hand on the side of my neck and using his thumb gently pushes my chin up. Knowing he can now feel both my breathing and my heartbeat I try my darndest to stop hyperventilating and to slow my racing heart.

I am so sorry for not updating for so long but the end of school was ridiculously hectic and I had other issues occuring now that it's summer I'll update more...hopefully. As long as I end up with some WiFi access I will update I swear.