He ran away. Again.

Kokichi slowly stumbled over to a sheltered part of the roof and slumped down against the wall, still getting to grips with what had just happened. When he reached the wall he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He had no idea why Shuichi had ran away from him and not knowing was crushing him. He thought they had something.. then why did he run away? 

Tears started to form in his eyes, and he buried his head in his hands. "Did he not like the kiss?"  Kokichi sighed then shook his head, "No, he definitely kissed back.."

 Kokichi smiled to himself. He knew there was definitely a spark between them.. why did he run away?..

Suddenly, the door to the roof was flung open, causing Kokichi to dart his head up. "Hey! You up here?" 

The figure staggered into the rain and started to look around. 

"Is that Shuichi?.." Kokichi couldn't tell from the distance between them who it was. "Shuichi!" He decided to shout.

The figure walked towards Kokichi, shielding their face from the rain. "Huh? Kokichi? What are you doing up here?" 

Kokichi stood up and finally saw who the figure was. "Momota." 

"You seen Shuichi?" 

Kokichi blushed slightly, remembering the kiss. He quickly snapped out of the trance, "Yeah, I saw Shuichi." 

Kaito looked back, crossing his arms, "I didn't know you two were on first name basis." 

"Yeah." 

Kaito shook his head in disbelief then continued asking his questions, "Do you know where he is?" 

Kokichi was puzzled, "Know where he is? Did he not go back to the dorms?" 

"He did, briefly." Kaito shrugged, "He came back around fifteen minutes ago, saying he couldn't find you."

Kokichi stayed silent but was frantically panicking in his mind, "HE WHAT?!"

"He picked up his phone, coat and backpack then just.. left."

Kokichi finally managed to stutter out an answer, "H-He.. l-left?"

"Yeah, if he's not with you.. he's probably still looking, I'll give him a call." Kaito exclaimed before walking off, his phone held to his ear.

Kokichi was left shaking. "Left? Why did he leave?..." Kokichi's eyes suddenly widened, "It couldn't of been because we kissed could it..." 

Kaito walked back, holding his phone. "No answer. I've called him like five times, straight to voicemail." 

He noticed the panicked expression on Kokichi's face, "You alright?" 

Kokichi took a deep breath then replied in his normal, jokey tone. "Yeah, of course I'm alright."

Kaito rolled his eyes then started to walk back towards the dorm. Kokichi wanted to follow him but he couldn't move, the truth was that he wasn't alright. It was a lie he told too often, that he was too used to. 

Lying was something that he always used to do but with Shuichi, he didn't see any need to lie. He could be honest for the first time in ages, he could tell the truth and he knew Shuichi wouldn't judge him. 

Kokichi took a deep breath then headed back into the building... maybe Shuichi was back in the dorm. Maybe luck was on his side?..

He followed Kaito into the dorm and instantly headed over to Shuichi's bed. His face fell.