Lumirius: III (End)

Hoseok kept his eyes on the figure wrapped up in a king-sized blue blanket on a single bed. The girl had always wanted to cocoon herself in her blankets while sleeping; on a regular night.

Wendy would usually sleep with all of the blanket draped on her body, and the next day it would be pooled on the floor beside her bed.

Hoseok gave out a deep sigh, both of exhaustion and relief. She's been out of it for three hours already and he cannot leave her side even for a moment.

For her sake, but more so for his own sake and sanity as well.

He doesn't know how will she react when she sees that discoloration on her neck.

Heck. He doesn't even know if she's been kissed when she's all aware and in the right mind.

Hoseok wrung his hands, fidgeting and fiddling with anything that he sees in her room, a trinket on her desk, frames on her bedside, books in her shelf, and finally Wendy's hair.

No matter how he tried not to touch her again, he seems to be especially drawn to her now more than ever - probably the effect of the kiss- but mayble it's more of his natural flair to do anything opposite of what he intends to do when it comes to his bestfriend.

Don't annoy her in school. Check. He made her reach her wits end on a daily basis.

Don't make her worry when he practices too much. Check. She basically became his physical therapist, alarm clock, nutritionist to keep him in check.

Don't let her fall sick again. Check. She's now ill because she got rained on when she got held up in detention.

Don't fall in love with her. Ah. Hell. Check. He's been falling deeply into that pit, with a no known end.

He gently removed a lone stand of hair away from her face. Her breathing is more even now, and he can hear the air escape from her nose and create soft whistling sounds.

He smiled despite himself, and traced the way her hair fell on her shoulders and moved it to expose her neck. But instead of it being a soft and fond moment, Hoseok felt he was smacked as he was yet again faced with his problem.

There on her still pale and once pristine skin, the hickey came to say hello.

Hoseok immediately moved his hand away from her and jerked back as if scalded by her. He sat on the floor beside her bed, it was not as if he didn't search for a fast 'cure' for a hickey, it's just that everything he searched up could wake the girl up, needs to be bought outside or sounded ridiculous.

Who puts a banana peel on a hickey? He thought, as he placed his head on both hands.

It boils down to letting the skin 'rest' while it heals, meaning he would have to lay off the biting and sucking.

Oh god. Heaven forbid I try to do that again.

He whimpered then tousled and pulled his hair to punish himself more.

▪▪▪○▪▪▪

"Yah!" Wendy shouted as she touseled then pulled Hoseok's hair, forcefully dragging him away from the barbeque grill.

When they were in an area where a few of their classmates lingered she whisper-shouted at him, "You said there won't be alcohol!" She said while gritting her teeth.

"Ahh. ㅖ뻐! ("Pretty!") Hoseok slured in his speech, caressing Wendy's face before trying to plant a kiss on her lips which she expertly dodged.