A Simple Melody ♬ Chapter Forty-Seven - Willow Tree

Magsimula sa umpisa

          I kept my mouth shut, agreeing with silence. How has it bothered me?

          “I am perfectly fine with your background, Train. I know everyone always imagined to have the perfect partner, the partner who has cash, a happy family, a good future, good education and all that stuff, but why does it matter so much if the heart is all wrong?” I said as I nervously played with my fingers.

          “I am all wrong.” Train said sadly. “I’ve done crazy amount of mistakes, relationships never ended well, it was hard to be accepted by anyone when you can’t even say hi. I just feel like something is wrong with me, and that’s why people leave. I know that my family obviously didn’t crash into a car just to get away from me, but still, the feeling is there, it’s like I’m not meant to be with someone, either that, or I’m not meant to feel…I dunno, happy when I’m around people.”

          “Do you think that God would be that cruel?” I swallowed. “I know, I get it, you need some time, and if time is all you need then feel free to have all the time you want. But Train, you have to know that even though I don’t know who your previous girlfriends were, I know that I’m nothing like that.”

          Now it was his turn to be quiet.

          “I’m not the perfect guy.” He mumbled. “That’s what they all said. I was either too poor or too quiet, or I was not enough to meet their needs and standards. I don’t know if you feel the same way, Des.”

          “I never asked for the perfect boyfriend.” I said soothingly. “There is no such thing as the perfect guy, it’s like how I can never be the perfect girl. As much as we’d like to be flawless, we can’t, it’s human nature, we’re born imperfect and we can’t change that. What we can change though, is to learn how to accept the fact that one way or another we’re going to make mistakes, they can be silly, they can be serious, but we learn from our mistakes, and that’s what makes us stronger.”

          The wind blew towards us as I resisted the urge to tug onto my messy hair that was probably flying all over the place. Loose leaves departed from trees and landed soundlessly onto the ground. Birds formed shapes as they flew across the clear blue skies.

          “Do you have faith in me?” Train asked softly. “After all that messing up?”

          “The question is do you have faith in yourself?” I tapped his shoulder with a smile. “If I didn’t believe in you would I have gone on with this relationship in the first place?”

          “Guess not.” He said briskly.

          “Train, don’t worry about it anymore. I’ll never walk away from you, I’m not going to leave you. So maybe other girls don’t like the way you communicate, maybe they think you’re not good enough to meet their prohibitive standards, but who cares? I like the way you get excited when you see bubbles, I like how you pick up the phone in the morning, I like how you have such tight relationships with your friends, and I love your friends, I love the way you scratch your head whenever you’re stuck on a difficult question, I love how you’re never distracted when you’re with your guitar, I love your hair, eyes, everything. And I love you best when you’re being yourself.” I breathed as I mellowed down. “I don’t want you to change or try so hard to change and I don’t want you to try at all. You are imperfectly perfect.”

          “Des…”

          “I know you probably never heard anyone say all these before, but Train, really, I meant all those.” I blushed slightly. “And I love you.”

          He shut his eyes and thought for a moment before opening them again, revealing those beautiful shades of blue.

          “That was my line.” He smiled suddenly which made my heart flutter.

          I sighed and chuckled. If only he knew how his smile could brighten the entire world for me.

          “You’ll never leave me?” he asked.

          “Believe in me.” I said. “I promise that I’ll never leave you, please promise me that you’ll never leave me again too.”

          Our eyes locked and I grinned when he nodded. I took one step closer towards him and gave him a warm hug, only to realize how much I missed him.

          “I missed you Train.” I muffled as I buried myself deeper into his embrace, and a moment later, feeling his chin resting on top of my head.

          “I know, I’m a moron for leaving you hanging.” He said with regret in his voice.

          “Well, at least my moron is back.” I stifled a giggle as I felt him smile. I held on to him tighter when I felt him loosening his grasp.

          “How long?” he asked.

        “Just a little while longer.” I replied, not wanting this moment to end. “I love you.”

          “I love you more.” He whispered as I made no attempt to pull back that ridiculous wide grin that was spreading across my face.

         Train must’ve realized my grin as he began laughing which made my grin bigger, not that it wasn’t big enough already. And that was how it was for the entire morning. Nothing seems more important at that point.

          My eyes popped when I remembered that the guys were waiting for us back in the band house to get going with our practice, but I had merely shrugged that thought away. Train and I are in an important meeting now. Besides, the guys will understand, won’t they?