twenty-five

"Maya! That's amazing!" Dan puts his hands on my shoulders with excitement in his voice, though his eyes are still groggy with sleep.

"Thank you." I grin.

"We need to celebrate." he decides.

"How?" I ask.

"Fancy dinner tonight? I'll make reservations." he suggests.

"It's a date." I nod slightly.

Dan looks up fancy restaurants in the area. After he decides, he calls the linked number on the website, saying, "Hi, yes. I'd like to make reservations. Tonight at seven. Two, yes. Howell. Thank you." before hanging up the phone.

I smile at him, "You should pick out my outfit and I choose your's." I say.

Dan nods, "Okay, let's do it."

Dan follows me to the wardrobe in my room, I throw the doors open, showing him the fancier side of the closet. After a few minutes, he picks out a black lace spaghetti strap top and a form fitting leather skirt.

"Dan, I literally look like a stripper in that." I say, raising my eyebrows.

"Good, you'll fit right in where we're going." he laughs.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I ask.

Dan kneels down to the bottom of my wardrobe, looking at my shoe options. He picks out black stilettos, that match the stripper theme perfectly.

      "Great." I sigh at the outfit layed out in front of me on my bed.

     "Oof! I forgot jewelry!" he rushes to my vanity, but I quickly grab his wrist and pull him away.

     "Lets not to anymore damage." I suggest and he laughs, giving in. "Instead, lets go get lunch." I say.

     "Lunch?" Dan exclaims, "I just woke up!" he gestures to his outfit of a black t-shirt and dark grey sweats.

     "Well, just get ready here." I say. "I think there's a pair of your jeans here from when you came over that one time and hijacked my favorite joggers." I say, raising an eyebrow.

     "They wouldn't fit you, anyway!" Dan points at me.

     "I'll admit, they were comfortably oversized." I tread lightly on my words, "But that doesn't make them any less comfy." I say.

     "Comfortably oversized?" Dan repeats, "You're tiny, and they were even a little big on me." Dan smiles after he sees my loss for a rebuttle.

     "B-Uh, but I, uh..." I stutter, feeling a dark red blush creep on to my cheeks.

     "Awe, you're cute when I win." Dan pulls me closer to his, wrapping his arms around my waist as he presses a kiss my to my forehead.

     "You didn't win." I say, matter-of-factly.

     "Shit, what about underwear?" Dan's shoulders droop lazily.

     "Damn, buy my dinner first." I fake-scoff.

     "First of all," Dan leans back to look at me, "I literally have." he says. "Secondly, I meant my underwear. Mine aren't clean I'm wearing them and have been since yesterday." he rests his chin on the top of my head, in deep thought.

     "Wear some of mine." I say into his chest.

     "The fuck?" he asks, leaning back again.