Chapter13-Remembering the good times and the bad times of the past

Jaze went home. He missed Elsa already but he didn't call her. Because Elsa might think he is too clingy. So he went to his room and picked up his picture with Maddie that was on the table. He stared at it and picked it up and he went to the storeroom to put it there. After he did that, he took the box that was in the storage room and started moving them out by throwing all of them one by one.
     "She was my love before but the sight of her makes me feel I'm not good enough. It makes me feel that I'm useless. I can still remember the day she broke up with me I don't understand why she had left." He didn't realize that he was crying all of a sudden because of the memory. He felt tears dripping off his face as he sits on his bed.

Then his brother knocks on his door.
     "Yes?" he said.
     "May I come in?"
     "Sure,"
He then went inside the room and saw his brother crying silently.
     "Jaze, what's wrong?" He asked.
     "James, can you please throw this picture," he said as handed him the picture of himself with Maddie.
     "Okay, wait. This the picture of you and Maddie when you first met," he said as he looked at pictures.
     "Yeah," he said.
     "Why do you want me to throw this?" he asked.
     "Because it reminds me of her and I was before because she didn't love me back," he said.
     "But Elsa?"
     "What about her,"
     "What if Elsa does the same?" he asked. "What if she leaves you?" He replied.
     "Elsa's different from her and I can understand her cause we're in the same situation."
     "Okay," he said and went out of his room.
He sits on the chair and began to think he's thinking of what Jack said.
» "I felt nothing at first because I think am not worthy of her love because I can't love her the way I was used to, so I broke up with her. "As years have passed I really miss her and regret that I left her because she didn't really leave my mind and my heart, I know I was selfish and I only thought of myself. Now that she's gone I'm really so mad that I let go, I stupid back then," he said. "Everyday I thought about her and each time I thought about her I was repenting that I have hurt her because no matter how I tried to forget her she is still vivid my mind. No matter how many times I tried. I cannot forget her, because I still love her." he then said. A memory flashes back in his mind.
     "I can understand Jack because I too have felt it when Maddie left me. But I can't just let Elsa go that easily because I love her too much and I do not wish to hurt her. But she still loves him she doesn't love me that much but I can feel she's starting to love me." He sighed.
I know she still loves him and I can't take that away from her. But what about me, will I be still waiting for her to love me?
I said to her it's okay if she loves him still I understand her. And I can't take those words back now.
I can feel she is starting to love me but why do I feel sad and lonely? Is it because she cannot love me back? I'm not showing it to her because she might pity me and I don't want that, I want her to see me and love me for who I am. I'll wait for her no matter how long it takes I'll always be by her now and forever," he said in his mind. He heard his phone rang.
     "Hello?" he said through the phone.
     "Jaze, it's me, Elsa," she said.
     "Sweetie, why did you call? Is something the matter?" he asked a bit worried. "Wait are you crying? I can hear your voice cracking," he said.
     "Yes, Jaze, I'm crying," I answered.
     "What happened why are you crying?" he asked worriedly.
     "Jaze please save me," I said with my voice cracking.
     "Where are you?" he asked. I don't know where am I but it's dark and creepy here and I'm scared Jaze please help me get out of here, save me please.I responded.
But before I could say the place the man took the phone from me.
If you want Elsa back then give me 10,000 dollars if not Elsa will die do you hear me?
I tried struggling free but it was no use because the knot on my hands are too tight. I just hope Jaze will come here soon.
     "How dare you! Let her go this instant," he demanded. I hear him say.
     "Jaze, don't listen to him."
     "Elsa, sweetie are you okay?"
Then the man put a handkerchief on my mouth to make stop talking.
     "Elsa? Sweetie are you still there?
I could not speak cause the man covered my mouth. Then I hear him say.
     "Listen bring the money and I will let go."And if you bring the cops she is going to die." he said.
     "Okay, but on condition."
     "What is it?" they asked.
     "Don't you ever touch her if I heard her say that you touched her you're dead. Where will I meet you," he said fuming in anger.
     "In the ally." the man said.
     "Okay, I'll be there," he answered.
     So Jaze took some money in his drawer it's about 10,000 and gets dressed and left the room.
When he went down he saw his brother watching TV he just go on to his brother notice him and asked.
     "Where are you going?" he asked.
     "Somewhere," he said.
     "Okay," he answered. But hurry back, I'm starting to get hungry," his brother said.
     "Okay,"
He then walked on his way there and on his way, he bumps into Jack.
     "Oh, sorry," he said and look up. "Jack?" he said.
     "It's okay, Jaze just be careful next time," "Oh, by the way, where are you going? in such a rush he asked.
     "To save Elsa," he said.
     "Why what happened to her?" he asked.
     "Some guy took her and he's demanding I should pay him 10,000 dollars to get Elsa back," he said.
     "I think I know who is he," he answers.
     "Who?" he asked.
     "He's my old classmate were not that close really we just hang sometimes and he really used to like Elsa before but he got rejected by her because Elsa does not like him back she liked me back then and he was so jealous and angered because Elsa chose me that day," he said.
     "Who's this guy?" he asked.
     "His name is Harris Park
     "I tried to save her once from him but I failed. He brought another girl before me. "Thinking I would have chosen her more than Elsa, the girl kept pressuring me till I gave in and have committed a mistake with her and she uploaded our video together and send it to Elsa so that misunderstanding will lead our breakup and did. Now Elsa has found you and he chose you," he said.
     "But does Elsa know what you did?"
   "No, Maybe I'm not sure."Jack, said.
     "Where will I find him," he asked.
     "The ally is just around the corner, you will find a small house there and he went there.
     "Thank you, Jack," he said.
     "I'm coming with you," he replied.
     "There's no need, Jack, besides I can handle it myself," he said.
     "But I want to make sure that Elsa's safe," he answers.
     "Fine, you can but I'll be the one to free her okay," he said.
     "Okay, fine," he answered. As he rolled his eyes.
So Jaze and Jack went inside the ally and what Jack has said there's a small house beside it and they went inside it and they saw Elsa tied up in a chair.
     "Here's the money you asked for," he said and threw the bag of money to them.
     "Let her go," he demanded.
     "Untie her then," he said.
     "Okay, just make sure you won't do anything stupid," he replied.
Jaze went to Elsa and began to untie her and take off her blindfold.
When Elsa opened her eyes, the first she saw make her heart flutter insanely. It was those purple eyes staring at her with full concern and a voice asking if she was okay.
     "Elsa are you okay?" Jaze asked worriedly.
     "Yeah, I said and hugged him. Then I notice Jack standing there. But why is Jack here?" I asked a bit confused.
     "That's because he wanted to see if you're okay." he then answered.
     "Oh, I see."
      "Come on I'll take you home," he said and help me stand up.
     "Okay," I said and nodded.
Before Jaze took me home he talks with Jack first.
     "Elsa sweetie can you give us a minute," Jaze said to me.
     "Sure,"
     "Thank you, Jack, for helping me find her," he said.
     "Well, it's no problem," he said. "I'm just glad that Elsa is safe," he replied. "Jaze please don't tell Elsa what I have told you earlier," "Because I want to tell her myself." he then said.
     "Promise me, Jack, you will tell her because if you don't I will," he said.
     "Okay, I'll better take Elsa home now," he said.
     "Okay," he said and left.
     "Elsa, I'll take you home," he said smiling at me.
     "Okay, I said while sweetly smiling at him.
As we were crossing the street a fast car almost hit me good thing he grabbed me away from the speeding car.
     "That startled me," I said, my heart beating fast.
    "Keep your eyes on the road," he said to the driver. "Are you hurt?" he asked his face worry and concern.
     "I'm fine," I answered, "just a little bit startled."
     "I'm glad you're okay, come on get in, I'll take you home," he said as he opened the car door for me
     "Thank you," I said and went in. Jaze closed the door and went to the driver's seat and began to drive.
     "Elsa," he called.
     "Yes," I answered.
He went near her and put the seatbelt on her.
     "Elsa always make sure your seatbelt is fastened," he replied. "I don't want you to get hurt," he said and smiled at me.
     "Okay," I said and gave him a reassuring smile.
     Jaze took me home.
     "Bye, sweetie," he said and kissed me.
     "I'll see you tomorrow,"  I said and went in.
      "Bye," he said waving at me.
     "Take care," I said
And he took off.

