19.Memorandium

"She broke her promise" Klaus mumbled as he took another swing from the bottle, "she said she'd never leave," he said handing it to Denise who took two gulps of the brown liquid.

"So did he, he said we had a chance that he and Calla were 'just' friends," she said her voice cracking

"And you believed him?" Klaus snorted taking the bottle back and drinking a few mouthfuls

"He seemed more trustworthy than you, no offense," she said looking at him

"None took" Klaus shrugged "everyone does it, Apollo just seems like prince charming and most people then ignore the fact that he has a nack of lying well. He'll tell you everything you want to hear just to get what he wants from you and once he's done he will throw you aside without a second thought." Klaus said his voice dripping with the bitterness he felt. Hos mind wondering back to how they had gotten here...

*rewind a few months before*

The term was about to begin and although Amber had not spoken to him or anyone else he was excited to see her when they got back, truth be told he had missed her terribly and could not wait to give her the good news that he and Apollo had mended their relationship.
He had been sitting on the couch watching a bad sitcom when his phone rang, thinking it was Amber he quickly picked up.

"Carebear," he said with joy
"Who knew you loved me that much" came the snarky remark from Cam.
"Oh its just you" Klaus said defeatedly "any news?"
"Not really, apparently she just up and vanished after being signed out from the hospital she was in, and get this the one who signed her out was her husband..." Cam said flipping through his file before he was rudely cut off
"Her what!!!!!" Klaus exclaimed "why did you not tell me she was married at the beginning Cam," he said harshly

"No one knew it was in a sealed record even her father seemed unaware, apparently they had eloped a year ago and the marriage never got annulled poor bastard was asking if I knew where he had taken her, safe to say the relations between him and his son-in-law are strained at best." Cam went on relaying his information back to Klaus.

"And who his he?" Klaus asked

"Her father" Cam replied the confusion clear in his voice

"No, you idiot the man she is married to" he hissed his anger getting the best of him

"Oh he goes by the name Kieran Reid an international businessman who has a wide variety of shares spread out into different industries, he comes from old money so if you are thinking of doing anything to him, I would warn you not to do it the Reids are quite powerful and are feared for a reason," Cam warned Klaus

"Fine, find what you can dig up on our friend Mr. Reid will you" Klaus sighed tiredly

"What do you want me to find?" Cam asked knowing too well what Klaus wanted him to do.

"Find out what he has to hide no one with that much power is ever faultless,"  he said grinding his teeth

"Yes sir," Cam said before Klaus hung up on him.
He was fuming, livid in fact who the hell was this Keiran character and what had he to do with Amber's sudden disappearance

*present*

Elsewhere Denise was steeling herself to face Apollo who just happened to have been completing his final project alone.

"Hey," she said shyly at the door.

"Hey Denny, what brings you all the way here," he asked that devilish smirk that always made her weak plastered on his face.

"I have a question," she said anxiously scratching her left palm lightly

"Okay and what would you like to know," he said putting down the sandpaper "and you can come in don't be standing in the doorway like you're afraid of me" he joked with a fond smile on his face

"What's going on between you and Calla?" She asked after sitting on one of the desks.

"What do you mean?" He asked his tone becoming dangerously calm and at that moment she knew her answer and the tears fell from her eyes as she silently wept staring at him wondering why she had trusted him.

"You know what I mean Killian" she replied bitterly her voice becoming cold as well, the tears gradually stopping at the realization that he did not deserve her tears.

"So what do you want me to say?" He asked with no emotion in his voice

"How dare you?" She suddenly screamed her anger rising as she tried to slap him

"How dare I?" He asked sardonically as he held the hand that had tried to strike him his irritation becoming more clear by the second "It's not like you were ever mine, to begin with" he said coldly releasing her hand and moving away from her.

"I was yours,I gave you ev..." she screamed

"And my brother's" he interupted her "is that a lie,that you have slept with and been sleeping with my brother?" he asked coldly staring at her emotionlessly

"You said we could put that in the past" she cried her tears streaming down her face.

"Yes I did say that ,you're the one that kept fucking him behind my back ." He yelled his anger getting the best of him. "I swear I should have persued Amber,at least I knew she could be loyal" Apollo continued digging the dagger further into her heart .

"This isn't you" Denise shook her head not beliving that the sweet kind natured Apollo was the same one in front of her right now.

"This is me, Denise , you just wanted to believe the lie you fed yourself,you knew how I was ,how I am,so don't look at me like that" he said packing up his tools and leaving her at a loss for words.

Where had Amber gone? Why had she all of a sudden vanished from the face of the earth

He kept mulling it over at lunch and brushed off the worry and concern of his friends saying that he was just worried about his final project. But as he lay in bed that night he realised that his fixation on Amber was more than just a crush that would fade with time ,he had to find her if it was the last thing he did .

Clara could feel it a dissipation among her friends or family rather because that is what they all were,no one knew why Amber had not come back but they all had a version of why they thought although they varried .
Klaus thought she had abandoned them.
Jed was empathic for the most part but Clara knew it was all a front he was hurting too.
Killian thought something had happened to her and had thrown all his free time towards finding her ,he barely spent anytime with anyone these days even his relationship with Denise had died a slow death .
The rest felt a mix of emotions some felt resentment while others just missed having her around.
And as the years went by the group drifted back into the different factions they were in before they had met her.

THERE YOU GO ANOTHER CHAPTER ,THIS IS THE AFTERMATH OF AMBER'S ABSENCE AS SEEN THROUGH THE EYES OF THE PEOPLE CLOSE TO HER. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT
Love CareBear♡♡♡♡