1.6 New Element

We came back to my father's lab and rebuilt the model. The only thing that we could see was a dusty 1974 model of the Stark Expo.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. could you make a digital wireframe? I need a manipulable projection" My father asked. J.A.R.V.I.S. scanned the model and a digital copy of it appeared in the air.

"What do you see?" my father asked me.

"Not unlike an atom. Which means that this is the nucleus" I pointed out the main sphere that was in the middle "J.A.R.V.I.S. could you highlight the Unisphere?"

"Lose the footpaths, parking lots, entrances, trees..." my father added.

"What are you trying to achieve, sir?"

"We're rediscovering a new element" I answered.

"Structure the protons and the neutrons by using the pavilions as a framework" dad continued. The only thing left that was floating was a blue sphere. Dad expended it and now dozens of interconnected smaller spheres encompassed us.

"This is it! Dad, this is the new element!" I jumped around in the lab like a kid.

"Dead for almost twenty years and you're still taking me to school" Dad mumbled before laughing and chanting with me. I hugged him and suddenly I felt good again. The fear of losing him flew away in an instant. I ran to the computer to see the recorded data on this new element.

"It should work as a replacement for palladium." I shouted.

"Unfortunately it is impossible to synthesis..." J.A.R.V.I.S. added. My father looked at me and smiled. He stood up and took a huge hammer.

"Get ready for a major remodel! We're back on hardware mode!" He shouted before hitting a wall with his hammer.

We spent the day draining wholes and remodelling the whole electric system. As the new element's atomic structure was similar to the palladium's, we had the idea of submitting a high level of temperature and energy to a piece of palladium.

"Are you crazy? A particle accelerator here?"

"Come on why not? You're the expert in quantum physics, right? Is there another way to synthesise or change the atomic structure of an atom?"

"No, of course not..." I didn't resist and followed his instructions and we built a particle accelerator in my dad's workshop.

A few hours later, a long, massive metallic tube was dividing the room.

"So we'll let two beams of light collide and be refracted by this glass prism. The final and third beam will be stronger and will hit the arc reactor" My dad pointed out a small triangle of palladium. We put protective glasses and flip on the switch. The two beams of light did collide and did create a third beam. Dad steered this third beam, using a wrench. The light beam destructed the walls and pretty much everything as it progressed near the palladium triangle. It was getting harder for my father to steer the beam but it finally hit the arc reactor. It became blue and was shining.

"Congratulation, you have created a new element" J.A.R.V.I.S announced. Dad didn't move and looked at his creation. I moved forward to have a closer look at it. The light that came out of the tiny triangle was blinding. I moved my hand closer. As soon as the tip of my finger touched the piece of metal, I felt pure energy flooding my veins. I could feel my pupils dilating and every hair on my body standing erect. The rush ended and I collapsed on the floor. Everything went black, the only thing that I could remember was my father shouting my name.

***

It took some time for me to understand where I was. I was on a sofa in my dad's lab. My tongue felt numb. It was difficult to move my fingers. After few minutes I could finally move my legs and arms. I sat on the side of the sofa. As I stretched the lights around me shot down.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. what's going on?"

"It looks like the power went out for unknown reasons."

"What happened?" I asked

"You underwent a strong dose of energy. You were unconscious for three and a half hours. Don't worry miss, you seem totally fine" I did feel fine. Everything around me was moving faster and it seemed like all of my senses enhanced. I went upstairs. The house was empty. It was dark outside already. The power was still out. When I arrived in the living room something tickled my nose and I sneezed. All of the lights around me turned on and the TV blared.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. cut it off!" What was happening? My hands were shaking. I moved to a lamp next to me. I put my hands on the light bulb and the light went off. My hands war hotter and the tips of my fingers were sparkling. "Did you run tests?"

"Yes, miss. Everything was fine" I put my hand on the light bulb again and the light went back on. My hand stopped trembling and my fingers went back to normal. Was this my new thing? Controlling light?

"Let's run some other tests!"

I went back to my dad's workshop. Surprisingly, all of my vital signs were normal. Nothing looked out of the box...

"Miss, I think I found something"J.A.R.V.I.S. finally said. "You seem healthier now than when a few weeks ago"

"How so?"

"It looks like your body completely regenerated. At a microscopic level, I can see that your cells have changed. They seem to react when you're closed to an energy source." J.A.R.V.I.S. continued testing the newly acquired abilities of my cells. "The microscopic electromagnetic field around your cells had dramatically increased. It looks like they may be able to absorb and release energy."

"So I absorb and release energy?"

I bent down to touch a wall plug. As expected, my hand ticked and the tip of my finger gleamed. I stood up. Concentrated and tried to let out the energy. A blue beam came out from the palm of my hand and hit the wall in front of me, leaving a smoking hole.

I went back to the living room. The lights were back on. I turned on the TV.

Breaking News: Attack at stark Expo. Justin Hammer's prototypes are now fighting against Iron man. Many of them are also attacking civilians.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. why didn't you tell me?"

"Your father didn't want you to know"

"Is there anything else I shouldn't know?"

"Miss, Mr Stark forb-"

"Mr Stark is going to get himself killed if you keep hiding things from me!"

"Ivan Vanko called. He is in Manhattan but we don't know exactly where."

I ran to my room and took some daggers and knives. I put on an earpiece, a legging and a sweatshirt. I ran to the garage, entered a car and drove as fast as the car could.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. give me dad's coordinates."

"Right away" The GPS turned on and directed me to dad's position.

***

THANK YOU FOR 100 READS!!! I know it's not a lot but it really warms my heart to know people are reading my story.

I'll keep updating.

Keep reading and enjoying the story. Don't forget to comment and vote