5.1 Fear

PART 5

Travelling around Europe with Fury was not what you could call a holiday trip. Every two days we were in a different city; Paris, Rome, Oslo, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Brussels, Berlin... We found a multitude of refuged HYDRA members. We spent two whole months there. I wasn't allowed to have any contacts with my dad, Steve or Natasha. Fury said that what we were doing was forbidden and illegal, not that it ever bothered him or me.

Finally coming back to New York was the best feeling. Natasha was still away and Steve and Sam were in Russia searching for Bucky. I sometimes received messages from Steve, once or twice a month.

You got two black eyes from loving too hard

And a black car that matches your blackest soul I wouldn't change, ohohohoh

I was working on new blades in my lab. I had this idea of making knives that could contain the energy I absorbed. I struggled to find batteries powerful enough, so I prefered making my owns. Since S.H.I.E.L.D. ended, I had no place to work, so dad gave me a lab in the Avengers Tower.
I basically spent my days in it, I put music on and worked all day. I loved doing this, it emptied my mind and kept me focus on something else than knowing that Steve is in constant danger.

Swimming pools under desert skies, drinking white wine in the blushing light

I was too busy singing to see that the battery I was working on was overcharging and started smoking. Small flames appeared on top of it. My first reflex was to take my soda, next to me, and pour it on the flamming battery.

"Stella, always playing with fire." I heard a familiar voice behind me. I didn't want to turned around, afraid I could be disappointed. I gasped when I saw that I wasn't dreaming. I ran to him ans wrapped my arms around his neck. "Steve!"

"Surprise" He smiled as he enfolded my waist with his arms. I was happy to see that nothing changed about him, same blue eyes, same dirty blond hair, same magnetic smile. He leaned and lightly pressed his lips against mine. Same lips, same taste. I smiled and kissed him back. I broke the kiss and put my hands on his chest.

"I missed you"

"I missed you too" He roughly pulled me and pressed me harder on him. I kissed him again and tangled my fingers in his hair. This time he broke the kiss and went to get something in his backpack he left near the door. He came back with a small metal box in his hands. He handed it to me without saying a word. I opened the box and saw a beautiful dagger with a waved blade and a marble handle. On the edge of the blade Necroblade was written in gold.

"Happy birthday" He said so quietly that I nearly heard. "I know it's probably not a very handy in a fight b-"

"It's beautiful, Steve. Thank you" I put the dagger back in the box and kissed on the cheek.

"It's from Moscow." He said with a smirk.

We stayed, standing without saying anything, just staring in each other's eyes, for long minutes.

"Did you find him?" He waited before replying like he had to think about an answer.

"I have some tracks... Not much..." He looked at his watch and suddenly the emotion on his faced shifted.

"I nearly forgot. You should go prepare. I'm taking you out." He winked.

"What!? You don't like my outfit." I said exposing my grey sweatpants and my old Ramones tank top. He laughed and walked out of the lab.