When someone walks in. Awkward..

(AHH I FORGOT WHAT DAY IT WAS! SORRY!)

3 weeks later.

"What did I miss?" Shuichi said, clawing himself up to sit up on his hospital bed.

Kokichi was clutching at his mouth almost like he was stopping himself from saying something. Shuichi had no idea what Kokichi was stopping himself from saying but after a few minutes of thinking to himself, he realised.

"I know you want to.. go on."

Kokichi slapped his hands away from his mouth and started to sing, "So what'd I miss? What'd I miss? Virginia, my home sweet home, I wanna give you a kiss! I've been in Paris meeting lots of different ladies... I guess I basic'lly missed the late eighties...I traveled the wide, wide world and came back to this..."

Shuichi burst out in laughter, "H-how--d-do--you--k-know--all--t-he--words?!" He exclaimed inbetween laughs, "You just need to.. take a break!"

Kokichi's face lit up, "Did you just.. I didn't think you knew hamilton!"

Shuichi felt a blush creep onto his cheeks, the truth was that he only listened to 'Hamilton' because he knew that Kokichi loved it.

Kokichi had been visiting Shuichi's hospital room every two days for the last three weeks in order to teach him what had been in the lectures that he had missed. During this time they had grown to know a lot more about each-other.

"I guess I listened to it, it's pretty good."

"Pretty good?! IT'S AMAZING!" Kokichi exclaimed dramatically, "Did you listen to it because of me?"

Shuichi blushed.

Kokichi jumped up out of the chair and hugged Shuichi the best he could, "Aww! You're so cute."

Shuichi blushed and hugged Kokichi back the best he could due because of his, now-healing, broken arm. After what seemed like hours (but was probably only a few seconds) Kokichi broke off the hug and started to get up but Shuichi grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"What are y-"

"I don't really know, I'm sorry.." Shuichi defended, instantly letting go of Kokichi's arm.

Even though Kokichi could get up because Shuichi had let go of his arm, he remained to hover above him looking into his eyes with the urge to kiss him. 

"Kokichi.." Shuichi stuttered, blushing intensely.

Kokichi gently traced his hand up Shuichi's face, stroking it gently. He looked down at him gently  and started to drag him closer. They stopped when their faces were centimetres apart. 

"C-Can I kiss you?"

Shuichi looked up at him and nodded.

Kokichi didn't stall for another second. He had the answer he had been waiting for. Kokichi dragged Shuichi's face onto his own, their lips fitting together perfectly. Shuichi didn't hesitate, he kissed Kokichi as he had wanted to ever since he had started to like him and Kokichi kissed him with passion and excitement do to sudden adrenaline rush. They were too caught up in the moment to notice the door opening. 

They didn't want the moment to end. 

"Achoo!" 

Both of their eyes widened and they broke apart abruptly, not really wanting to know who had walked in, "There's someone here, isn't there?" 

"I-I think s-so.." 

Kokichi got off of Shuichi and stood awkwardly next to him. He looked to see who it was, but didn't recognise the girl that was standing there but by the look on Shuichi's face.. he did.

 Shuichi greeted the girl, "Hi... Maki."

The red eyed girl then walked closer to the both of them and apologised, "Sorry for interrupting."

"It's..alright.." Shuichi replied, not really meaning what he had just said.

Maki took a few seconds to look Kokichi up and down, like she was trying to recognise him from somewhere. She crossed her arms then spoken calmly, "Are you Kokichi Ouma?"

Kokichi was surprised, how did a random girl that he had never met know his name? "Yeah, who are you?"

Maki smiled to herself, content with the answer, "Kaito told me about you, he said you were small with purple hair and had a massive crush on Shuichi. So it had to be you, my name is Maki Harukawa."

Shuichi's face turned bright red, since when did Kaito start seeing that they might like each other?? Kokichi then turned to face Shuichi, trying to work out who Maki was to him.

Shuichi turned to Kokichi and introduced him, "Maki is my friend and she's also Kaito's girlfriend." 

Kokichi almost burst out in laughter. "KAITO HAS A GIRLFRIEND?!"

Maki stared at Kokichi intensely, not in any kind of sexual way but in a way which sent a shiver down his spine. Shuichi decided he needed to intervene, "So anyway.."

Kokichi turned his attention to the situation and so did Maki. She scanned the two of them up and down then crossed her arms. "How long have you two been dating then?"

Maki's words cut through Shuichi like a dagger. He had no idea what they actually were to one another, he wanted for them to be together but he and Kokichi had never 'defined' what their relationship really was.

Kokichi subtly looked up at Shuichi to try and figure out what he was thinking.

One of them needed to speak up, Maki was waiting for an answer and if they didn't answer her in time then.. Shuichi cleared his throat and decided to speak. "We aren't yet."

Kokichi's eyes lit up. "Not yet? That means that.. we're dating.. ohmygod!"

Maki smiled to herself, content with the answer Shuichi had given. "Who knows?"

"Only you.. don't tell Ka—" Shuichi asked anxiously.

"Don't tell Kaito, I can do that." Maki interrupted. "Well, I'll 'leave you to it' but you.. Ouma is it?.."

Kokichi nodded and Maki walked up to him. "If you hurt Shuichi in anyway, I personally hunt you down and kill you." She snarled, her eyes flashing bright red. She then walked out of the room leaving Kokichi in shock.

After a few moments, Kokichi turned to Shuichi. "So, we're dating?"

Shuichi blushed deep red, "I want to be but if you don't w—"

Shuichi was cut off by Kokichi kissing him gently on the lips confirming the answer. "Does that answer your question Shuichi?"

Shuichi nodded then kissed Kokichi again, this time with a little more passion than the last time. 

Finally! They're together.. sorry for making you guys wait for this! Ahah, I like the character development part. When they grow to like each other.. I find it cute. Tell me what you thought!