twenty-four

When we wake up, not only was the sun shining through my windows so bright that it almost blinded me to open my eyes, I rolled over to see that Andrea had left. I am confused until I remember that it's Sunday. Andrea visits her Gran on Sundays.

Silently, I walk to the kitchen. Dan's still asleep, so to not make much noise, I just fix us both some hot chocolate instead of actually cooking breakfast.

After that's done, I put both mugs in the microwave to keep them relatively warm and head to my room to change.

Stripping off my onesie, I put my hair up in a messy, curly bun and pick out an oversized tan t-shirt, black mom jeans, and white trainers.

I barely do anything for makeup, just conceal some of my spots, brush through my bushy brows, and put on some mascara.

     After that's done, I brush my teeth and put on lotion, perfume, and deodorant. Heading back out to the lounge to see if Dan's awake, I hear a noise coming from the hall closet.

     A noise that sounds like a snore.

     Carefully opening the door, Dan, who had been sitting with his back against the door, fell back and hit his head on my shoes.

     "I'm up!" he shoots his eyes open.

     "You finally came out of the closet." I smirk down at him, my hand still rested on the doorknob.

     "I had to pee and I thought this was the door to the bathroom and before I realized it was a closet I was fully asleep." he groans, curling his body and cuddling my shoes.

     "So you shut the door and then you were like 'Hey, maybe this isn't the best place to take a piss!' and then you just passed out asleep?" I ask.

     "You hit the head of the nail on the head with the hammer you hit it with." he stutters.

     "Excuse me?" I laugh.

     No response. He's asleep. Again.

    Sighing, I slowly remove my feet from cuddle range, go to the lounge to grab a pillow and a blanket and come back to him. I was able to somehow lift his head up and drop it back down with a pillow under it without him waking up. After draping the blanket over him, I go back to the lounge and clean up last night's mess. Andrea must have woken up early, because she cleaned the food up and somehow washed the dishes without making enough noise to wake either of us up. I fold the extra blankets then take my duvet and other pillows back and make my bed.

     Looking at the clock, I see that it's about quarter 'til nine. Deciding I have nowhere to be, I heat the hot cocoas up and take mine, sitting Dan's close to his sleeping figure for him to drink when he wakes up.

     I sit on my sofa, headphones plugged in with music up to volume eleven, and edit the videos I filmed yesterday. Deciding it was more important to me, I edit the video I made with Andrea and Dan before I edit my vlog.

Once I get all the footage I want to use cut up into jumpcuts, I see movement out of the corner of my eye.

     I glance over to see Dan, cute as ever, walking into the lounge with a fluffly pink blanket wrapped tight around his shoulders. His goldish-brown eyes are drooped sleepily and half of his hair is smushed up on one side. He takes a sip of his cocoa and pulls the mug away to reveal a thin marshmallow mustache.

     I look up at him as me makes his way over to me. Taking the last big gulp of his hot chocolate, he wipes the mustache from his mouth, kisses me on the cheek, and curls up into my side, eventually falling asleep on my shoulder.

     I continue editing for a while, finally finishing my first video. Taking a split second to decide that all lowercase was the more aesthetically pleasing option, I title it, 'sleepover with andrea king and daniel howell: butterbeer and smut.'

     Without hesitation, I upload the video to YouTube as private, then, I switch it to public and press save changes.

     That's it, I've done it.

     Quickly, I shut my Mac and unplug my headphones, panicking for a second before I remember the brown haired boy on my arm.

     Breathing heavily, I feel eyes bat open, his lashes skimming the side of my neck.

     "Morning, love." he whispers.

     "Good morning." I say back.

     "Thanks for the hot chocolate. What've you been up to?" Dan asks.

     "I just uploaded my first video."