Chapter 42 - "Feel it."

Start from the beginning

"But I can't give you anything.. I don't want to be that girl anymore.."  She's never been any certain type of girl. She's Lee. The girl that made me feel. The girl that made me open up to her. The girl that made me look forward to the next day, every day and she doesn't even know it. Part of me regrets even meeting her, I'd still be .. well, me. No worries. Not a fuck given for anyone or anything and then I met her.

I remember it so clearly like it was yesterday. She changed into a dress right behind me, I was dying to look.. just take a sneak peak. If it was any other girl I would have, I wouldn't have respected her but something, there was something about her. She was so fucking bad ass she didn't care about what people thought of her, however I quickly realised it's all a front. She's still a bad ass, she'd bust my balls in seconds I'm sure of it. But she does care, she cares about what people think of her, she uses this bad ass cover.. to hide her pain and to hide how broken she really is. I knew I wanted her straight away but I didn't want to get too close, she had a strange hold over me from day one. I wanted to be near her, I wasn't thinking sexual thoughts when I was around her - I just wanted to be in her company and that's when I knew.. shit got real, quick.

"I don't want anything, I just want to be here with you even if we have to be friends. How did we get so complicated, peachy?" I see a slight smile appear on her mouth and I know it's because I called her peachy but that smile... fuck.

"I don't know.. I think I liked it better when you were an ass to me." She laughs, well I got her smiling again so I guess that's something, right?

"Ahhh. But I can still be an asshole to you. Is that what you want?" Our relationship from day one was like chalk and cheese. I felt like I hated this girl, I couldn't be around her - that's what I tried telling myself until the day I realised it was quite the opposite.

"I just want us to be us again? No complications and no awkwardness?" She's sweet, stroking her hair behind her ear and looking at me so fragile and nervous.

"I can do that, now let's actually work yeah?" I give her a genuine smile, because I need her to know - I didn't leave because I was an ass and I've always been genuine and myself around her - as much as I can be...

RYLEE'S POV

He seems so .. different? I can't quite put my finger on it but something has changed. He seems a lot more mature than before he left, he was always so childish, snarky remarks - which don't get me wrong I kinda enjoyed because well, that was Gino. But I like this Gino too. Is different, refreshing.

"Yeah let's work, we could have missed something whilst we were talking."
God help us if we have, Hunter would go shit crazy. Just then, right on cue my phone rings, my heart skips a 100 beats. I hope this isn't Hunter.

"Hello?"

"Hey sis, you wanna hang out tomorrow?"

Remi.

"Hey yeah, is something wrong?"

He never wants to hang out lately, I've barely heard from him.

"No nothing's wrong, I've just neglected you I guess. I wanna make it up to you, you back at Hunter's now?"

Unfortunately.

"Yeah I am. Listen, Rem, I've gotta go I'm on a job but I'll see you later yeah?"

"Sweet, be careful Ry."

No pep talk? Weird.

I hang up the phone and see Gino on his mobile. His backs towards me and he's talking quiet, suddenly...