Disobeying

A/N: I imagine this song playing during the fight scene. If you don't know it, it's a really good song. You should listen to it, it goes along pretty well with this entire chapter and it's just a good song to know. Also, I wish I could play my violin like that! ;P Enjoy, my lovely cookies!

Two more years pass by. I've forgotten my promise to Emiko and Suguru. My revenge has pushed the memory from my mind. If I wasn't so preoccupied, I might feel bad about it. I still have their picture, but I haven't looked at it in ages. I've become even closer to the Headmaster, although showing him a fake personality all the time is getting to me. I'm starting to become what he wants me to be and I have no control over it.

That is, until one certain day. It starts out as a normal day with my usual routine. But, something changes. I'm outside, practicing, when there's something in the air. Something sinister. I feel the essence of a demon, but not just one. I feel hundreds gathered in one place and they're of all levels -even the highest strength. Along with that, I feel the presence of Warriors. Some that are familiar to me. Suguru, Yoji, and Emiko. My friends are fighting. My body moves on its own. 

Before I know it, I'm leaping the fence of Nishimura Academy. I know the Headmaster will be aware of my escape soon. Then, he'll come after me. Well, he'll have to catch me first. My friends are more important right now. They're in trouble and I have to help them, no matter what. That's when my promise returns to me. Guilt floods through my system. How could I have been so stupid, so selfish? I shake the thoughts away. What matters most right now is that I save them. Then, I can let the guilt take over.

When I reach the battlefield, it's total chaos. There's more demons then I've ever seen. The Warriors are retreating now, except for one. Upon closer inspection, I realize it's Suguru and he's injured. His leg is busted and he can't walk. Emiko's struggling against Yoji, trying to go to her friend's aide. They're so old now. Then again, it's been four years since I last saw them. I quickly enter my Form and, in the blink of an eye, I'm in front of Suguru. My blade blocks the blow from a demon.

"Checkmate," I say. I'm sure Suguru knows it's me now. Each person has a finishing phrase they say in their Form when destroying a demon. I leap into the air to dodge its next attack. As I come down, I hold my sword out in front of me. The blade cuts the demon clean in half as I land in a crouch. Then, it turns to ash. I turn around, seeing all the demons left.

A demon of the highest level is going after the others, who're still trying to retreat. I hold my sword out to the side and charge. I try to aim for its weak spot, but it feels me coming. It moves to the side at the last second and I clip its' shoulder. I spin in midair so I land on my feet. My kimono whips around my body as my essence strengthens. 

It shoots its essence at me and I bring up my Weapon. Its' essence is strong and I struggle to hold it off. Finally, my Weapon splits the oily blackness. The power smashes into the ground, leaving dents in the earth there. I lunge for its heart again, but it hits me in the air. I slam into the ground, bouncing off only to hit again. On the third bounce, I gain my feet and slide to a stop. I stand up slowly. I hold my sword in front of my face, closing my eyes. 

It swipes at me, but I leap onto its arm. I run up it and it tries to shake me off. I jump onto its other arm. It slashes at me and hits itself as I land on its head. It reaches for me again, a roar of pain and anger leaving it. I leap back onto its arm and drag my blade across its chest. Then, with my blade perpendicular to it, I shove off from its arm and pierce its weak spot. It turns to ash and I land softly. I glance around me. The other Warriors are still fighting, but they're losing strength.

I hold my left arm up, palm out. I close my eyes, gathering my essence. The demons stop fighting and face me. The red glow around me intensifies until it's nearly blinding. The demons try to escape, but they hit an invisible wall. No matter where they turn, they hit it. I've boxed them in. I let loose a scream of fury as my power shoots outward from me. The shockwave of red hits the demons, burning them where they stand. When they're nothing but ash, my essence returns to my body. My Weapon disappears and the glow fades to nothing.

I walk back over to Suguru. After these two years, my hair has grow slightly, although the Headmaster keeps trying to cut it. I put it off until he forces me, though. However, it's long enough now that I have the tie in it again. I hold my hand out to him. His face shows shock and confusion, as well as anger. I can understand that. Luckily, he does take my hand and I help him up. I toss his arm over my shoulders and we make our way to the rest.

"AKIHITO!" Emiko screams happily. I let Suguru go, since his leg doesn't seem that bad. It's just got a slice on it, from what I can see. Emiko throws her arms around me and I stiffen. Thoughtlessly, I shove her off and step back. I haven't been hugged by someone in so long. She look confused and hurt, but Yoji walks up then.

He smiles sadly at me. "Akihito. It's been a long time."

"Yeah, it has," Suguru spits. "Why?"

I stare at him for a second before turning to Yoji. "We need to get back so the injured can be treated."

"Yes, we do. Come on, everyone!" He shouts. I vaguely see Genjiro and his friends standing around. I certainly didn't miss him. It's so weird being back at Akabane Academy. I'm not the same person I was when I left. I'm just a shadow of the Akihito that grew up here. I'm just a shadow of my former self.