I Do

A/N: This chapter is specifically for @_yaoi_shit for all the comments and votes. Plus, for commenting and asking for a wedding scene of SugAki. So, this one's for you, my lovely cookie! Hope you all enjoy! Try not to cry, although I failed. T^T

Nerves tangle together in my stomach. I try to mask the shaking in my hands, but it's nearly impossible. I feel like I've waited for this day my entire life. Yet, now that it's here, I can barely breathe. I can't believe it's actually happening. I can't believe this is real. It took a long time, but we finally managed to kill all the demons that were here. More might come, I don't know, but that doesn't matter. They're gone for now and I'm happier than I've ever been. I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for my friends, my father, and my love. I still have nightmares occasionally, but Suguru helps me through that. I'm so grateful for him. And today....today he'll be mine, forever. 

"Would you stop squirming?" Emiko giggles. "You're making me nervous. I don't want to mess up your hair."

"Sorry. It's just..." I trail off, unsure of what I feel.

"I get it. I felt the same way." Her ring catches the light and she grins. "Genjiro was a complete mess, too. It's natural. Once you see Su at the alter, all your nerves will disappear."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely! So, just take a few deep breaths. You'll be fine." She smiles again, continuing to fix my hair. "You're doing a lot better than I did. Remember when I burst into tears?"

I chuckle. "Yeah. You smeared your mascara everywhere, which only made you cry harder."

She scratches her cheek sheepishly. "Hee-hee. Yeah. It was pretty embarrassing. But it all worked out okay."

"Yup. I fixed your make-up, cheered you up, and you got married."

"And it was the happiest day of my life. There's nothing like your wedding day. It's...magical."

I laugh. "Says the one who practically uses magic to kill demons."

"True. But still. There's no other word to describe the feeling. Just breathe."

I take a deep breath, closing my eyes, and let it out. "Thanks. I feel much better already."

"There. All done." She steps back and I stand. I move to the mirror and glance at myself. I'm wearing a white suit with a bowtie and a blue handkerchief in the pocket. I also have a bluebonnet pinned to my suit. My hair is twisted into some strange shape that Emiko deems good enough. We decided to go with blue accents. In my hair, Emiko has put these fancy blue combs in it to hold it. Yoji showed up yesterday with them in a little wooden box. He said they were my mother's and she wore them on her wedding day. I cried a lot, to be honest. I didn't know there was anything left from her. Seeing myself in the mirror, I tear up. This is it.  I meet Emiko's eyes in the reflection. She's trying to stop the flood, but she's failing. I turn around and she's hastily wiping under her eyes.

"Dang it! Not again!" 

I chuckle, moving over to her. "You better stop that. You're messing up your make-up again."

"I can't help it! I'm so happy." She smiles the brightest grin I've ever seen on her face. "We're all getting our forevers. Nothing could make me happier than that."

"I feel the same way. I...never thought I'd be here. After everything that's happened, I never thought I deserved a happily ever after."

"Don't say that. You deserve everything, Aki. And you're getting it. No matter what happened, you kept yourself. You didn't let them win. You saved so many people. You're nothing like him. You're a hero."