Forever

L y d i a

"Hold him still!" Derek shouted to Scott, Malia and Isaac.
"We're trying! He's fucking strong!" Isaac shouted back.
"Where's the kanima venom Derek?!" Scott asked desperately.
"One second, I need to get it in his neck." Derek said.
"Well get a fucking move on if you don't want him to escape!" Malia shouted.

Just as Malia spoke, Derek pushed the venom from the syringe into Deaton's neck, his movements slowed and eventually he became completely still. Lydia and Allison stood in front of the chair Deaton sat upon in the animal clinic. Soon Malia, Isaac, Scott and Derek joined them to face Deaton.

"Congratulations you didn't let me escape. You guys really are the shitting Scooby Doo gang aren't you?" Deaton rolled his dark eyes.

His previously glowing dark skin had turned paler, his back hunched down. He just stared. At everyone.

"Don't listen to him, Deaton said we don't need anything from him as long as he's void for at least a few minutes he should be able to sense where Stiles is." Derek explained.
"Oh come on! I want to talk if I've only got a few minutes, it's so dull inside his brain." Deaton laughed wickedly. No one responded to him. The real Deaton had explained to all of them, not to talk to him. He said he would just try and sike them out.

"Malia, you have no idea what's coming." Deaton taunted.
"W-what?" Malia asked tentatively.
"Don't talk to him Mal he's just trying to wind you up." Allison said.
"You're going to lose everything! You all are. Haha and you don't even know it." Deaton smiled.
"Shut up, you fucking prick." Isaac warned.
"You're not going to be able to protect her forever you know Isaac. I can promise you that." Deaton grinned.
"Shut the fuck up." Isaac's voice lowered.
"Don't react, this is what he wants. He feeds of strife and pain, he loves this." Derek said sternly.

Deaton's neck slowly turned to the other side of the room.

At Lydia.

"And you Lydia. Something's coming, and it's gonna break you. It's gonna kill you." He laughed.

"You think? I don't care what you say, you're nothing, you're laughable." Lydia snarled.

Over the past few weeks, she'd been waiting. Waiting for them to make progress in finding Stiles, it had drained her. The wait. She'd become sour, Kira and Allison had been training her to fight. They all knew they weren't going to be able to just pick Stiles up, there was going to be a battle. And Lydia was ready. Physically and Mentally.

"Someone's built up some confidence. I can't wait for your world to crumble." Deaton sneered.

Something snapped.

Deaton's head flew back and his whole body jolted. Lydia wasn't sure if the kanima venom had worn off or if the real Deaton was back.

"Derek what happened?" Allison questioned.
"I think he's back." Derek said as he knelt down, pulled Deaton's head back to check his pupils. Deaton suddenly gasped and opened his warm brown eyes.

It's him.

"Deaton is that you?" Scott asked.
"Y-yes it's me." Deaton replied.

"Guys can you wait outside, just give him a minute." Derek asked as he stood up.

Lydia didn't want to, she wanted to know as soon as possible where Stiles was. But she had to respect Deaton.
"What do you think he meant?" Malia asked as they walked into the lobby.
"Mal don't think about it, he was just trying freak us out." Isaac said as he put his arm around her.

"Have you heard from Kira and Liam?" Allison asked Scott.
"Yeah they texted me earlier, but they couldn't find any more on Jasmin Black or Jenifer Blake, or whatever."
"Do you think he knows where Stiles is?" Malia asked, getting everyone's attention.
"If he doesn't, we've wasted three weeks to get him back." Lydia replied sourly.
"Don't be like that Lydia we are going to get him back no matter what." Malia said holding her hand.
"I know. We will." Lydia muttered, not actually believing the words that came out of her mouth.