Death won't follow

S t i l e s

That night everything changed. He realised how much she meant to him, and he was going to do anything to keep her safe. Anything. Even if it meant loosing her, he just didn't care, but it was killing him inside. The fact that Brundy had said that the whole thing had something to do with this Jasmin person loving Stiles, just gave him more motivation to stay away from Lydia, because if he didn't maybe she'd go after her.

He had stopped investigating for a while because he needed a break, and he didn't want his dad catching on. But after what happened at Eichan House he wrote down everything that Brundy had said so he could go back and figure things out when he was ready.

Lydia hadn't been at school for a week but Kira had said she would be back today. Everyone knew what had happened that day, and no one was talking about it, Stiles had told the boys and Lydia must've told the girls. But he didn't know how much she'd told them, because they didn't seem pissed off at him.

He was longing to see her face again, he wanted nothing more than to talk to her, but he couldn't. They had one class in the morning that day but Lydia didn't show up, he wasn't surprised. She wouldn't want to be near him after what he did.

After he abandoned her.

It was lunch, so Stiles and Scott went to sit with the girls, she was there. He saw her from the back, her beautiful long, silky hair cascaded down the back of her chair, he just wanted to see her again. He went to sit down and looked at her face, she wasn't wearing any makeup. A healing bruise still covered a section of her face, Stiles could barely see her like this. Seeing her hurt just made him so angry. And he couldn't get angry, otherwise bad things would happen.

But even without makeup and with a bruise, her face was still so perfect. Without having seen her for a week, her beauty still seemed to be getting the best of Stiles. He looked at her for too long, and she finally noticed he had sat down. Her eyes met his, they gave off no emotion.

"I'm going to the library." Lydia said blandly.
"Are you sure? You've hardly eaten anything." Allison said, clearly worried for her friend.
"Yeah I'm fine, I don't have much of an appetite now." Lydia said as she looked at Stiles. "I'm sorry guys I'll see you later." Lydia said referring to anyone but him.

Stiles tried not to take it personally, because after all this was his choice. He could've told her to stay, but then she wouldn't have been protected. At least she's safe away from him.

"Stiles what did you do?" Allison hissed. Stiles heart almost skipped a beat as he choked on his water.
"Wha- nothing I-nothing, what do you mean?" Stiles lied.
"What do you mean? You haven't been to see her all week and you know she's been taking this really hard!" Allison said, she was being protective of her best friend. Stiles looked to Scott because he knew what had gone on, but Scott just stared at him blankly not knowing what to do.

"I know. It's just it's been hard, with everything that happened I just need some time." Stiles lied again, he was playing the guilt card so they wouldn't ask anymore questions.

"We get that, but you guys have gotten closer recently, before what happened. And I think she really needs you Stiles." Kira said. She was right, he knew that.
"I know." Stiles considered, but he couldn't put her in danger again. The tables conversation was interrupted by Malia, Isaac and Liam joining them.

"Hi where's Lydia?" Malia asked curiously.
"She's gone to the library." Allison said.
"Oh ok, is she ok?" Malia asked quietly, not wanting to make a fuss.
"Yeah, I think she always feels better when she has something to do." Allison explained.

Stiles couldn't even comprehend his guilt at that moment, all he could do was try and ignore it. But it was so hard when all he wanted to do was find her and comfort her.

"So whose going to Jacksons party next week? It's supposed to be epic." Liam asked, aiming the question at Kira. They may have been together for a while but Stiles could see that they were still in the honeymoon phase.
"I am don't worry Liam, I still love you." Kira laughed.
"Wait you guys have said I love you?" Scott asked being extremely overprotective.
"Scott! Stop it." Liam hissed, getting embarrassed.
"Yes we have, is that a problem Scott?" Kira smiled.
Scott swallowed his words for the sake of Liam. "No not at all."

"So changing the subject from an overprotective father, who else is going to Jacksons?" Isaac asked.
"I am." Malia said as she pecked Isaac on the lips.
"Yeah me too." Allison answered.
"And me." Scott said.

"What about you Stiles? Lydia's going." Kira smiled.
"Um well yeah I think so." The truth is Stiles probably wasn't going to go until Kira mentioned Lydia's name, he thought at least he could keep an eye on her.

The corridors were infested by gleeful student rushing to go home at the end of the day. It sickened Stiles that they were so happy, when he had experienced so much evil lately. He caught Kira coming out of her class and debated whether or not to talk to her.

"Kira! Hey." Stiles said.
"Hey Stiles what's up?"
"Nothing it's just, I know Lydia tells you a lot and I was just wondering if she was ok."
"She's doing better, but there seems to be something else. Did anything else happen?" Kira asked curiously.
Stiles considered telling her, but if Lydia hadn't, then she obviously didn't want anyone else to know.
"No. But I just wanted to give her some space for a while." He lied. Again.
"I don't think she wants or needs space from you. Stiles I see the way you look and talk about her, don't you want her to be happy?" Kira asked.

God she's wise.

"I do." Stiles said.
"Then please just talk to her. She would never admit it to anyone, but I can see she's missing you, and I don't know what happened on that awful day but I know you guys aren't telling us something. But don't feel like you have to tell us anything, just, fix it." Kira said.

How did she know? She was right, he knew she was. But she didn't know the full story and circumstances, maybe if she did, she'd realise why.

"Thank you." Stiles said sincerely.
Kira gave him a reassuring look and left him in the corridor. He just stood in the there for what felt like a lifetime, he stared blankly at the sun shining through the windows of the exit door. He had felt like the sun hadn't shone in a long time. It seemed to have had a glorious makeover, while it had been hiding behind the grim clouds for weeks. All the students were coming out and enjoying the warm beautiful day, as they headed home.

This should be the part of the story when glee rains upon everyone, when Stiles has solved the murder cases and everyone is together and alive.

But in reality the sun is just the sun.

The sun doesn't mean a happy ending, just like death doesn't mean a sad ending. The natural world will trick you into thinking that you know what will happen.

Just because the sun is out, doesn't mean death won't follow.

Bit of a shorter chapter for you, hope you liked it. The next chapter will be quite dramatic.

Thank you xxx