2.1 Avengers Initiative

PART 2

"Agent Romanoff already went to India to go getting Dr. Banner. I talked to Rogers. The only one left is your father, Agent Stark." Fury told me as we walked through the halls of S.H.I.E.L.D. He handed me files.
"Agent Stark, it's imperative that we found Loki and the Tesseract." Fury's face got even more serious. "You'll go with Agent Coulson." A small man came to us with a little smile on his face. I recognized him. He was with Fury last year when he first talked to me about the Avengers Initiative.

I looked through the documents that Fury gave me. Apparently, the Tesseract was an alien energy source, first used in 1944 by Johann Schmidt during the second World War.
"We met before. I don't know if you remember." Agent Coulson shyly said to break the awkward silence.
"You trapped me, and my father in our own house, how could I forget?" I warmly responded.

"I'm sorry, I just obeyed orders" A black car was waiting for us in front of the building. "I'm a big fan." He told me.

"Twenty-two, specialized in quantum physics, graduated from Harvard, I wish my sons were like you" He looked all excited, his smile grew bigger and wider. When we were five minutes away from my dad's Tower, Agent Coulson tried to call my dad.

"He will never answer if you call him like that, he will probably ask JARVIS to block you out" I took my laptop and overrode JARVIS protocols.

"Try now." I ordered. We went from the car to the elevator.

"Mr. Stark, we need to talk." Coulson started.
"You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark. Please leave a message" My dad answered. We entered the tower. I took the phone out of Coulson's hands.
"Dad it's urgent, stop fucking around!"

"Honey, how are you dear? I'm kinda having a moment r-" The elevator doors opened before he could finish his sentence. I hung up the phone.

"Stella, Phil! Come in." Pepper greeted us. I missed her. Her blond hair grew longer since the last time I saw her. I could see my dad rolling his eyes.
"I can't stay" Coulson responded.
"I can" I said as I walked to Pepper. I hugged her and looked at my dad.
"I never interrupt you when you're with your little douchebag boyfriend." He whispered.

"Sure" I smiled back and handed him the files. "We need to look over this as soon as possible."

"Is it about the Avengers Initiative?" Pepper said with excitement. Coulson suddenly looked disturbed.
"Which I know nothing about." She immediately added.
"Ms. Stark." My dad called.
"It's actually agent now." I sassed.
"I'll never reduce my daughter to 'agent'". No offence pal." He winked at Coulson. He continued "I was alone with Pepper, with champagne, having a good moment. Do you realised you and your little friend just ruined everything?"
"Dad it's much more important than that." I opened the files and connected to the computer. Many slides appeared in the air. When Pepper saw all the slides, she walked to dad.

"I'm going to take the jet to DC tonight. You two have a lot of work" My dad's face decomposed as he saw Pepper walking away.
"But we were having a moment. I'll feel very lonely..." he whined.
"Tony... Stella will stay with you. And well... when you've finished..." She leaned forward and started whispering into my dad's ear. Coulson and I looked away, trying to make like we didn't hear what Pepper was saying. When she was over, Pepper walked into the lift with Coulson.

"Come on dad, you're with me. We didn't have a father-daughter time for a while." He looked at me and smiled. I missed my dad. After the incident, last year, I went to work with Nick Fury, in DC. I saw him for Christmas, but I missed working with him as we did back in the day.

I went through the files of all the Avengers. Clint Barton never misses. Steve Rogers (aka Captain America): American legend. Natasha Romanoff (aka Black Widow): super spy. Bruce Banner (aka the Hulk): big green giant. Anthony Stark, Iron man. And finally my file; Stella Stark (aka Necroblade)
My dad and I worked all night on this. We learned everything there was on the Tesseract and Loki. I remembered some old tales I used to read when I was ten. He and his brother, Thor, are demi-gods from Asgard.

I went in the basement to get grandpa's old notebooks. I remembered he worked on the Tesseract during the second World War.

At something like three in the morning, I sat on the sofa reading some documents written by Dr. Bruce Banner, on gamma radiations. Dad was focused on his work. He was studying the Tesseract for hours. I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket.

N. F.: ship. now.

"We need to go." I ordered as I stood up. Dad was stuck in his studies and didn't react. I slammed my papers on the coffee table in front of me. He whimpered because of the noise and turned. "We. Need. To. Go. Fury's orders" I repeated.
"Since when do you take orders from Fury." He smirked.
"Since people call me Agent."

***

My dad and I landed on a platform on the ocean. We both went out of the helicopter and I led my father inside. The main room was filled with computer screens and workers. Fury was at the end of the room talking to Agent Hill. He turned around like he felt our presence.
"Agent Stark, Mr Stark, let me present you, Agent Hill." The woman walked towards us, handing out her hand.

"What did you learn about the Tesseract?" She asked.
"Nothing much, just that it's an alien infinite source of energy." My dad started. He continued explaining as he wandered around. I was too busy trying to understand the pieces of information on some of the computer screens.

Natasha arrived, followed by Rogers and Dr Banner. Their loud steps interrupted my dad's long explanation.
"Dr Banner, Rogers meet Mr Stark." Fury introduced my dad and turned to me with a smirk. "and Necrobade" I rolled my eyes. Since the incident with Vanko, last year people started calling me that. I didn't really mind, it was a pretty badass name, but it wasn't very serious next to The Legendary Captain America and Mr Big Green Guy. I waved and warmly smiled at them.

"Necroblade? Why?" Rogers asked. I felt like words were unnecessary so I took one of my knives out of my sleeve and threw it an inch away from his face. It seemed like Rogers stopped breathing as he saw the blade passing near his eye. I saw from the corner of my eye Fury and Natasha chuckling. I moved to Dr Banner and handed out my hand.

"Hi, Stella Stark. I'm a huge fan. I read all your documents. It's fascinating." I leaned forward and whispered. "I also love how you totally lose control and wreak everything."

"Agent Stark!" Fury yelled. "Dr Banner is here to help us find the Cube. And only for that!" I winked at Banner and sat down at the massive glass table that was standing down the stairs. My dad walked to Banner and whispered something like "Me too". I chuckled. He and Dr. Banner went to the laboratory after Fury ordered them to.

"Steve Rogers." Steve said politely. He took out my knife from the wall and observed it for a moment. I walked to him.

"Carbon fibre, steel blade. One of my favourites." I said with a smile as I took it from his hands

"Who taught you?"
"I did" Natasha walked to us. "Nice to see you again. I kinda missed you" She winked and hugged me. Her flamboyant hair was now all curly and she changed her secretary outfit for a slime black bodysuit.

"Nice to see you too" I responded as she walked away. I turned to Steve "I'd love to chat but we have a psycho alien to catch"

***