Chapter12-Save by his arms

In the morning, I woke up from my bed. Fluttering my eyes open and slowly getting up. I stretch out my arms when I  went to the bathroom to wash my  face when I look in the mirror I saw Jack working out. I screamed and covered my mouth and said.
     “Oh my, why do I keep thinking about him, he has hurt you, he has left you, you would be foolish enough if you believe in him again. Snap out of it, go back to your senses,” I said slapping myself.
Anna heard the commotion and she woke up from her sleep and went to my room.
     “Elsa, I heard you scream is something wrong?” she asked worriedly.
     “No, it's nothing,” I  answered.
If I tell her she will think I'm pathetic because I'm still thinking about the man who had hurt me, I  said in my head.
     “Are you sure?” she asked.
     “Yeah, I'm fine now.”
     “Okay, I'm going downstairs,” she said.
     “I'll follow,” I said.
     Anna just nodded in response and went downstairs.
I went back to my room to take a shower and get dressed because I'm going to the library today to give back a book called. ‘Your my treasure always and forever’ I  been reading it for quite a few days now and now I  may borrow a new book again.
     I came down to the living room and saw Anna watching some show called Hotel Transilvania actually it's a movie she's watching I tried to get her attention but she so focused on her movie so I called her louder.
     “Anna,” I called out.
Finally, she heard me.
     “Anna, I'm going to eat out and head to the library afterward want to come?” I asked.
Anna turned off the TV and said.  
     “Sure, I'll just get dressed okay,” she replied.
     “Alright but hurry the library opens in less than an hour,” I replied. “Okay, I'll wait for you outside.
    “Okay,” she responded.
While I was waiting for Anna to come out I leaned on the wall reading my book. A few moments Jack passes by me and saw me reading my book. He called me.
     “Elsa,” I  didn't hear Jack calling her because I  was focused on my reading I  didn't hear him until he went close to her and lift my book down. And I noticed when I  look up and saw him staring at me. I was startled and I  was caught off guard and I  fell to the ground. because I was shocked to see him.
     “Elsa, are you alright? I didn't mean to startle you. Here, take my hand. I'll help you up,” Jack said.
     “No, thank you. I can manage myself,” I said coldly.
Then Anna went out of the house and saw her sister on the ground and he was with Jack?
Anna came closer to the two and asked.
     “What happened?” Anna asked running up to me.
     “Anna, I'm so glad you're here. Jack startled me that's why I fell down, I said while trying to get up and dusting myself.
     “Oh, are you okay now?” Anna asked.
     “Yeah,”
     “Where are you two going?”Jack asked.
     “Jack, why do need to know where are going?” she asked irritated.
     “I just want to know,” he said.
     “Why do you have to know our every move,” Anna asked. “Why so that you can follow us,” she replied.
     “No, I just want to know,” he asked again.
    “If you want to know, don't ask me because you don't have the right to know. So will you just leave us alone, please? she said and left with me to have our breakfast. When they were heading to Heaven and Eggs to have breakfast when we went in I asked my sister to take a seat and I will be right there after I ordered.
Then  Jaze entered the restaurant and saw me ordering and he saw Anna too. She told Anna to keep quiet because he was going to surprise Elsa, Anna just nodded in response. Jaze went behind me and covered my eyes.
     “Guess who?” he said.
     “Jaze?” I answered.
     “You're right,” he said removing his hands from my eyes and kissing my lips.
      “Jaze, what are you doing here?” I asked a bit surprised.
     “What else of course to see you,” he said to me.
     “Why did you miss me that much?” I asked.
    “Well, actually yes I dreamt of you last night, I was afraid you would leave me just like in my dream.
    “What happened in your dream?”
      “I have to set you free even if pains me for doing so because I know you still love him,” he said.
     “Oh, well if that time comes will you let me go?”
     “I will let you go if you want me too,” he answered. Because I know you still love him but if he leaves you again you had me I'll never stop loving you.” he said.
     “Aww, you're so understanding, Jaze but won't you get hurt,” I asked.
     “I'm used to it after 8 years of desertion of the girl I love before. So it's okay if you leave me because you love him and I know you still do but if he hurts you again, don't be afraid to approach me I will love you even though you didn't love me back,” he answered.
     “I cannot hurt you Jaze, you're too special to be hurt like that and  I'm afraid I might lose you, If I ever did that,” I said.
     “You will not lose me, Els, just remember that I love you so very much,” he said pinching my cheek.
     “I know but I can't love you the same way as I did for my first love,” I said feeling a bit sorry.
