Chapter10-Both hurting

Jack and Maddison saw Jaze and Elsa
      “Ah Jack I didn't know you're here,” I said. “What a coincidence to see you two here,” Jaze awkwardly said.
     “Yeah, you too,” they responded.
     “But Jack what are you doing here? “Are you still following Elsa is that why you're here?" he asked.
     “No, I'm not I'm here for a blind date.”
     “Oh, is that so?” he asked.
     “Jaze meet Maddison Crystal my date.”
     “It's been a while Jaze,” Maddie said.
     “Yeah, it's been a while, excuse me for a moment,”
     “I like you to meet Elsa my girlfriend.” he then put his hand on my shoulder and continued. I responded and hold his hand.
     “Ah, so Jack and Maddie well go ahead.”
     “Okay,” they said.
Then I and Jaze left the store.
     “Jaze it hurts,” I said and cried in his arms.
     “I know it's hurting me too, to see her with someone else. But we need to forget about them,” he said.
     “Yeah, you're right. It’s the best way we can do for ourselves.”
     “Come on I'll take you to a place I know so that you can forget him,” he said.
     “Okay,” I said wiped my tears.
     “Come on, get in.”I then got in the car and Jaze closed the door for me.
     “Jaze where are we going?”
    “To a place where you can forget all the troubles,” he said.
     “Where is that place you speak of?”I asked.
    “Let's go to my house. I want to show you something,”
     “Okay, let's go,”
     “Stay there, I'll go get the car.
     “Okay,” I said and nodded.
While I was waiting for Jaze to arrive she sat on a nearby bench. Then Jack came and sat beside me but I didn't notice it because I was lost in thought.
     “Elsa, are you okay,”
he asked.
When I heard his voice I feel a little panic tension rise up of me.
     “Y-yeah,” I stuttered.
     “Are you sure you're okay?” he asked with concern lased in his voice.
     “Yes,”
     “Wait are you jealous?” he asked.
     “No, why would I be, we broke up years ago. But inside I'm hurting because even though he had left me I still love him until now. “So, I bet Maddie is your girlfriend now right?” I said as I gave a fake smile.
     “I'm just dating her, there's nothing between us because how can I move on from you when I know I still love you and I know you still love me but why are you hiding your feelings from me?” he said.
     “Jack, I want to love you I really do but I just can't because you've hurt me I can't trust you anymore and I have someone else and you too have someone else. “Jack, just go back to Maddie I'm sure she’s waiting for you inside,”
     “But Elsa”
     “Just go.”
Then Jaze arrives and called me.
     “Elsa wait,”
He handed a piece of paper to me.
     “Jack what's this,”
    “Just read it when you arrive home.”
     “Okay,” I said and put the paper in my pocket.
     “Elsa sweetie you coming,”
Jaze then opened the car door for me.
Then I got in and Jaze started to drive so we took off.
    “Elsa he started by asking. “Something wrong?”
     “Huh? yeah, I'm fine it's just that Jack gave me this piece of paper,"
     “Oh, have you read it yet?” he asked.
     “No,”
     “It's better not to be a love note saying he wants you back,”
    “Why?”
      “Because I love you and I don't want to lose you,” he said and kissed my lips. I blushed for a minute but it soon faded away.
    “Aww your blushing,” he said.
    “No, I'm not I said a little embarrassed.
     “Don't be embarrassed sweetie you look cute,” he said and patted my head.
     “Jaze, are we near,” I asked changing the subject.
     “Yes, we're nearly there,” he said.
     “Now, Els my brother James is here and if he saw you he will get all excited so better prepare yourself,” he said.
     “Okay,” I nodded.
Then I entered the house and his brother came so excited to meet me.
     “Jaze, I didn't know you would bring Elsa here,” James said a little surprised.

     “She said she needs a quiet place to think,” he answered.
     “Yeah,”Jaze said he'll bring me to the rooftop.
     “Rooftop?” he asked.
     “Yes, so I can think things through,” I replied.
     “Why did something unexpected happen?” he asked out curiously.
     “You may say that,” his brother said.
     “Well, I saw him again,”
    “And I saw Maddie again,”
     “So how was it?” his brother asked him.
      “Oh, you mean the date?” he asked.
      “It was going fine till they showed up being together. Ugh. We can't stand it so to ease the pain we just left the place.”
     “Oh, I see,”
     “Come on, Els I want to show you something,” he said and grabbed my hand heading upstairs.
     “Jaze, where are you taking me?”
     “I want to show you something.”
I and Jaze went to the rooftop.
When they went up they sit on the bench and look up into the dark sky and there were stars everywhere.
    “Elsa,” he called.
     “Yes?”
     “No, nevermind,”
     “Ah, come on, what is it?”
      “You are my light, between the darkness, and you also are my world, he said and look at me.
His gaze left me spellbound. Then he went closer and closer to me and I started leaning in as well. Now our faces were inches from each other. He closed the gap between us. By placing his lips on mine. We were like that for a while. Then we pulled away.
     “Look up,” he said. “As many as the stars are there's only one you,” he said smiling at me.
     “Awe, your so sweet Jaze.”
His warm smile can enlighten me. And forget everything but why do I feel sad when I see him. Ah, Jaze, what will I do with you.
     “Jaze,”
     “Yes?” he said and look at me.
     “Can you take me home,” I said and yawned.
     “Why is my Elsa tired,” he said teasing me.
     “Yes, I am and I promised Anna, I will help her with her writing. “Oh, no I forgot about her. “I'm sure she will freak out at me for forgetting about it,” I said.
     “No, Elsa I take too much of your time so let me explain it to Anna,” he said and gave a reassuring smile.
     “Are you sure?”I said a little bit worried.
     “Don't worry about a thing. I'll handle it for you,” he said pecked my lips. "Now come on, I'll take you home,” he said.
     “Okay,” I answered.
     “I'll get the car wait there for a second.”
I nodded and Jaze got the car and drove it towards me.
     “Are you leaving already?”James asked running to me.
     “Yes, I have to, but don't worry next time I'll bring my sister with me when I visit here.”
     “Okay, make sure you come back I will make you a meal next time,” he said.
     “Okay,” I answered.
Then Jaze got the car and drove it towards me.
     “Get in,” he said opened the car door.
I got in and he started driving to her house. Minutes later I was home and Anna came out of the house and headed outside and walk towards them.
I and Jaze walked towards her with our hands together.
     “Where have you been Elsa you were supposed to help me with my writing,” she demanded.
     “I'm sorry Anna I guess I forgot about that,” I replied.
      “Anna, it's my fault, it's not Elsa’s fault, I spend to much time with her I'm sorry I forgot that she has a sister waiting for her at home,” he said. “Anna, I apologize for sister's sake please don't get mad at your sister she loves you, Anna," he said.
When Anna heard those words her anger pacified. Feeling calm she said.
     “It’s okay, Elsa I'm not angry anymore.”
     “Well, glad you two are friends again,” Jaze said.
     “Yeah,” I said.
     “Anna, why you go in first I have something to say to Jaze,” I replied.
     “Okay, but follow after okay,” Anna says leaving the two alone.
     “Okay, I'll follow once I'm done talking to him.
     “Alright,” she said and went in.
Then Anna left the two alone.
     “Thank you Jaze for explaining it to my sister,” I then said.
     “It's nothing sweetie,” he said. Well I better head home now,” he replied.
      “Okay,” I said and kissed his lips, bye I'll see you tomorrow,” I said.
     “Okay, see you,” he replied and drove off.

