L word

Shuichi entered the hall to see the majority of his class staring at him with shocked expressions of their faces. He heard whispers echoing around the classroom. The whispers mostly consisted of 'Is that really him?' 'Didn't he die??' and 'I heard he jumped in front of a car on purpose!'

He really missed his hat.

All he wanted to do was drag it as far as he could down onto his face and to sit down. He never liked to be the centre of attention.. especially not in front of a large audience and from looking around, there had to be at least 120 people there..

He looked down awkwardly at the floor as he turned to climb up the stairs.

"Mr Saihara, I need to speak to you for a moment."

At that exact moment, the room went dead silent. Shuichi took a deep breath to steady his nerves then walked towards his professor. "Y-yes?"

"Especially with all that time you have had off due to that unfortunate injury a short while ago. I hope that you have been keeping up with your studies. I can not have you failing this class. It won't look good on my latest statistics."

All eyes were on Shuichi at that moment. Every single one of them wanted to see how he would respond. Well, everyone apart from Kokichi.

Kokichi was well aware of Shuichi's hatred of being in the spotlight. He knew that it made him extremely uncomfortable and anxious but he couldn't think of anything he could do.

Wait.. maybe he had one idea..

A smirk formed on Kokichi's face as he pulled his phone out from his pocket. "Nishishi.."

Meanwhile Shuichi was still standing at the front of the classroom.. not sure of what his professor was wanting him to do. "Can I sit down now?" Shuichi instantly regretted asking that question due to the icy, cold stare he received back.

"That depends if you think you have a chance of passing this class."

The entire class whispered an "Oooooohhhhhhhh..." as if a fight was about to start.. even though they defiantly knew it wasn't.

"I.. uhh.." Shuichi stammered, feeling increasingly more anxious by the second. Suddenly, he heard his phone ping.

"C-can I step outside for a moment please.. I think it's important.." The tension in the room instantly increased. Shuichi anxiously awaited the response, he hoped that he wouldn't get shouted at in front of his entire class..

"You've already missed the majority of my lessons anyway so I don't really see a point in stopping you from leaving."

The class erupted with another loud, "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." but shut up as the professor gave them an icy cold stare.

Shuichi apologised awkwardly before exiting the classroom. As soon as he was out of the room and out of sight from the other students, Shuichi felt himself collapse against the wall, nearly falling onto the ground. He took a few deep breaths in order to steady his nerves then pulled his phone out from his pocket.

Along with the many, many, many.. actaully way too many YouTube notifications (around 400 is my record) he found that he actaully had a few texts.

He unlocked his phone and clicked on the messages icon.

A smile formed on his face as he noticed that they were from Kokichi.

'Don't be nervous Nishishi! You got this!'

'Come on, you do this and we'll have another one of our make out sessions!'

'You know this Shuichi! Challenge him, show him up in front of the whole class.. Nishishi! I can't wait to see his face!'

Shuichi was transfixed on the last text. A rush of confidence went through him, he knew he could challenge his professor. He knew that he knew it..

Shuichi started to type his reply. He simply sent a winking face ;)

.........

Kokichi felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled it out and read the text. "Nishishi! This is gonna be fun.."

..............
I'm very sorry that this is so short.. hahah, kind of a mind blank.