     “I know and I'm willing to wait for you to love me and when that time comes I will never let you go, not like your first love did to you. I'll always be here to love you,” he said and held my hand.
     “Thank you Jaze for understanding me. And thank you for those precious words you had said. But can we eat already. “I'm starving here,” I said changing the mood.
     “Okay, what do you want me to buy for you I'll treat you,” he said with a smile on his face.
     “I want a breakfast pancake with a hot chocolate how about you?” I asked.
     “I’ll have a breakfast sandwich and one coffee. “Oh, what about Anna what does she likes?” he asked.
     “Wait I'll go ask her. I go to where Anna is seating and asked.
     “Anna, what do you like for breakfast or it's okay with if share,” I asked.
     “Yeah, it's a bit awkward if Jaze bought breakfast for me so I think we should just share besides I'm trying to lose weight.” she and smiled.
     “Okay,” I replied.
So I went back to Jaze
     “So sweetie what does Anna like?” he asked.
     “Anna said she'll just share with me since she's want to lose weight I said to him.
     “Okay, he answered back, oh by the way where are you going after this.
     “To the library, why?” I asked.
     “Oh, I see, well I cannot come with you because I have something important to take of but I'll walk you there since it's nearby, ”he said and gave a reassuring smile.
     “Okay,” I said.
     “But don't worry I'll try to catch up as soon as I can,” he considered.
     “Okay,” I said and we sit and ate.
After having breakfast I and Anna went to the library. So I went to Jaze and said.
     “Well, see you later Jaze thanks for treating us out. Thanks for paying Jaze,”  I sweetly said and kissed his lips. “So I'll see you later then,” I said and left.
     “Okay, I'll catch up with you soon,” he said and waved goodbye to us.
So Jaze takes them to the library.
     “This is as far as I go,” he said.
     “Okay, see you later,” I said and kissed his cheek.
     “Okay, see you later my sweet,” he said and gestured his fingers and made a heart and bid us goodbye.
I and Anna went into the library to return the book that I borrowed last time. I. saw the librarian and gave the book to her and asked.
   “Excuse me, are there any new books arriving this week?” I ask as I handed the book to her.
     “I’m sorry I’m afraid not dear.” the old lady said.
     “It’s okay, I'll just look around for a book to find,” I replied with a smile.
     “Okay, then dear. “How about this one,” I said and the title of the is ‘Love  like a wilting rose’ Because when love fades away there no going back you cannot love that person again because you've been hurt already and it's not that easy to forget everything we share spent time with other.” I said
holding a book in my hand.
     “Wow. I never seen young lady like you understand the meaning of that book.
     “But Els you have read that book four or five times now,” Anna said.
     “If you want that book so much then it's yours,” the old lady said smiling at her.
     “Thank you, that's kind of you.” I then said.
     “It’s no problem dear,” the old lady said smiling at her.
     “Oh, wait let me check out the other books,” I replied to my sister.
When I picked up a book from the top shelf using a step ladder. I was flipping the pages of the book when I was about to put it back I lost my balance and fell down but someone caught me.
The person who caught me was. .....................When I opened my eyes I saw ........... Those crystal blue eyes his pale confection. Could it be Jack?
It is Jack but how did he know I was here. We did not tell him where we are going ah seriously this is driving me crazy. I can hear an ambulance Am I going to the hospital I don't need to go there. But why am I still laying in his arms? I took a peep and he looks at me with worry and full concern written on his face.
     “Elsa,” his voice called me, “Are you okay?” he asked full of worry and concern.
I did not answer him because it might lead to serious awkwardness. I just pretended to be asleep so he wouldn't notice. Then I was rushed to the hospital when we got there Jack called the doctors to meet me. While he was gone. I called Anna.
     “Anna,” I whispered.
     “Oh, Els you're awake,”
     “Yeah,” I said.
     “Are you okay now Els,” she asked.
     “I'm okay but can you tell Jaze to come here, I'm sure he's worried about me,” I replied.
     “Okay, Els give me Jaze's number,” she said.
     “Oh, yeah, here you go,” I said as I hand my phone to copy his number.
     “Thanks, I'll call him right now,” Anna said.
     So Anna called Jaze and left the room. Jack came back to the room and he saw Anna leaving and was trying to call someone. Jack came back to the room and he saw that I was awake.
There was a very awkward silence between the two of us. Jack decided to break it by asking.
     “If I apologize to you will you forgive me?” he asked and be mine again,” he said.
     “Oh Jack, I have already forgiven you  but I can't be yours anymore.”
