Yes you are. No we aren't.

Shuichi temporarily put his phone down. What the hell even was 'nishishishi' ?? He had noticed that Kokichi had said it before but he had no idea what it actually was.

He lifted his phone back up.

Shuichi: What even is 'nishishishi' you've said it before but I don't know what it is.

Kokichi is typing..

Kokichi: I'll never tell you nishishishi! ;)

Shuichi: Come on, tell me.

Kokichi: never, nishishishi!

Shuichi: Fine. We've got classes tomorrow.. how do you think it's going to go?

Kokichi: You've been off for ages.. I have NOO idea! Prof is probably going to talk to you

Shuichi: Oh.. I'm kind of worried..

Kokichi: Don't be, you're like top of the class you get the highest scores, that's one of the reasons I'm dating you ;)

Shuichi: I hope that's a lie

Kokichi: nishishishi..

Shuichi: oh..

Kokichi: of course it's a lie! You're smart and funny but the real reason I'm dating you is for your body ;)

Shuichi found himself blushing at Kokichi's text.

Shuichi: Night.

Shuichi put his phone down quickly on his bed and let out a small laugh.. Kokichi was a liar but Shuichi always saw through it.. well, almost always.

Shuichi didn't know what to think.. he was falling for Kokichi and he was falling hard. He never expected to fall this fast for someone and he didn't know whether it was a good thing or a bad thing..

But for now.. he had to sleep.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Shuichi woke up at 5am to the sound of 'psssttt'

Shuichi squirmed in his bunk, trying to hear where the sound was coming from. It was probably Kokichi. Shuichi slowly leaned over the side of his bunk, trying his hardest to to fall over the side of the metal. He caught a glimpse of Kokichi's face.

"Kokichi?" Shuichi whispered.

No response. Shuichi was slightly confused. If Kokichi was awake, he would of heard that and responded.. wouldn't he? Shuichi lifted his head back up from his bunk and climbed down his ladder, trying not to make a sound and wake everyone up. But because ladders are annoying, it made a 'crrkkkk' noise with every step Shuichi took down.

When he eventually reached the floor.. (about 5 steps) he scanned to room just in case he had woken anyone up. He turned to Kokichi but he could hear his gentle snoring so.. it couldn't of been him.

"Psst Saihara."

Shuichi turned around to see the only person who still called him by his last name. "Amami?"

The avocado-haired boy sat on the edge of his bed. Shuichi almost screamed. How did he not see Rantaro in the first place? He looked round the room and everyone was asleep.. well apparently Rantaro wasn't asleep. Wait. Did that mean that he saw him talk to Kokichi? If he did, it wasn't good.

"Saihara, sorry if I woke you up.. I just, couldn't sleep."

Shuichi walked over closer to Rantaro's bunk. "It's fine. Did you want something?"

"Uh yes, I did." Rantaro whispered in a slightly anxious tone, "This may be awkward to ask but.."

Awkward to ask?! What the hell does Rantaro want to ask me? Is it something about me and Kokichi?! Did he see something? No, I shouldn't get ahead of myself. It probably isn't to do with that.

Rantaro paused which only increased the tension in the room. Shuichi wanted to shout but then he'd wake everyone up.. he was screwed.

"Well I.." Rantaro started to explain but he suddenly stopped himself to take a deep breath. "I.. noticed you were talking to Akamatsu earlier.."

Shuichi was slightly taken back. He didn't think this was where the conversation was going at all. "Kaede? Yeah, why?"

"Well, I was wondering whether you could talk to her for me.. talk me up a bit?" 

"Talk you up?" Shuichi asked, still massively confused about what was going on.

"Yes. I-I've seen her around.." Rantaro asked once again..

That doesn't seem creepy at all.. Shuichi tried to restrain his thoughts.

"..and I would like to ask her out so could you put in a good word for me? I know you two are friends.."

Shuichi tried to stop him, "We aren't fr—"

"That is unless you want me to tell everyone about you and Kokichi."

Shuichi froze. He needed to stay calm and not react the way he desperately wanted to. Which was to punch him in the face. "Me and Kokichi aren't dating."

Rantaro shifted to a thinking expression. "Yes you are."

Shuichi didn't know if Rantaro was lying, trying to catch him out.. he decided to keep playing his 'we aren't dating' line  to see if maybe he might believe it this time. "No, we aren't."

Rantaro took a loud sigh. "I thought you were. Well, it doesn't matter. I could theoretically tell everyone including Kokichi about the massive crush you have on him."

Phew. He believed me.. that was close. How should I respond to this?

"No, Amami please don't!" Shuichi opted to almost plead him. It was a lie of course but he didn't know if it was convincing enough.

"I won't.. if you talk to Akamatsu for me."

Shuichi shifted uncomfortably. He didn't want to talk to Kaede. They weren't really friends anymore.. but the other option was worse.. he defiantly didn't want Rantaro to tell everyone, it would open up questions that Shuichi couldn't really answer.  

At the same time, he didn't want to believe that this was the real Rantaro, this couldn't be the real Rantaro..

He had no other option. "Fine. I'll talk to her."