I went inside the house and looked for Anna, and I found Anna in my room sitting on the bed I was thinking, she then went inside her sister's room asked.
      “Anna, what are you writing,” I asked.
     “I’m writing to many stuff that isn’t supposed to be where there's a lot going on in my mind and I don't know how to express them by writing. Ahh, I can't get it right,” she screamed frustrated.
     “Don't worry Anna I will help you with your writing,” I said and gave a reassuring smile.
     “Oh, right, what are you and Jaze doing all this time,” she asked a bit curious and excited.
     “Well, to be honest, Jaze is my boyfriend now,” her sister then said.
     “What really since when?” she asked curiously.
     “Remember the time I said I’m coming home late because Jaze is going to take me somewhere.”
     “Yeah, I remember,” she answered.
     “That day he confessed that he liked me and gave me a necklace that belongs to her sister,” I said. “At first I refused because it’s her sister's necklace but he said his sister gave to him and he can give it to the girl he likes he said.
     “He gave it to you?” she asked.
     “Yes,” I nodded.
     “You know what? He didn't get mad at me for telling about you know and he said he’ll wait for me until I'm ready to love again. He also said that no matter what happens nothing will change between us,” I said.
     “But do you still love Jack?” she asked.
I didn't answer the question instead I dodge it by rambling on.
    “He also said that I can love Jack. He can wait.”
     “Wow! Jaze really loves you. Do you love him back?” she asked.
    “I’m starting to,” I said.
     “Elsa you just gave me an idea,” she said.
     “What's your idea, Anna?” I asked, laying on my bed.
      “I'll make a love story between the three of you. Yourself, Jack and Jaze.”   
     “Okay, but change our names,” said and smiled.
      “Elsa, I was thinking what if I use different pens for writing.”
     “You, know it’s easier to use one pen. Use the color black if you want I can give you my fountain pen.”
     “Okay, thanks, Elsa.”
I laid on her bed.
When Anna looked at her bed, she found me asleep. It reminds her of the times when they were still kids and they used to sleep together.
     “Jack, why did you do it? What did I do wrong for you to leave me this way?” I muttered as I sleep.
Anna notices her and decided to wake her up.
     “Elsa, wake up,” Anna started shaking her sister awake.
When I woke up I was breathing uncountably and there are sweat trickling down my forehead.
     “You dreamt of him again didn't you?” she asked with a concerned voice.
     “Yeah, he keeps on hunting me in my sleep,” I said and a tear fell from my eye.
     “Are you crying?” she asked.
I touched my face and I can feel the tears streaming down my face.
     “I didn't know I was crying. What's wrong with me?” I said.      “Anna, I'm going to my room now, just keep on writing I'll check them later okay,” I continued feeling a bit tried.
     “Get some rest,” she replied.
     “Anna, I will,” I answered.
I went out of my sister's room and headed to the storage room down the basement. I took out a box the is filled with Jack's pictures then I remembered the letter Jack gave her. I pulled the letter out of her pocket and unfold it. There's a poem.

‘My Snowflake’
My snowflake is pretty as the sky
My snowflake is beautiful as she is passing by.
My snowflake can brighten up my day.
And can make the dark clouds go away.
My snowflake that I have left before
I so regret leaving you alone.
Now I'm suffering from what I have done.
For the past, I know it can never be undone.
But my love for you it will always be the same.
For now and Always.
Jack your Frosty.

After I read that all the memories of me and his flooded back to my mind and I don't like it, it gives me a headache. I don't know what to do I don't know what I must follow. My mind or my heart.
     “My mind is saying don’t do it because you might get hurt again on top that Jaze who is loving me will be hurt and I don't want that. On the other hand, my heart is saying that I should give him another chance because I still love him. But he has hurt me once he can do it again if I love him again. I'm confused right now. What do I do?”I said walking around the storage room. After I was done thinking it through I head to my room to sit and think. After she thinks I went to my bed to rest so she lay in her bed so that my headache will go away.