     “Why?” he asked.
     “Because you had already hurt me and left me do you know how much it hurts to be left alone without even giving an explanation I don't even why you left me. I answered back.
     “If you don’t love me anymore can you say it in front of my face” he said hoping that I  had a little love for him still.
I said in my mind.
     “Jack, why are doing this to me, do you know it’s hard to say those words because if I say those I'll be lying to myself. Huh, What do I do?” I said in my head.
     “Elsa, can you say that you don't love me anymore if you do I will leave you alone,” he said.“Come on now say it.” he said.
      “I.............Before I could say anything I was cut off.
Then my sister interrupted us by saying.
     “Elsa, Jaze said his coming,” Anna said and entering her room.
     “Okay, I said, still laying in bed.
Then Jaze came to the room.
When he went to the room he saw Jack sitting there.
     “What is he doing here?” he asked confused and a bit angered at the same time.
     “Jaze did you know that Jack started Elsa that's why she fell earlier,” Anna said.
     “What?” he said trying to hold back his anger.
And he also caught her earlier when she fell at the library and he called an ambulance to take Elsa here.” Anna responded.
His face softened and he was not angry anymore.
     “Jack, thank you, for saving her,” he said.
     “It's not a problem Jaze,” “ I only did it because I  still love her,” he replied.
     “What did you just say?” “You love her?” he asked.
     “Yes, I love her,” he replied.
     “Jack get out, stop telling Elsa you love her because you don't really love her,” he replied. “Get out,”
     “Jack,” I called him. “Jack, thank you,” I said.
     “It's no problem snow I mean Elsa,” he said then Jack left the room.
     “Elsa, what happened?” Jaze asked worriedly.
     I fell on the library earlier because I was going to put a book back a book then I lost my balance,” “Good thing Jack was there he caught me before I fell on the floor.” I said.
     “Oh, I see,” he said. “I'm so sorry Elsa I wasn't there by your side,” he said and give sad smile.
     “It's okay, Jaze I understand, “so where have you been?” I asked.
     “I have been at the mall.” he said then I got a call telling me to go here,” he said.
     “Oh, okay by the way what are you doing there?” I asked.
     “I was there to check something out,” he replied.
     “What is it?” I asked curiously.
     “It’s a surprise if I tell you now it wouldn't be a surprise and anymore will it now,” he said. “I'll tell you later,” he then replied.
Then the doctor came and said that I could be released because there's nothing wrong with me “She just needs rest and sleep.” The doctor then says.
     “Okay, Thanks doc.,” they both said.
     “Elsa?” Jaze called.
     “Yes, Jaze.” “May I ask you something?”
     “Sure, what is it?”
     “How did you felt when Jack left you,” he asked.
     “Sad and confused why?” I asked.
     “How did Jack felt when he broke up with you,” he asked.
     “Based on his expression?” I asked.
     “Yes,” he answered.
     “Well, he wasn't sad nor confused he was just normal and emotionless as if nothing happened between us before,” I said tears brimming from my eyes.
     “Elsa, please don't cry I'm sorry I just wanted to know the reason why he had left you. Please stop crying,” he said and comforted me.
     “Wait, there I'll just, I'll be back. Anna comfort your sister,” he said.
     “Okay,”
Then Jaze went out and look for Jack and he spotted him seated on the stairs. He sat beside him and Jack didn't seem to notice it because he is thinking quite deeply. Then Jaze called him.
     “Jack,” he turned around and saw Jaze. “Jack, we need to talk,” he said.
     “Sure, well what is it?” he asked.
     “It's about Elsa, Jack,” he replied.
     “What about her?” he asked.
     “You said you love her, why did you let her go?” he asked. “And how did you felt when you left her, she said to me based on your emotions you felt nothing when you broke up with her,” he said.
     “I felt nothing at first because of I
thought she was too clingy and I felt suffocated by her. But then I realized I am not worthy of her love because I can't love her the way I was used to, so I broke up with her. “As years have passed I started to really miss her badly and regret that I left her because she didn't really leave my mind and my heart, I know I was selfish and I only thought of myself. Now that she's gone I'm really so mad at myself that I have let her go, I stupid back then,” he said. “Everyday I thought about her and each time I thought about her I was repenting that I have hurt her because no matter how I tried to forget her she still vivid my mind. No matter how many times I tried. I can't forget her, because I still love her.” he then said.
     “Oh, Jack I'm sorry to hear that,” he said.
     “So will you let go of Elsa?” he asked.
