1.4 Drunk & sick

Pepper and dad came back few days after me. Dad sent me back home before me, he didn't want me to see the man who attacked him. I was worried about my father. Was the press right? did my father's technology become a danger? Furthermore, I knew that something was up with my dad. There was something that he didn't tell me, and I was going to find out what it was.

James and I were watching a movie on the sofa. More important, dad wasn't here, he would kill me and then James if he knew that he was here.

"I love you, you know that, right?" I said out of the blue.

"Of course I know it. I love you too"

"I really thought I was going to die out there" I never said that to anyone. I was acting like I had everything under control, back in Monaco. I didn't know what I was doing. I follow my dumb instinct.

"I know, you scared me to death. But, hey, you were amazing you saved your father's life and well, yours too" He kissed me on the forehead and wrapped his arms around me.

"Mr McGeorge, Mr Stark specifically said that you were not allowed in his house anymore." Natalie said as she entered the living room. She entered with Pepper by her side. Pepper winked at me and James, telling us not to move.

"Um... Natalie, wasn't today supposed to be your day off?"

"Since the incident at Monaco, the press won't stop calling. I can't allow myself a day off"

"Would you put on the news, love?" Pepper gently asked me. James sighed as they sat down around the table, next to us.

...but his continuing erratic behaviour may lead many people to ask themselves: can this man still protect us?

"Where is he?" They all turned around to see you just said that. But I already knew that voice. It was Rhodey.

"He doesn't want to be disturbed"

"He's downstairs" Pepper and Natalie said at the same time.

"What's going on? Is it important?" I ran to Rhodes.

"Don't worry about it, Stella" I didn't listen to him and followed him down to my father's lab. Dad was looking at the man who attacked him, his name was Ivan Vanko, a Russian physicist.

"Tony! You need to go upstairs and get this shit together. They're gonna take everything, the suits everything! You said that nobody was going to have this technology for 20 years and guess what? Someone had it a week ago!" Rhodey yelled. Dad's eyes were watering and his look was empty.

"Dad?"

"Tony?"

"Let's go" he mumbled.

What was wrong with him? He looked so sick and tired. He moved from his seat, stood up for a second but immediately collapse.

"Dad!" I ran up to him to help him up. Rhodey followed me and took his other arm.

"Go upstairs!" My father grunted at me.

"But dad I-"

"Stella! Upstairs!"

I didn't say anything and obeyed. I passed the living room. Pepper was still on the phone and James was on the sofa, talking to Natalie.

"Natalie you can dismiss, I'll take care of the rest" I dictated.

"Ms Stark, Mr Stark t-"

"Mr Stark isn't in his normal state of mind. As I told you, you can dismiss" She took her gear and left the house. I walked to James and took his hands. "I'm sorry about our perfect movie night. Promise next time we'll go to your place" I smiled.

"I guess I also have to leave" I didn't respond anything and just bumped my head on his chest. He kissed me and also left. I crashed on the sofa.

"Stella, what's wrong?" Pepper nicely asked as she sat next to me.

"You know what's wrong. I don't know what's up with dad. He just fell on the floor for no reason, he looks so sick"

"Whatever problem he has, I'm sure that he has it under control" Pepper never was a good liar. Even if I knew that she was lying, I tried to convince myself that what she said was true.

Tony P.O.V.

Toxicity level: 88%

It was getting worst everyday. I watched my chest in the mirror. The black rashes multiplied around my heart. I had to tell Stella and Pepper.

"Do you know what shirt you're going to wear?" Natalie was behind.

"I'll give them a look" She moved to the bar to make me a drink. I sat in an armchair next to me. Natalie sat on one of the armrests. I scrutinized her.

This was going to be my last birthday party. I saw a picture of Stella in a frame. She was seven, I offered her, her first real microscope. She had two messy pigtails and many of her teeth were missing. She was so happy. I realized how she never really changed, she always stayed my little girl.

"Natalie? Hypothetically, if it was your last birthday, how would you celebrate it?"

"Hypothetically, I would celebrate by doing whatever I want, with whoever I want"

***

Getting myself drunk was the best idea I had. The DJ was playing awesome music and I was dancing in front of everyone. A super hot blond was right in front of me. I don't think I ever saw her before, but I'm sure I'll bang her later.

I saw Pepper in the crowd, with Stella and Rhodey. For some reason, she didn't seem really happy. I ignored it and continued dancing.

"Stop the music, stop the music for a second. How is everyone doing?" I made few jokes before Stella joined me on stage.

"AaaAAaA, Stella! Hey everyone this is my beautiful daughter! She's dating an idiot but I love her"

"Okay, okay dad" She took the microphone out of my hands. "What a wonderful party! Thank you, dad. But we're now going to say goodnight. Thank you all for coming" The crowd whined. Rhodey and Pepper were there. They both nodded.

"No, no not now. We didn't have the cake yet, I didn't blow out my candles" I whispered.

"Promise you'll have cake if you send everybody home"

"Promise?"

"Promise" I slowly gave him the mic.

"My daughter Stella Stark, everybody! But she's right, the party's over... BUT THE AFTER-PARTY STARTS IN 5 MINUTES!" Stella ran off stage, to Pepper and Rhodey.

I stayed on the stage, the hot blond threw bottles in the air that I exploded right after. At every bottle that exploded in the air, everybody shouted.

"I will only say it once. Get out!" Rhodey had put on a suit. The gests all ran away, leaving me, Rhodey and the DJ in the living room.

"Hey DJ put Another One Bits A Dust. I'm going to beat my buddy's ass up" I laughed.

I turned around and shot him right in the chest. He went through the walls of the sauna and landed in the training room.

"Sorry pal, but Iron Man doesn't have a sidekick."

"Sidekick this!" Rhodes stood up and hit me with a dumbbell. We crashed into the living room. Dozens of people were still there. Rhodey was K.O. on the table.

"Did you get enough?" I asked. I turned around and saw Stella in another Iron Man suit.

"I don't know did you?"

"You wouldn't dare to hit your old man, would you?" She didn't clearly answer but I took the blast in the head as yes. I went through a glass door and everything went black.