Party.. planning... fun..

Kokichi and Kaito were sitting in their dorm planing Shuichi's birthday party. Kokichi was writing down any ideas that came to his head whilst Kaito was sitting on his bunk doing nothing.

"Does Shuichi like balloons?" Kokichi asked whilst impatiently tapping his pen on the floor which was starting to get on Kaito's nerves. (I was so tempted to put, 'Does he like boats' but I had to restrain myself)

"No, not really." Kaito replied.

They were silent for a few minutes before Kokichi spoke again. "What about food?"

"I don't think he'll mind." Kaito replied once again, in a more irritated tone than before.

"Does he drink?"

"Yeah, he has to drink. It's something that all humans have to do in order to survive." Kaito said in an extremely sarcastic tone, rolling his eyes.

Kokichi looked up from the floor, an annoyed look on his face, "Hey Kaito? Can you actually help me with this? He's meant to be your best friend."

"He is my best friend." Kaito growled back, "Why'd you care so much? It's just a stupid birthday party."

"I—" Kokichi started but cut himself off as he knew that Shuichi didn't want them to tell Kaito about their relationship yet, "He's my friend, why do you think?"

A doubting expression appeared on Kaito's face. He knew that Shuichi liked Kokichi.. a lot and that Kokichi also liked Shuichi... a lot. "Come on Ouma, you like Shuichi just ask him out already."

Kokichi tried to stop himself from blushing but he couldn't. He was an expert liar but keeping his and Shuichi's relationship was the hardest thing he had ever had to do.

"What if it doesn't work out!" Kokichi blurted out, unable to stop himself.

Kaito looked at him then noticed how worried Kokichi actually was. "If you like him and he likes you.. I say give it a shot." Kaito shrugged supportively, "Listen, don't tell Shuichi that I told you this but I've been best friends for years and I've never seen him fall for anyone this hard before.. So yeah, if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. But I say, give it a go."

Kokichi felt himself feel relieved, "Thanks Momota."

"It's Kaito, you're friends with Shuichi so you're friends with me, kay?"

Kokichi nodded. "Ditto, let's plan the party and try and help this time."

Kaito rolled his eyes. Even though Kokichi was funny sometimes, he could sure be a prick. But obviously Shuichi saw something in him so he couldn't be all that bad.

They spent the next few hours arguing and somehow managing to work out the details of the party. They finally agreed with each other somehow.

.....................................................................................................................................

Shuichi was sitting on his bed along with his mother who was sitting beside him and was talking to him about her having to leave once again.

"I might have to leave because the studio is ready to film to next season and they can't film it without me there." She sighed, "But I want to stay if you need me here with you, I'll cancel. You're more important."

"No, go." Shuichi replied, "I'm going to be fine.. I've got someone."

She raised an eyebrow. "Someone?"

Shuichi instantly regretted what he had just said, "Uh.. yeah, they're there for me. You do need to go back to work, they can't film without you. Go, I'll be fine."

"If you're sure."

"Yeah, you need to go back to work and I'm out of here in a couple of days. I'll be fine." Shuichi insisted.

"Have a enjoyable birthday, sorry I keep missing them.." She sighed, "Nineteen already Huh?.. anyway, I should go.. bye."

With that, she left.

Shuichi stood up from his bed and started to walk towards the small table near to the other side of the room which Kokichi had left all of his notes on for Shuichi to copy across to his own book. Shuichi walked with a slighty limp but the doctors said that after a few days, his walking would come easier and he would walk without looking like the hunchback of notre dame.

He was excited to get out of the hospital room, he had basically lived in that room for nearly two months, staring at the same white walls.. he just wanted to get out and see his friends and boyfriend.

Even though Kokichi and him were dating, they hadn't spend that much time together doing 'couplestuff' which Kokichi called it, the time they spent together had mostly felt rushed and pressured. Kokichi normally took the time they had telling Shuichi what he had missed in the lecture but by the time he had finished, he had to leave. The most amount of time that they had, had together to talk about something other than Uni was only around fifteen minutes.

So, he was excited for getting out.

And weirdly, he was kind of excited for his birthday. He hadn't majorly celebrated it before, despite what Kaito always trying to pressure him into doing something or going to a party.. but this time, it was different. He had people who truly cared about him to celebrate with this year so he decided that he would give in.

This year, he would actually try to enjoy his birthday.

This year he would celebrate his birthday with his friends and his boyfriend.

Maybe the year ahead was going to be a new start, in a way. Everything was changing and it was going to be different... yet it was going to be amazing.