Words of Hate Come Back Around (21)

I sat down and could feel myself fighting my tears. Xander's sitting opposite me and I could feel his eyes on me. My mother's voice rang in my mind. She wanted me to break up with the guy I love. All because he had a little bit of a reputation. The day had seemed to last forever and I didn't pay attention to what people say to me. I seem to me into myself too much. I told Xander what happened and Selena. They both want to kill my mother. I just couldn’t believe that she's willing to hurt me all because of her pride. I'm chewing my fires slowly and looking blankly around the cafeteria. A ring from a phone brought me back to reality.

‘Hello...um I’ll just give it to you.’ Selena passes me her phone and I  put it to my ear.

‘Hello.’

‘I’m trying to contact Delilah Martin.’ A man’s voice said. My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

‘Yes that’s me. What’s up?’

‘I’m Dr. Kelly and I'm treating your parents.’

‘Sorry what? I spoke to my mother a few hours ago. What the hell has happened?’

‘I’m afraid that they got in a crash. Both your parents are in a coma at the moment with a huge amount of broken bones.’ I don’t answer and there’s a pause. I bit down on my lip. ‘Miss are you okay.’

‘Um. What country are you in.’

‘England. I understand if you can’t come, but if you want to I am more than welcome to help sort out your flights and a place to stay.’ Tears fell down my face. I look at Xander and he mouths

‘You want to talk’ I nod and he stands out and walks out the room.

‘Um they will be okay.’

‘They are stable, but we are not sure when they will wake up. Are you okay Miss?’

‘Um it’s a little bit of a shock. I’ll try and get over as soon as possible. Which hospital are they at?’

‘Kingston Hospital. I can give you directions. It’s in London.’

‘No I have GPS. Thank you.’ I shut the phone and look at Selena.

‘I need to go to London.’ More tears fell down my face. ‘My parents are in the hospital.’ She pulls me into a hug and whispers.

‘You're going with my brother.’ I whisper my agreement and pull away from her.

‘My parents may hate him, but he’s the only one who can miss school out of all the people I know.’ I smile and grab my back before walking out the room. Xander’s leaning against the wall waiting for me. As soon as I turn around the corner he pulls me into a hug.

‘Are you okay?’

‘Can we go home? I don’t want people to see us this close.’ He nods and we walk out the school. I slide into the car and pull my legs to my body. I hear the car start and we are on the road. We don’t talk until we get there. He lifts me out the car and walks into the house. He places me on the sofa and pulls me into a hug.

‘Do you want to talk?’ More tears come down my face.

‘I told my mom I hated her and now she’s in hospital and she could die.’

‘Baby you didn’t know. Dy I love you and will be with you every step of the way. I’m not going to leave you ever again.’

‘Promise.’

‘Remember forever and always.’ He says presses his lips onto my cheek. I smile and curl up to him. ‘Dy. Don’t worry I will get some tickets for a flight and you can stay home until we can get one.’