I went to my room and sat on my bed thinking. I was thinking about Jaze and Jack, how they both loved me. But one is suffering because I know to myself that I don't love him but I'm starting to love him now and his proven everything for me to love him. But why can't I? He is doing everything for me to love him.

I think it's time to let him go.
I cannot see him suffer every day just for me to love him. Because honestly I already have loved him but I cannot fool myself anymore.
I must do this to set him free.
I feel I'm going to regret this.
There was a knock on the door.
I stop being so emotional and opened it. I saw who was standing there and it was my sister.
     "Elsa, may I come in?" she asked.
     "Sure," I said and my sister went inside my room.
     "Anna,"
     "Yes, Els?"
     "You said you have something you wanted to say, what is it?" I then asked.
     "That? I already forgot it, but once I remember I will tell you okay," she said.
     "I've decided to break up with Jaze," I then said.
     "Why? You are happy with him," she then said.
     "I'm going to tell him tomorrow, I'm sure he'll understand."
     "Why are you breaking up with him, I thought you were happy were'nt you?" she asked.
     "Yes, I'm happy with him but.." I paused.
     "What?" she asked.
     "I cannot see him suffer like this because of me, I have to let him go," I said tears brimming from my eyes. "I know it hurts to let him go but I must do this," I said and she can see tears falling down from my cheeks. I know it's not easy for her because she still is hurting because of Jack and it's not easy for her to love again. Well, if that's your decision I can't stop you, but Elsa from the way I can see it, Jaze really truly loves you." she said.
     "That's the reason why I have to let him go,"
     "Are you going to be alright once you do?" She asked.
     "I don't know. I said as I shake my head. But I had to this, I hope I've made the right decision," I said as I my brushed teeth wash my face and went to bed.