Chapter Seventeen- Warriors

"We're here," Isabel gasped breathlessly as she pulled up in a hidden clearing near the coast. "But stay alert, Camila. They're probably waiting for us and if they're close enough, they could easily kill her at any time."

Camila nodded as she got out of the car, but she still looked afraid. "I just hope we're not too late."

Isabel exited the car too and tentatively walked over to the edge of the clearing where it opened out, hiding herself in some bushes as she peered through them.

"Some people are moving along the dock," she reported. "One of them is that man that I saw that took Galen the first time when she fell. Another is a really pale woman with black hair and a long black dress and the last is a bald African-American man."

"Do they look dangerous?" Camila asked curiously.

"Yes. They're all armed with knives or swords." Isabel studied them for a few more minutes and added, "They're patrolling around a boat. But here's the good news: this woman keeps glancing over at one of the giant, abandoned sheds and then flashes a middle finger at it before walking over to it and yelling something at it. I can't hear it well, but I think... that might be where Galen is."

"Then let's go."

"Do you have the ninja stars? We can't go without those."

"I'll get them now."

"Be careful with them. You don't want to slice open your hand before we've even begun."

Camila dove back into the car and retrieved their large pouch.

"Wait!"

"What is it?"

Isabel lowered her voice to a whisper. "Two more men just appeared on the dock. And now... I think they're coming toward us." She drew back out of the bush and stretched a hand out to her girlfriend. "Hand me two of the stars. I may be able to take them out."

Shaking a bit, Camila took a deep breath and placed two of the dark silver weapons into Isabel's outstretched hand. Then she quickly turned to face her.

"Camila, if this alerts the others' attention, I may need you to fight them alone. You can use the ninja star ends as your knives."

The blonde recoiled in horror. "Why?" she gasped.

"Listen, I'll need to get Galen out of that place. I'll take a few more of these..." She took three more ninja stars from the pouch. "... to defend myself and to cut chains or ropes since she may be tied up again somehow."

"You gonna aim the other ones?"

"Yep. Hold these three for a moment." After handing them to her, Isabel leaned around and aimed one ninja star at one of the men.

I'm coming, Galen.

Then she threw it. It smashed into the throat of one of the men, sending him crashing to the ground. When the other one looked up, she let the other one fly as well, killing him top. Then she took the three ninja stars back from Camila.

It's time.

******************************************************************************************************************

They don't know how strong we are.

Johanna smiled as she watched Carlos and Juan struck down by Isabel at the top of the hill. She knew they were coming and she knew they would go after Galen And she would not let them get to her!

She called over to Lucas and Simon. "Boys, it's time to fight! Go!"

"And what will you be doing?" Lucas shot back.