Chapter 1-"Really?"

Light streamed in through the blinds in my room and I flopped my hand over my eyes to protect them from the harsh light. I was still half asleep when my mom came in the door.

"Honey! Come on our flight is today! You get to meet my new boyfriend when we get to Florida." She said, her caramel hair tied up in a ponytail and her blue eyes sparkling with excitement.  I sat up, wiping away the sleep in my eyes. 

"Boo." I pouted.

"Oh don't worry, he's super nice, and you'll stay with him when I go off for my interview," My mom said, ruffling my cobalt blue hair. 

"I'm not spending three weeks with a stranger," I complained. 

"But he's not a stranger Evan, he's really nice, I'm sure you'll love him!" 

I looked at my mom dully. 

"Well come on Ev, we're going to be late for our flight!" 

And we scrambled to the airport.

--------------------------------------------

The 3-hour flight was long enough on its own, but it was longer with turbulence and the fact that I couldn't find sleep. 

When we finally arrived in Florida, I felt sick. 

I never knew who mom's new boyfriend was, I only knew his name, and that I would be spending three weeks with him. The worst part was, my mom had to rush off for her job interview after she introduced me to the person who would drive me to him.

"Honey I have to go to my interview, but this is Dr. Etsuko," I stood in awe as my mom ran off to her job.

Their...doctors?  I thought horribly.

"Please, call me Ethan." He said, reaching his hand out to greet mine.

"Really?" I asked my long gone mom. 

"C'mon, it'll be fun," Ethan said.

I immediately disagreed. 

Hi! So I just wanted to remind you guys of my whole follow back thing, It starts today (May 21) and ends (June 21(or possibly later seeing as I will be at camp and not have my computer)) But please follow me and I will 1) follow you 2) give you a shout out in an update 3) dedicate a story to you-ish 

Also, my friend AmberWings1 is an amazing author, this is a clip from one of her stories (Inferni) Please check her out and follow her because she is such a good writer and a kind person:

As Albi sat, she couldn't take her eyes away from the charm. It protects whoever wears it and their family. How wrong she would be.