Are we homeless? What are we going to do now? A thousand possible solutions raced through my mind each one worse than the previous but one stuck in my mind as possible. Disregarding our comfort and substituting it for safety I had only my babies wellbeing on my mind as I suggested the unthinkable. "I know this may be a terrible idea but it's our only chance." I told him carefully, he definitely won't like this. "We're both 17 we are still minors, the Orphanage won't put you on the street yet and as I have no legal guardian..." I  trailed off as Tom's eyes squinted into suspicious slits. "What are you saying Roslyn?" He asked as if giving me a chance to take back my suggestion before I got an earful. "There's no other choice." I said defending my words. "We are not living in that awful place. It's full of filthy muggles, it's disgusting, the orphanage is no place for you or the children." He snapped. "Okay then let's put it this way Tom, it's the orphanage or the streets which is it?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him. "Where else do you plan for us to live, Tom? I don't want to do it either, but this is the way it has to be for a while." I told him as he got up rubbing his face with his hands frustrated with his current predicament. If there was any other option we would've thought of it by now.

  "I'll have to find a job quickly. I'm not able to provide for you and children just yet but I will be. This will only be for a little while." He said to which I nodded. I know if must be hard for him to not be able to provide us with the needs of a family but what can I expect from a 17 year old orphan? Why didn't the future Tom think his through? Sure he's resourceful but not much of a provider or nurturer. Time and I are sure to have our way with Tom as he learns how to accomplish these tasks with ease. He is a natural born leader but I know a family is in need of different type. "I know, it's okay I understand." I told him trying to make him feel better about the situation. We will figure this out together, it was never just him both of us are responsible for our safety and the wellbeing of our offspring. However, Tom is engulfed with the sexist mentality of this era that makes Tom the head of the household that takes everything on his back. In this era the man is the provider and failure to do so is a disgrace to him and all men and women of this time. I don't want him to feel this way, but there's no use in forcing my futuristic ideals on him as I've come to find that he's the most stubborn man I've ever run across. That's all fine and dandy but if he expects me to be up cooking pancakes at seven every morning then he's got another thing coming.

   "Will you put the children in their cribs for me Tom? I'm going to have a nap." I said before yawning. "He nodded before taking the children from me and carrying them to the next room. I snuggled into the clean bedding not in as much pain as I had been in before the spells and positions. I'm just sore and weak, I had been torn open and sealed shut by magic but even so it still takes a toll on a body. I still can't believe I'm a mom, its unreal. The overflow of happiness is almost too hard to contain. I want to jump up and dance around but my post birth body would never allow that. A nap for my weak body is well deserved.

   I woke up as I felt the bed shift, Tom must be going to sleep now. Odd how we sleep on the bed I had to give birth in. Even if it was thoroughly cleaned magically and manually it's still weird to me. I turned towards him just as I heard the shrill cries of my twins. "I'll go, get some rest." I said before kissing his cheek and getting out of bed slowly. No pain erupted though my body and I had magic to thank for that. It's crazy to think I could move around so effortlessly only hours after giving birth to twins. A birth that I actually died during. I walked inside the nursery and quickly rushed to their cribs, I knew they were hungry. I unbuttoned the over sized shirt I had slipped on before I left the room and picked up each of them and sat down in my rocking chair feeding them both. I stared down at them watching as they fed still not believing they're mine. I softly hummed a tune as I rocked back and forth. So the orphanage huh? I don't care, as long as I have my family that's all that matters. They are so beautiful. It's hard to believe I almost didn't get to have them.