Chapter One;Alexander POV

A L E X A N D E R

There he was. My boyfriend of 5 years. In bed with another guy. He turned around to look at me and gasped, “L-Lex! I-It's not what you think-” “What the fuck (Richard) Charles?! How is it not what I think?! Your over here sucking off Burr.” I looked over at Burr who had a smug face. I thought Burr was my friend but apparently not.

“Fuck both of you. I'll be back to get my stuff tomorrow,” I growled and began walking out but Lee stopped me. I glared at him as he held a tight grip on my wrist. I struggled to break loose.

“No.” “No? You can't control me Charles.” I yelled and pushed him away causing him to loosen his grip and I could leave. “I-...I love you Alexander.” “Tell that to Burr, prick,” I spat and left the house. I went to the one place I could. I walked to John Laurens’ house. My knuckle hit the door softly but just enough to make him hear. The door opened and there stood my freckled friend. “Alexander? What’s up? Are you okay?” I shook my head as he pulled me inside. I had just now realized I was crying and swiftly wipe away my tears.

“Lee, h-he...I went home and there I saw him...with Burr..” I sighed and sat down on his couch. “Why can’t a guy love me without cheating on me?” I asked myself and held my head. John cleared his throat. “If it makes you feel any better, I think you're pretty great.” John sat down next to me and held my hands smiling lightly at me. I laughed a bit as he wiped away the tears that remained on my face. “There’s the adorable guy I know.” His smile grew more as my face flushed red. “I’m not adorable…” I protested as he shook his head. “Yes you are~”

That was Junior year. John and I have been happily dating for more than a year now. He helped me through thick and thin. He was the love of my life. Today we start college. I prayed that I got him or Gilbert. “Okay, okay! But only if you run into Laf’s first class in two days and yell, ‘What up bitches!’” He frowned before looking over at Lafayette who was talking to herc, “Laf what’s your first class for the school year?” “French.” “French?” “Oui.” I laughed as John nodded and I could SEE him make a mental note of it.

We started walking to try and found our dorms but some asshole pushed past me. “Watch where you're going dickhead.” I growled as the man stopped and looked back at me. He had purple eyes and a whole lot of hair. He was wearing mostly magenta. “Sorry, I couldn’t hear you down there.” He walked over and started towering over me.

“Thomas, be nice to him frère.” “Laffy!” Thomas yelled and ran over to our gilbert. “Comment avez-vous été?” “I’ve been good. Monticello has been boring ever since you left. How have you been?” This prick knew french. But did he know spanish. “¿Este pendejo sabe español?” I asked John. “I don’t think so. Thomas only knows french and english?” I smirked. “Good.” “Odio a ese idiota y apenas lo conocimos.” I spoke making John giggle slightly. “Why is he laughing?” “He doesn’t like you very much.” Thomas rolled his eyes. “Hey, I’ll see you around, alright?” thomas asked and moved past us, shoving me into John slightly. “Fucker!” I yelled and I was beyond pissed at this point. Lafayette sighed. “You hate him-” “Of course! He pushed me for no reason-” “He’s not a bad guy!” I sighed. “Laf, look, I’m sorry but he just seems so rude and ignorant. He might like you but he sure as hell hates me.” “Don’t say that mon ami. He’s probably just mad about something else.” “Or he’s just a prick.” I watched as Hercules walked over and whispered something to Lafayette which made him smile. “Yes!” He yelled. “What? What happened-¿Que paso?” I asked as Lafayette giggled a bit.

“I know your roommates.” Hercules smirked at me and I didn’t like it one bit. “Is John my roommate?” He shook his head. “Then...what?” I asked. “John, your roommate is actually pretty nice and calm. Alex…yours is the exact opposite. Loud, hot headed, he’s as smart as you.” “so basically my roommate is me?...just...what?” I was still confused. “Oh. Oh!” John gasped in realization. “It isn’t-” Laf nodded making John shake his head. “I give it a week before you find him dead.” Laf scowled and punched John’s arm playfully making John laugh.