     “No, I love her and I need her I do not wish to hurt her just you did,” he said. You know Jack she deserves to be loved and not be hurt.” he said and go to Elsa's room.
     “Oh, Jaze where have you been, ”I asked.
     “Just outside to get some air. “Come on, I'll take you and Anna home,” he said. “Oh wait can you walk?” he asked.
     “Yes, I can,” I  answered.
When I stood up my legs wobbled and I  lost my balance. He saw me and rushed to me.
     “Elsa, are you okay?” he asked helping me up. “Are sure you can walk.“ I can just carry on my back, ”he said.
     “Are you sure?” I asked. “I'm quite heavy,” I said.
     “I'm sure,” he answered and put me on his back and carried to the car.
     “Jaze, am I'm not heavy,” I  asked.
     “I'm okay, I can carry you besides you aren't that heavy,” he said to me.
So Jaze carried me all the way to his car and he got me in and put my seatbelt on. Then Anna went in, he started to drive us home.
When I  and Anna got home. Jaze stopped the car Anna got down first and Jaze looked at me beside him and I fell asleep. Maybe because she's tired. He didn't want to wake her.
So he carried her to the house.
     “Anna, where is Elsa's room,” he whispered. Trying to not wake her up.
     “It's the door to the left upstairs,” she said.
     “Okay,” he said and nodded.
So Jaze went to Elsa's room and lay her in bed.
     “There you go sweetie, he said. “I hope you get better soon,” he said leaving the room.
     “Jaze,” I called fluttering my eyes open.
     “Oh, you're awake how are you feeling?”
    “I'm fine,”
     “Well that's good to hear, he said leaving the room.
     Don't go, can you just stay here with me?” I asked.
     “Sure if you want that I'll stay with you,” he said.
     “Jaze come here,” I tapped on the bed.
Jaze sat on my bed beside me
     “Elsa,” he said. “I want to kiss you,” he said. “May I?” he asked.
      “Of course you may do so,” I said smiling at him.
So he went closer and closer until he closes the gap between us by placing his lips on mine and kissed me. He can feel me smiling while he was kissing me. Moments later we pulled away.
     “Can you do it again?” I asked.
     “Okay,” he said and went near to kiss me he close the gap between us and kissed me. Moments later I pulled away. He lay beside me.
     “Elsa, I love you,” he then said. I begin to cry.
     “Crying,” in his tone worried. “Did I do something wrong again? he asked.
     “No, it's just that?”
     “What?”
     “Because I never heard Jack said it to me before, yes he loves me but I never felt actually love him. It hurts, that he left me like that. I've loved him but he threw me away and I never know why?”
     “Don't worry about it. Just remember I'm here, to love you. I will not let anyone hurt you. I can promise you that. Now come here. I'll give you a hug. He hugged me tightly.
     “Thank you Jaze, I whispered in his ear.
     “Sweetie, I love you,” he said and kissed my lips.
     “I love you too,” I said smiling at him.
     “My sweet, I have to go now,” he said.
     “Where are you going?” I asked.
     “Home,” he said.
     “How about you stay here,” I then suggested.
     I'd love to but, I can't besides your sister get the wrong idea if I stay here don't worry I'll call you,” he said and peck my lips. Bye,” he said and went out of my room. “Feel better soon my sweet,” he said and smiled at me.
     “Okay, I will,” Bye,” I said waved goodbye to him.
So Jaze went home and his brother greeted him.
     “Jaze, he said. “Where have you been,”
     “I visited Elsa at the hospital earlier,” he replied.
      “Why, is she sick?” he asked worriedly.
    “No, she fell from a ladder,”
    “Did you save her?” he asked.
     “No, because I was not there, I'm at the mall that time.
     “What were you doing there?” he asked.
     “I bought Elsa a ring,” he said.
     “You're going to propose to her,”
     “Yes, but if she chose me to have her. I want to marry her,” he said. “But now is not the time for it. Because I know that she will break up with me to sort out her thoughts. “But I can still wait for her.” he said because when you love someone you are willing to do anything for the one you love,” he replied.
     “Jaze, you really love Elsa don't you?”
     “Yes, I love her so much, I will do anything for her just to make her happy,” he said. “Even if it means I will give up my own happiness just to make her happy.”
     “You are really something Jaze, not all men can be like you.”
     “You can.”
     “Hey don't say that I'm different from you.”
     “Actually you're right.”
     “Come, on let's eat dinner and go to bed.” his brother said.
     “Okay,” he said and smiled.
So they are dinner and brushed their teeth and went to bed.