17.ARIES VS ERIS

WARNING THIS CHAPTER IS GONNA GET A BIT DARK, WHO AM I KIDDING ITS DARK SO IF YOU'RE SENSITIVE PLEASE SKIP IT AND JOIN US AFER A FEW CHAPTERS CAUSE  I'M ABOUT TO OPEN THE AMBER ARCHIVES
It had been an hour since they had arrived and the monotony of the whole event was giving Amber hives, but the threat Kieran had given kept ringing in her ear forcing her to keep a tight leash on her tongue.

"Of course I had to buy the company" Mr. Devon boasted his stubby hand resting on his stomach that looked as if he was expecting octuplets any second, He had a boubulous nose who's hairs never seemed to stay hidden, bushy eyebrows that made him look more like a caveman than anything else, his lips were so thin one might even believe they were not even there and the icing on the cake was the scruffy mop of silver streaked dirty blond hair that sat in its natural state untouched and unbothered. He was always dressed in the most expensive suits which to Amber seemed to contradict his appearance. His guest, however, looked a little too young to even be his granddaughter and looked as bored as Amber did.

"Excuse me," Amber said as she made to leave the small group only for Kieran to grasp her hand tightly holding her back "I'm going to the ladies room" she whispered while glaring at him.

"Don't take too long, " he said in a clipped tone that had Amber casting a cold icy unseen glare at him and stalking off, her fury slowly churning and coming to a boil. Who did he think he was she fumed to herself as she opened the bathroom door, satisfied that she was the only one there she promptly locked the door.While staring at her self a question kept coming to her tempting her answer and with it came the many as they came through like water rushing out of a cracked dam.

Who was she? Amber asked herself while reflecting on all the times a man broke her heart wondering when she had become so timid and docile, orders were never her forte she was the wild wind, she blew where she wanted and how she wanted,

"they used to fear you" her inner voice taunted

"they still do" she countered glaring at her reflection silencing the traitorous thoughts, but deep down she knew no one feared her anymore the other girls would sniggle behind her back whenever they passed her. Even a few had dared throw themselves over, Kieran, and he did nothing even when she stood right next to him.Even the way he treated her was different he kept looking at every pretty girl that passed her and when she glared at him he blatantly ignored her following the behind of a curvy redhead that passed him by, it felt as if she were a trophy to him whose emotions had no consequence. She was the wild wind once upon a time untamed and free when had she become so docile, she sneered at herself at the weakness it had let show ever since he knew she loved him he never was the same he was no longer afraid to lose her. He knew no matter what he did she would still take him. His attitude the past few hours had only cemented the belief that he had developed a kind of recklessness. At that realization, Amber's eyes widened till they settled back into that cold emotionless mask she had mastered all those years ago.

With a new goal in mind she made her way to the door and as soon as she unlocked it flew open and a seething Kieran entered the small room making it feel even smaller, it was a struggle of Amber to keep his blazing gaze.

"You're taking too much time" he gritted out his frustration clear and evident.

"I'm not your pet Kieran, so don't treat me like one, I'm not like the others don't think that I will let you treat me like them," she said a cold indifference in her eyes and voice.And he laughed a dark chilling humorless sound that despite her newfound resolve she felt a dangerous chill go down her spine.