eighteen

It'd been a few weeks since Dan and I met. Now, I sat in his bedroom, wrapped under the grey duvet on his bed, watching the boy in the black and red equality shirt talk to the camera about how white he is.

The warm covers are pulled up to my chin as I struggle not to laugh everytime he makes a joke. Periodically, he'd look to me worriedly and question, "Was that okay?", to which I'd always respond with a sleepy but silent nod, my smile widening.

After he'd finished the video, he turned his light off and folded up his tripod, leaving his camera turned off on his desk as he came and engulfed himself under the duvet beside me.

Wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder, he says, "I have something to ask."

"Hm?" I hum.

"So, as you may already know, I have conventions to go to." he pauses.

"Yeah." I say. I've heard about Youtubers and Creators going to VidCon and Playlist Live and stuff.

"Well, in two weeks, I'll have to go to one. VidCon Australia." he says.

"Okay?" I ask. A part of me is sad that he's leaving me, but the majority of me is just happy that he's happy. He loves meeting his subscribers so much.

"I wanted to know if you could come with us. Me and Phil." he asks. After a moment of silence, he speaks up, "Only if you want to, of course."

"Oh, uh." I sigh. I mean I'd love to go, but I have work and there's so many people there. Then again, they're mostly all teens that are fans of kind and caring people. "Can I have like, a couple days to think about it?" I ask.

"Of course. Take all the time you need." he whispers, pressing a quick kiss onto my jaw and cuddles up next to me. After a few minutes, he speaks up, "Another question."

"Yeah?" I ask.

"What are we?" he questions.

"I--," I pause for a second to think, "I dunno." I realised we'd never given a name to what we had going on between us. Maybe he'd ask me to be his girlfriend soon. Properly. But either way, I'd be happy with just keeping what we have now. Like, I'm not demanding more, but it definitely wouldn't hurt.

"Oh." he says, snuggling up to my side even more.

"You need to edit." I say, throwing the covers off myself.

"I don't wannaaa." Dan whines.

"C'mon, you haven't posted in like, two months." I say, swinging my leg over his body so I'm on top of him, my hair falling into my face.

"It's only been one month! It just looks like longer because I had to delete the Tinder video!" he exclaims.

"Boo-hoo." I stick my bottom lip out in a sarcastic pout.

"Which sucks because it's pretty much our origin story." Dan says, moving a strand of hair behind my ear and lightly tracing my jawline with his pointer finger.

I lean down and kiss his neck, up his jaw, and then finally to his lips before pulling away and getting up, straightening out his t-shirt and flannel pyjama pants that I'd borrowed.

"No, come here." he whines again, stretching his hands out longingly for me.

"I'm not even gonna touch you until you edit that video." I smirk, crossing my arms.

He pauses for a moment, "...I'm going to edit that video right now." he stands up determinedly and I giggle as he sits down at his desk and takes his SD card out of the camera and plugs it into his computer.