Chapter 13 Part 1

Start from the beginning

    It made me so happy to be able to play again. It was almost as if I had never left the future for a minute. I tried to imagine myself back in my old life, and for a second I think I fooled myself. As I finished I had forgotten Tom was even here until he spoke."I was worried I would regret putting that in here. I don't think I will," he said, yet again speaking in riddles, but I understood what he was saying. It was his own way of giving a compliment. "I'm happy you decided to," I said as I stood up from the piano pulling at the black sash around my waist. I unwrapped it and held it in my hands looking down at the label it had become for me at my wedding. "Why didn't they make you wear one of these?" I said as I placed it onto of the piano. "I think you know the answer to that question," he said as he stood from his seat on the couch. "Yes sexism at it's finest," I said in annoyance. "You've yet to see the nursery," Tom said changing the subject, probably wanting to avoid any kind of meltdown tonight. I eagerly followed him to the other room.

What was amazing about both of the bedrooms was that one wall was completely transparent so that we had a view of the lake and all the sea creatures. "That old bafoon actually did something right," Tom muttered from beside me as we stood in what would be our baby's nursery. It was yet to be set up but I knew I'd get to it soon. It was perfect for my little ones and I couldn't wait to see it all decorated and ready for their arrival. Thinking of their birth made me extremely nervous all of a sudden. That reminds me shouldn't the house elf be here somewhere? "Wait where's Maggie?" I asked suddenly remembering the house elf that would prove useful in this new environment. "Right here miss!" She called out. "I've just finished arranging your undergarments just the way you like them," she said causing me to blush whilst Tom looked away as if he hadn't heard that. "Excellent thank you," I said quickly walking to where she was. "If you would move all the twin's things to the nursery I would greatly appreciate it," I told her kindly.

   All our wedding gifts sat on a table in the middle of the room. I couldn't believe people actually bought gifts for us. I walked over to the table and picked up a gift box addressed to me from Milly. 'For Tonight' was written across the front. I smiled wondering what could possibly be in box. I took it in my hands and walked into the bedroom. The music in the bedroom was still playing as I walked inside and looked awkwardly at the bed Tom and I would be sharing. We were married but it still felt so wrong. How was I supposed to sleep in the same bed as him? The idea made me shudder. Surely it won't be that bad right? I couldn't help how nervous I became all of a sudden. "Perhaps we should retire for the night," I heard Tom say from behind me. "Yes we should," I said without turning to him. "I'll just be a second," I said before I walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I leaned my back against the door and took a deep breath. "Okay," I whispered as I began to calm myself down. I placed the box on the wash basin and began to open it. A pure white nightgown laid in the box. I pulled it out to look at it seeing it had a cinched lace waist and pearl beaded shoulder straps. Dare I say it was a tad risqué? After slipping off my wedding dress I put on the evening gown and looked at myself in the mirror. It definitely accentuated my breasts which had increased in size due to the pregnancy which made me drastically uncomfortable. I crossed my arms over my chest wanting to hide that part of me. I looked back in the box and thankfully saw that the gown came with a sheer shall to go over it. I took down my hair and roughed it up a bit. This is not how I planned my honeymoon to be, then again this isn't how I planned my life to be either. I  stared into the mirror and examined my face while biting my lip nervously. Same old me, just with a pair of six month old twins in my belly. I took a deep breath and backed up from the mirror examining myself. I used to be so confident and even a little vein, I'm not sure why my self esteem has gone down so much since becoming pregnant. I just don't feel like myself. Maybe it's just the nerves getting to me or maybe I want Tom to look at me and be proud I'm his wife for some odd reason. Either way I just want to feel beautiful.