Revenge

A/N: I imagined this song when I wrote the chapter. It's a pretty good song if you don't already know it. I hope you see that it goes really well with what the chapter's about.

Finally, it's time to start phase two. It wasn't hard for me to sneak back into the academy. After all, I have escaped it several times now. Of course, Nishimura always found me in the end. But he could never stop me from leaving. It also wasn't hard to find the evidence I needed. After all, there's an entire dungeon building and I know where it is. Nishimura doesn't exactly hide it, seeing as how he doesn't believe anyone will betray him. Oh, how wrong he was.

Now, it's time to show him what he's done. When he took me under his wing, he made the biggest mistake of his life. He dug his own grave. The thought puts a sick smile on my face. Nothing's better than watching someone evil dig their own grave unknowingly. I'll make sure he knows in the end. But first, I need to break him completely. I need to shatter the thin ice I've put him on. I may sound cruel, but I have to be. To totally destroy him, I have to shut my heart down. It's the only way.

I've got the evidence now. And I've sent a copy of the video to the Warrior Committee, so, even if he does beat me, the truth will still get out. But I won't let him win. He's backed into a corner now. There's no escape left for him. Even for him, it'll be a struggle to get free from it. However, he still could. And I've planned for that, of course. I've got back-up plans for everything, because things don't always work out the way you want.

So, now phase two begins. I'll expose him and he won't know it was me. He won't know at all who leaked the footage. But, come tomorrow morning, everyone will know. I'll act supportive and shocked, just like the good little boy I seem to be. We're back on good terms after I explained I left to kill all the demons. He ended up congratulating me. After all, that's my job. It's working out good so far. He's behaving exactly the way I need him to.

I begin the next part. I leak the video anonymously. Of course, he's furious. I sympathize, asking if he wants me to find out who did it. Naturally, he agrees. After a few days, I pretend to be searching extremely hard, but stealthily. I can't believe my plan is actually working. Sure, I know Nishimura batter than anybody, but that doesn't make it easier to trick him. 

However, suddenly I see Nishimura standing beside me. His face is livid. He kicks me hard, sending me rolling across the ground. When I finally stop, he's panting with his anger. He stalks over to me with a cruel smile. Does he know? If so, then how?

"I know it was you, boy, that leaked that video. Did you think you'd get away with it?! Did you think I wouldn't know?! You are such a disappointment to me! You could've been the best Warrior! But you messed that all up!"

"I'm going to make you pay...for everything you've done!"

"I've caught on to your plan! How're you going to make me pay when you're locked away for good?" I know he's serious. I could wait for the others to save me again, but that's not an option. Involving them any farther would put their lives at risk. And I don't want them to know about this. They already know too much. And I can't let him catch me. It would ruin everything. I have no other option. I don't want to, but I'll have to run for now.

I can't let him catch me. Too much is at stake in this. I enter my Form and take off. Even when he's in his form, he's barely as fast as I am. I hope he won't chase me right now. I need to gather my thoughts, change my strategy, and go at him again. I don't hear him following me and check behind me to make sure. There's no one there. Hopefully, I'll have enough time to rethink everything. Otherwise, I'll be screwed.

Eventually, I'm far enough away that I can take a break. It's going to be very hard from here on out. Now that he's figured me out, I'll have to be extra careful. He may not have followed me now, but he'll come. And he won't give up until he gets me. But I can't let him catch up yet. I need another strategy and fast. I'm not giving up, even if he knows. I'm sticking through this until the end. Quickly, I find a place to hide. It won't be long before he finds me here. I'll have to move around frequently. But I have to avoid him at all costs.

But, tonight, I'll be safe here. I don't know how he found out. But it doesn't matter. He knows now and that's the end of it. My charade is up. Well, at least I won't have to pretend anymore. I won't risk losing who I really am. I can finally take off the mask and breathe. He'll pay for what he's done. I'm not any better than he is, not after all the things I've done, but I have to take him down. It'll be up to someone else to end me.

After all, that's the endless cycle. One person becomes corrupt and rules with an iron fist until someone stops them. Then, that person does the same thing. A heart-wrenching, unbreakable cycle of corruption and deceit. That's just how the world works. Besides, humans are naturally sinful anyway. We not born to be perfect and happy. We're born to be evil and destructive. Mostly due to the fact that we live such short lives and most people are petrified of death. That way, we fully appreciate all we have. At least, that's what I'd like to believe. No one wants to believe there's no reason for pain and suffering.